“Clean Room and Comfrotable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Houston/Northwest

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Houston/Northwest
Ranked #357 of 488 Hotels in Houston
Bedias, Texas
“Clean Room and Comfrotable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Normally I will not stay in Motel 6's or 8"s or any chain that is below 70 dollars a night.. But this was the only hotel near where i needed to be that had great rate I was able to get my room cheaper because i booked on line, I paid 47.00 for a room with 2 beds, TV, Refride and microwave.. The microwave didnt have a turn plate in but they got me one from another room..I have to say i only have two complaints about this hotel and that was we wore looking forward to swimming but it was a rinky dinky pool not worth getting in they had it closed and their breakfast SUCKED.. only thing they had out was cereal, we ended up at denny's a mile down the road,we kept having problems with our keys they also have a one way entry and its very tight swing as you come around so beware parking in first parking slot by room 110 but overall comfort and no noise was great,.. would I stay again... Yes I would

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor at the back corner, dont park in first slot near room 110 your car could b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised what we got for a total of $70 (that includes the taxes). Our room had a refrigerator, decent size TV. We had a nice little couch, coffee table, desk and chair in addition to the bed of course. The room was clean. My wife and I very happy with the value and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barron B
Dallas, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The c/in was friendly, cost for room was $60.00 mini the room was clean, nothing fancy but fitting for our needs. One morning the wifi went out buth there was a service tech on-scene withing just a few minutes and was up. and running, these people are seriously committed to good service.
This was our second stay and we will stay again.

Room Tip: rooms on side of Wellfargo Bank are nicer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lago Vista, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great location for Galleria area visits or even quick shot into Downtown. Positives: Incredible during the week prices. I have stayed twice here paying $59 for a king suite that had a seperate living room area, frig, two tvs , etc. King room runs about $43!!Most hotels are priced between $135-200 during the week in Galleria area, so this is a welcome savings. Staff very nice and room as clean as they can get it. Negatives: Old outdated rooms. Free Internet has not worked either stay. The free breakfast, not for me..The bottomline , bring your own pillow if you can, stay here to save money during week, but on weekends I would pay the extra $20-30 to stay in nicer hotels in Galleria area until this place gets updated. I would never bring the wife to this place either weekday or weekend.

Room Tip: use americas best value card for best price. AAA or AARP good as well..Ask for free upgrade !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Priceline.com gave me a reasonable rate for this hotel and it was convenient to my destination so I gave it a try. However, I am unlikely to return for the following reasons:

1. receptionist was rather ill mannered. This was a young man of probably of an Asian-Indian ethnic group who's spoken English required some effort to understand. His answer to most complaints was consistently "What do you expect for this rate?" He also wandered around the lobby barefoot as if still back in his native village. Though breakfast is supposed to be ready at 5 a.m., he didn't begin to set it up until I arrived after 6. When I checked out, he didn't give me a receipt, but encouraged me to leave promptly. He also forgot my wake-up call. (Thankfully I set my own alarm too!)

2. The room was quite stuffy and the furnishings rather worn looking. It smelled stale as if it hadn't seen a thorough cleaning or carpet replacement in some time. Most things were functional, but the clock kept resetting itself to a random time and the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work.

3. Breakfast was a joke. No meat and the apples were mealy - probably not refrigerated. For milk and juice they have a mini-fridge with opened cartons sitting in it - possibly for days. Coffee and water are on the far side of the lobby in a dark little nook. There's only white bread for toast, the jam looked old and to prepare the instant oatmeal you have to take it out past the lobby and get hot water from the coffee nook.

The have a "business center" but guests are limited to 15 minutes per day, and you must pay $0.50 per page for any print outs.

There may be more, but thankfully I didn't experience it!

I can't recommend this place. Perhaps it might do if there were no other choices. Thankfully there are other choices.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Karl F
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel august 2012 for 6 days, The quality of the room is very good. Doors face outside of the building. The bed and bedding were clean and fresh, the bathroom facilities were spotless, the checkin staff were nice.

Basic clean hotel at a reasonable rate, is on 290, allows me to get to a lot locations easily in Houston, Allot restaurant nearby, across street Macdonal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tania A
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We always stay at this hotel, and now they have renovared. The staff is friendly. We always enjoy free breakfast and free wify. The business center is very handy. Thank you, thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed August 2012