“Convenient location”

Ranked #132 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Baltimore, Maryland
“Convenient location”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times. I like the fact that there is a supermarket right next to it. Hotel is clean and well maintained. Breakfast and afternoon snack/dinner are included and pretty decent. Overall, great value. Parking is behind electric gates; so it's probably safer for your vehicles. Compared to the Homewood Suites that I stayed during the same trip, this hotel is not as good, but more convenient because of its proximity to the supermarket.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank QuangN244
David M, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston Westchase on Westheimer, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels,

David Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The family and I traveled to Houston for a weekend getway and chose Residence Inn because of their pet policies reasonable fee compared to other hotels. We checked in late but Cody was welcoming and cheerful and conversated with my 6 yr old which made him feel like a grown up. The buffet breakfast was big and had a lot of choices AND they had fountain drinks which is great because I do not drink coffee but I drink soda (I know bad). Catalina who worked in the kitchen area kept the buffet clean, stocked, and was very accomodating. When we checked out Stacey was helpful and filled up my cooler with ice for the long trip back. The rooms were very clean and it felt just like home.The location is perfect with a Kroger next door and several restaurants down the street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lacindraluzm
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was in Houston for a business purpose for a month or so and was accompanied with family. I was looking for a hotel to stay near office as well as nice place where my family can also spend time during the day. I found Residence Inn at Westchase Houston a perfect place to stay in Houston. Hot and fresh breakfast and evening social hour in lobby with snacks and drinks was the best thing at this place. Apartments are very well maintained with Kitchen and Kroger food store is right outside the gate which is awesome. The staff at the hotel is very friendly. The place is near to city and lot of food options nearby if you don't like to cook everyday. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Houston and happens to have work/business near Westchase.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the Elmside Dr are quiter and better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is my third stay here and second since the renovation. We booked 6 rooms for guests attending a family wedding; the staff was very friendly and courteous to us. They took particular care with my 85 year old mom. We love Ana and her mom. We enjoyed the variety of breakfast items offered and partook of some of the evening snacks. Caution: protein goes first. My grandson played basketball with some of the other guests. We used the grill and swim facilities one night. Several good restaurants are close by and Kroger is across the street. We had a blast celebrating with bride and groom.

Room Tip: I enjoy the corner rooms. 208 is a two bedroom unit with a fireplace.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carole J
Virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff is friendly and very helpful. Comfortable accommodations. Breakfasts and evening socials a big plus! It's at a great location- grocery store is located right next door; excellent variety of restaurants, "China town" is practically around the corner along with an upscale Mall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Geralyn B
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Since their renovation, I have stayed here twice. Both were very positive experiences. The fence around the parking area adds a greater sense of security and is easy to enter/exit. The changes in the dining area improve the appearance. When maintenance items need to be addressed (e.g., torn netting behind the basketball goal), management responds immediately. Staff is consistently courteous -- from front desk to housekeeping to individuals who manage the buffet.

Not only does Residence Inn provide hot breakfast every morning, a few buffet items are served on Monday through Thursday nights. I particularly appreciate that vegetarian options are always available.

Rooms on the south side of the property (facing away from Westheimer) are most quiet.

This is my preferred place to stay when I am on business in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (facing away from Westheimer) are the most quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert B
RIWestchase, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston Westchase on Westheimer, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We thank you very much for staying with us and look forward to your next visit with us the next time you are in Houston!

Jayson Mtichell
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here last year before the renovation and had a horrible experience that made me reconsider whether I should change my hotel chain of choice. Management responded and did a full renovation and upon returning, I can positively say that this is now one of the better appointed hotels in the area.

I am very happy with the staff service, I like the new room appointments and lobby/breakfast area. The musty old smell in the rooms is gone. Really, the only thing that shows its age is the elevator. Breakfast is varied from day to day and offeres ample options. The evening social is a nice perk. Internet worked great. I found the new security fence around the parking lot to be the best system in this area- you must have your room key to access the parking lot and the entrance/exit is in view of the lobby. The security provided here is a major reason why I am booking my next trip here. Thanks to the staff and the renovation crew - this is a great example of Marriott.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AndyKennison
RIWestchase, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston Westchase on Westheimer, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this response and for staying with us again. It is always great to hear that the enhancements we have been making are well received by our guests.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Jayson Mitchell, General Manager