Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria
Ranked #143 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I checked in yesterday for an 11 night stay. Check in was quick and pleasant but the room (studio) does not meet expectations. I was not given a room option during booking this property and I was put into an old run down studio with dated furniture and a below average condition overall, I guess its fair to say that it has seen better days, the night was short with the noisy neighbours and loud A/C and some other rattling noise! The front desk was very helpful and polite nothing bad to say about their level of customer service and willingness to help. I have been promised to be moved to a new room today and been asked to leave all my belongings packed so that i can be moved when I am out today; lets hope they don't forget my expensive dietary food in the fridge! So fingers crossed and hopefully I can rewrite this review tomorrow and give credit where credit is due especially after i found out that my platinum rate is higher than some providers offer for this property.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Roxanna C, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for making us aware of your current experience here at the hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experience at the time of your arrival, but do hope you give us a second chance to make things right. We know you have a number of hotels to choose from in the Houston area and wish to restore your trust in us. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance through the remainder of your stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean comfortable suite. Lots of room to relax though we didn't stay long enough to enjoy. Excellent breakfast buffet. Seating area was roomy and cheery. We would certainly stay here again. Kitchenette appeared well supplied bu we did not prepare any meals.

Room Tip: All rooms are within walking distance of the Galleria shopping mall.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay! At the Residence Inn Galleria our goal is to make every guest feel at home and I am happy we where able to achieve our goal. We look forward to hosting you again on your future trips to the Houston / Galleria area.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to shop in the Galleria. It is on the doorstep. The staff are very friendly and professional. Breakfast is very good and in the evenings there are frequently themed free suppers with free alcoholic beverages and soft drinks for the children. Tonight is Italian night! There is no resturant in the hotel but there are plenty of restaurants in the area. Room service can be ordered from an outside catering company. There is a small pool and a fitness area which are kept clean.

Room Tip: We are in a downstairs suite in the main block overlooking the pool. There is no noise in the room f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VeronicaNetherlands
RISugarland, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for your Wonderful feedback! At the Residence Inn Galleria our number one goal is to make every guest feel at home and I am happy we where able to achieve that through out your stay. Please allow us to be your host you again when you return to visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Take a dated 1970's apartment block, turn it into a hotel, perform minimal upgrades, and throw in a few motion detected parking gates and you have the Residence Inn Houston by the Galleria. The orange flood lighting and cramped air conditioner make for uncomfortable sleeping. If I had to stay for a month with a family, it would be worth the annoyance. The staff are kind, the breakfast pretty good, but I will be making a pass in the future

Room Tip: If you value quiet and darkness, cancel your reservation...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
RISugarland, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for making us aware of your recent experience here at the Hotel. We appreciate your review as it is through our guest feedback that we can improve our hotel. We sincererely apologize for the inconvenience you experience with our Air conditioner and Flood lights and do hope you give us a second chance when you travel to the Houston area again. We know you have a number of hotels to choose from in Houston and we wish to earn your trust.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you are looking out for long stay options in Houston’s; this is the place to leave. I am staying here for past 6 months & do not have any single major complaint.
Very friendly, helpful front desk & housekeeping staff makes your stay joyful. Complimentary breakfast has got just enough you need for your daily needs. They have Happy Hour every working day & it’s really refreshing after long office day. They always keep Vegetarian option menu in Breakfast & evening Snacks which is great thing. Rooms are specious & recently they have installed wireless internet to your rooms which makes it very convenient. Internet does get slow at times when you have number of users.
Only couple of minor points which they can work on is design of Bathrooms (they are old fashioned) & A.C. performance.
For me In all its HOME away from HOME.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
RISugarland, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you for allowing us to serve as your "home away from home" during your recent trip to Houston. We are happy to hear our accommodations had everything you needed to make your stay a positive one. As you mentioned we recently had our Wireless internet access installed in our guest rooms and we are excited to inform you we have also upgraded our Internet Bandwidth to allow our guest faster access. Please allow us to host you again when you return to visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Don't be fooled by the photos on the website, the majority of rooms are in a 4 story concrete block surrounding the pool and 2 story house type style rooms you see in the photos. We were assigned one of these rooms on the 2nd floor of the block which had very little natural light, was somewhat dated, and had a faulty aircon unit that sporadically fired up at will (usually early AM) while we were asleep which awoke us and caused us to jump out of bed with fright as it mimicked a diesel tractor engine (we had switched it off).
Aside from this, we found all the staff really friendly, polite and helpful, the location is great for the Galleria area, it is on a quieter side street and there was plenty of parking.
The breakfasts were standard american and the communal pool area is very nice.
A fair option if you don't want to stay in a high rise, but I would only return if I was guaranteed a room around the pool area and was quoted a little less per night.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DSandA
RISugarland, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for making us aware of your recent experience here at the Hotel. We appreciate your review as it is through our guest feedback that we can improve our hotel. I do hope you give us a second chance when you travel to the Houston area again and feel free to contact our property directly so that we can take care of your preferred accommodations. We know you have a number of hotels to choose from in Houston and we wish to earn your trust.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I gave this hotel a second chance recently for business, and it was marginally better than the last time I stayed. The location is good, ample parking, and the a/c kept the room nice and cool. I found the decor very dated, and the fact that they let people smoke on my floor disgusted me because it stunk up the entire area. Who lets *anyone* smoke in a building anymore? Gross. Bring your own l Lysowipes and give the room a good wipe down- it's hurriedly cleaned at best. (This applies at most hotels, mind you). I did take advantage of the food here and there out of desperation or extreme hunger, but it was not remotely imaginative- they could learn from European counterparts how to ensure guests partake. It's worth a short term stay if you get it for a decent price. It certainly isn't worth the corporate rate they charge my company so I've found higher star hotels in the same area for at least 40-60 dollars less.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Christyatsea
RIGalleria, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for sharing your impression of our hotel during your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will assist us in making our guests' stays exceptional. When you return to Houston I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding rates and accommodations. We know you have a number of hotels to choose from in Houston and we wish to earn your trust.