“Needs updating”

Ranked #132 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Needs updating”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Good location and close to restaurants with a nice breakfast but the hotel needs updating. The rooms and kitchen are in need of repair and new appliances.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
RIWestchase, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston Westchase on Westheimer, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us in 2011 and for your feedback. We have been in the planning stages for quite some time now and will be renovating the entire hotel during the 2012 summer. We anticipate our renovations to be completed by the end of August 2012. If your travels bring you back to Houston we hope you will come back and see our improvements.

Jayson Mitchell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Usa, Japan
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Rooms are fine. Convenient to companies in the area. Neaby Hilton, Marriott, etc. Horrible internet....slow would be a huge complement. And, if you try to call the front desk for assistance, you never get an answer--no one ever even picks up the phone. Don't know what one would do if there were a serious emergency. Maybe you pay for what you get but I'd avod this hotel

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
We sincerely regret the problems you experienced during your stay with us in 2010. Since your stay we have upgraded our internet service and have installed wireless internet throughout the entire property. We have also undergone a lot of changes to our front desk staff and I am confident the service being provided is much better than it was during your stay with us. If your travels bring you back to Houston, I hope you will stay with us and see first hand the improvements we have made.

Jayson Mitchell
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Typical Residence Inn located about 4 miles west of Galleria shopping, 610, etc. Also only a mile or so from Sam Houston tollway.
Clean, spacious with a good breakfast makes it a fine choice. Staff was friendly, and although I can't remember his name, the Chief Engineer was very friendly and even drove the shuttle once to get me down Westheimer.
Yes, there is a shuttle, even though I don't think the Marriott website states it.
Rate was great, and an easy 3 minute walk to a H-E-B store.
Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Bloomingburg, New York
Reviewed November 22, 2008

I stay at this hotel often when traveling to Houston only because of convenience. It is not one of the better RI's, hotel needs updates. The heating and cooling rarely works properly in the rooms, and the room itself is not the cleanest.

The plus to this hotel is the kitchen and the grocery store (Kroger) right next door.

If price is not so much of a concern, I would recommend the Hilton right up the road or the Marriott around the corner.
If looking for another extended stay hotel there is a Homewood Suites down the road however it is tough to get in there.

• Stayed November 2008
New Jersey
Reviewed January 18, 2008

Nasty hotel. Roaches all over the place and the place smelled like filth!! Please do not ever stay there if you need a decent place away from home. Even after complaining to the front desk about Roach problems, they did not do anything.

My husband and I had to move out of this hotel and BTW I am a platinum elite member for Marriott hotels and they did nothing!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank BusTravlrNJ
Austin, TX
Reviewed April 13, 2007

After many hours of research to find a hotel near the Westside Tennis Center, I found this one Resicence Inn. I was going to book the Hilton by Westhimer because it seemed to have better reviews. However, all the rooms were taken during the days we needed to stay. I decided to stayed at this Hotel because we were four adults (my husband and my parents) as well as my dog "Xylla" Yorkie Terrier. We booked a suite (#304) with two bedrooms, each one had its own bathroom (small but it was nice to have our own bathroom). The place was convinient to walk my dog around the property or around the neighborhood next door to the hotel. It had a full kitchet with pots and pans, plates, glasses to fix meals. We only used the kitchen for snacks and beer ;0). The breakfast was included in the price and it served between 6:00 and 9:30am....it was a complete hot breakfast (fruit, bread, wafles, scramble eggs, coffee, tea, yogurt).
We didn't use the swiming pool but it was in good condition and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

One thing is that the Interner is NOT high speed, it is a share bandwith and if you are coming to Houston for business this is not the place for you because you will end up not getting anything done on time. But if you are visiting to see friends, go shopping to the Galleria and/or visit a special event near this area then this is a nice place to stay.

• Liked — Convinient to a grocery store and access to main high way.
  • Disliked — The taxes on the price are not included, end end price is $30 more.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed July 26, 2006

I stayed at the Residence Inn Westchase July 20-23rd. This hotel is located next to a Courtyard. I decided on this hotel because I wanted a room with a lot of space. For this stay, I had a one bedroom suite which was just like a one bedroom apartment including a kitchen with table and chairs, living room with TV, a desk and free internet access. When we checked in the hotel room, there was a very distinct smell like cheap cologne. I tried to spray some room fragrance, but that did not work. My stomach was sick because of the smell. We later complained about it and was told that the guest staying next to us had a dog. YES, this hotel does allow pets. I believe the room they gave us was one that previously had an animal living there. Nonetheless, The hotel moved us to another room that was so much better. It was still a one bedroom suite, but was a lot fresher and cleaner than the first one. There is a Kroger only steps away, so we were able to go there and buy a candle.

This hotel offers free breakfast and has an evening social with food and drinks. We did not try the food because we fell in love with a french restaurant a block away called Le Madaleine. They sell breakfast, lunch and dinner. IT'S WONDERFUL. We ate there everyday during our stay. Try the raspberry lemonade.

The hotel is located on Westheimer. Most of our trip consisted of us going up and down Westheimer all day. There are SO many places to eat on this street. Everything you can imagine including upscale restaurants and regular fast food places. There are several Walmarts that are conveniently located in the area too. If you love Starbucks, then you will see hundreds of them in the area as well. The Galleria is in the area too. This place is so large that it would take several days to visit all of the stores. There are a lot of other places to shop outside of the Galleria. I plan to take another trip to Houston just to shop. We ended our trip with a visit to Lakewood Church with Joel Osteen. This was the highlight of the trip. The service was excellent.. we would highly recommend it for Sunday Church service.

Overall, my stay at this hotel was Ok. I think I will go for a 4 star hotel in the future. Westheimer Street is a good location for a hotel, simply because of the location with easy access to shopping and eating.

• Liked — Size of the room
  • Disliked — Smell and pets allowed
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay on Westheimer