Comfort Suites - Near the Galleria
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscoffee tablehotel propertycoffee makergreat customer servicegalleria mallyogurtcsvaluablesmicrowavesofaweddinglinens
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed there 2 nights and the hotel was very clean and comfortable ,had a great pool and breakfast. The surrounding area was a little sketchy . They did fix the lights in the parking lot and had a security vehicle on the grounds.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is very important to us. We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed there in December of last year (see review), and pretty much all of my thoughts from the previous visit still stand. I stayed there again for 4 nights in March of this year. The only thing of any significance that bothered me, which I complained about on the first night, was there were several parking lot lights burned out in the back parking lot, which were not fixed during the time I was there. Given the fact that this is in a high crime area (significant ghetto high crime area to the south, and all kinds of seedy types up and down Richmond), they need to be on the ball with security. The first couple of nights I saw no security, and the security company car from the company they hire (which was parked in the back) never moved. I did see them out and about the 3rd and 4th night I was there, and was glad to see them. Not sure if they don't work 7 nights a week or what.

Regardless, given the area, not tending to burned out lights, which creates darkness for car break ins to occur or other shady activity, is unacceptable. That back lot was creepy, and I found myself looking out my window several times during the night, hoping a parking space in front of the hotel (much better lighting and more activity---less chance of a break in) would open up. I shouldn't have to sleep with one eye open, so to speak, worrying about the contents of my vehicle because I had to park in the dark.

To a fair degree, I like this hotel, but if the manager takes his/her job seriously, they will be aggressive about the security of their patrons. Having multiple lights burned out is the type of complacency that tells me the manager is a slacker. When I drop nearly 500 bucks on a stay, I expect results. Hence my 3 star assessment of what should be a 4 star review.

Room Tip: Try to get a parking space in the front of the hotel at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
racheltx671, Manager at Comfort Suites - Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your March 2012 stay at our Comfort Suites near the Galleria.

We’re glad to let you know that the two bulbs on the 30’ pole located in the back of our parking lot have both been replaced. I have been diligently working on resolving this issue for a while. We’ve called electrical companies, tried renting lifts, before the sensors were replaced. The entire exterior lighting is working properly.

I appreciate your business, your feedback and respect your opinion. Our guest safety is important to us, just as it is to you in law enforcement. We take all possible safety measures to protect our visitors such as security on duty, cameras, signs reminding guest not to leave any valuables visible in the cars, etc.

In reference to our location, we are conveniently located less than five miles from Houston’s top residential neighborhoods such as River Oaks, Memorial, and Tanglewood. The famed Galleria Shopping Complex, Williams Tower, Marathon Oil Tower along with major businesses such as Schlumberger and right across from the Houston Diamond Outlet. We have easy access to major highways such as 59, 610 & I-10 too.

Hopefully we will get another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Clean place, friendly staff. Very good free breakfast selections with eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, etc. Average free manager's reception Monday thru Thursday with heavy snacks, soft drinks and wine (no beer!). Surroundng area is not the greatest but not that bad either. A few restaurants close by and a Thai restaurant right across the street that had great food! Bed was average but the pillows need to go. Lumpy and cheap. On a budget or simply like a few extras for a good price? Stay here no problem. Would stay again for the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank VegasChzHed
racheltx671, General Manager at Comfort Suites - Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to mention that in addition to snacks and wine, we do serve beer. I apologize for the miscommunication and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

We had 20,000 Choice Hotel expiring at the end of the year so decided to use them to avoid the need for a 1 1/2 hour drive after a concert near the hotel. This was the fifth Choice hotel we have stayed in this year on points and was clearly the worst value for points, thus the 3 rating and not 4.

The hotel was less than 5 minutes from the 59 interchange at Fountainview and this is a real convenience. The bedding and furnishings were clean and fresh. The doors to three rooms that we passed on our way to our room were open for maid service and all three as well as our room had very noticeable carpet stains that led to a poor first impression. I have had great results on stains of this type using Woolite OxyDeep and said to my wife that I would bet that it would remove most if not all of the stains we saw. The water faucet in the sink in the bathroom was very difficult to manage and needed care. The paint job was not high quality. I really believe that an onsite owner or motivated manager would be able to improve the overall impression of this hotel.

The front desk staff were pleasant and efficient. The complimentary breakfast was standard with biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, breads, bagels, scrambled eggs and a choice of cereals as well as apples, bananas and yogurt.

I would stay here again at the right price, but the abundance of Hot Wire and PriceLine deals in this area would probably result in my not choosing a reserved room here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

At Comfort Suites we strive to provide excellent accomodations at a competitive price. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. We look forward fo having you stay with us again.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Look at my photos, they speak for themselves, it is just really run down. The managers reception is really chips and sodas.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Cw Z

Thank you for comments. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated. Please be aware that we have replaced te ceiling tiles and cleaned the carpet that was pointed out. Also, we are excited to announce that in the next couple of months we will be updating our hotel with new carpet and paint. Also, our Manager's Reception consists of a Hot item, snacks, sodas, wine and beer, Monday-Thursday. Thank you for letting us know where improvement is needed.