“great property and staff”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer
Ranked #300 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Atlanta, Georgia
“great property and staff”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have stayed at this property on several occasions and have never been disappointed. Its worth sharing this rare find of a property with other travelers. For visitors to the Houston area with needs for long term stay, check this property out. Near shopping, grocery stores, etc. If you are looking for a clean, quite and modern property with great staff this is it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lori w
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Lori - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased that you have enjoyed each of your visits to our property. It is very rewarding to know that we have been able to enhance your experiences with great service and a great location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Although this property claims to have been updated, it is still dingy and depressing. The room was absolutely beyond horrible. Carpet was soaking wet in front of the inside air conditioning unit. Depressing hallways and old elevator. Noxious fumes. Did not sleep at all having to breathe toxic chemical smell. Made me wonder what in the world could have possibly caused that??? Refused to spend one more second there. Couldn't wait to leave. Got up very early. Checked out immediately--many days ahead of schedule. Will NEVER stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Charm4u
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the carpet in your room was wet upon arrival and that you found there to be an odor throughout our hotel. To make sure this doesn't happen again, our maintenance staff has repaired the A/C in your room and cleaned the carpet properly. As well, our housekeeping staff has eliminated the odor.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at HWS@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room was spacious, quiet and comfortable, and the staff, especially the manager Brandon, was exceptionally helpful. The location is excellent for shopping, dining and access to freeways. Unfortunately some GPS identify it as located on the east rather than west side of Sam Houston Expressway. Facilities are designed for cooking, including an oven, but no oven suitable pans or dishes are provided. Brandon helpfully came up with a broiler rack upon request. He also "saved" our reservation when the temporary loss of some rooms led us to be offered a room at a different ESA in place of the one we reserved. We were very pleased with the stay there and would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 44881Ellen
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the entire staff to be friendly and helpful, especially Brandon. As well, that you enjoyed our location and your spacious, clean room. It was such a pleasure having you visit and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My experience at Extended Stay America has been excellent.
It is a cosy and soothing stay.
The staff has been cooperative and hospitable.
The room cleaning services and the Grab and Go breakfast are very good.
The early morning (starting at 6AM) breakfast boosts the energy at the start of the day and
the well planned rooms along with the well equipped kitchen make you feel at home.
The nicely planted garden adds to the aesthetic beauty of the 2424 extended stay.
The swimming pool is an added joy.
BEST WISHES TO THE MANAGEMENT AND STAFF OF EXTENDED STAY.
Warm regards,
Niteen

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Niteen D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that your experience at Extended Stay America has been excellent and that our hotel is cozy and soothing.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Grand staff, grand place, grand guest, doesn't feel like you're staying in a hotel. Nice to great shopping, outdoor fun, close to all the hot spots, good for conducting business, easy to make flights connections, safe location, clean rooms, team works hard to meet your requests, cold a/c, great for relaxing after work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room was very clean and nice. Issue with thermostat on the room heating/cooling system and it looked ugly with the plug they had going on. Front desk was very unfriendly. The location is a little rough with the area it's in. Would have preferred a safer looking parking lot, but nothing happened. There was an offer of a free amenity when I checked in and I was offered a basket of shaving razors to pick from.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Broncosmom

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I needed a place for 2 months and researched / visited several ESAs. I am not an employee of ESA, nor have friends or family there. Just to clarify, this is a real review from a guest. I liked this ESA because of its location, safety, and friendly staff. After a few weeks, I don't regret my decision. From the time I checked in, the staff has been top notch. I am just a tired accountant who needs a quiet place to sleep after a long day of crunching numbers and dealing with clients. This ESA has surpassed my expectations. It has been recently renovated and is near many shopping centers. Go two blocks and eat at "Lucky's Chinese," where for $10 you can have an awesome sushi / Chinese buffet. Or get your car washed one block away for $10. Etc, etc. The location is awesome, safe and it only takes me around 20 - 25 minutes to get to downtown using the 10 freeway; tolls road would be even faster but I don't need them. I really like my spacious room, the kitchen, and the air conditioner works quietly and doesn't awake me at night. Only one issue, I am a little picky and my room had been smoked in (though not excessively) so I complained. I received an email from the hotel manager promptly (Brandon). I replied around 11 pm at night; to my surprise, Brandon started responding to my concerns that same evening and arranged to have my carpet shampooed the next morning. It was unbelievable service! Brandon also offered to move me to another room. I am not a VIP but I was certainly made to feel that way. For the great service, friendly staff, renovated rooms, and caring management, this is the best ESA that I've stayed in and I give it five stars. If my experience isn't five star service, I can't imagine what is.

• Stayed March 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Pauleast

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Extended Stay Westchase Westheimer. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. I thank you for staying with us for over a year and half. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will personally congratulate my staff for their great service to you.
As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you continue your stay. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.