All reviews butler service remington bar astor suite ritz carlton room service galleria area bit dated very nice hotel spacious rooms hotel restaurant business trip valet concierge oaks gym turndown spg
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

Recently I stayed 2 nights at the Houston St. Regis. This property is one of two hotels I normally book when going to Houston.
The St. Regis staff once again was on point providing excellent customer service from the Valet, Front Desk and Restaurant. I was so pleased to see that James was still working the breakfast shift in the Remington Restaurant. His level of service is top notch while not being intrusive or over bearing.
Check in was easy thanks to Brad. My gold status enabled a room upgrade for me, which was most appreciated.
The Remington Bar can get very crowded and VERY loud on a weekend. Our attempt to have an after dinner drink was not successful due to the size of the crowd and noise. The bar does have a seating area behind the bar where a wall does diminish the noise level somewhat. The challenge is getting service as line of sight to the bar staff is a bit difficult.
I will continue to use the Houston St. Regis as one of my hotels of choice and once again highly recommend their property. The location can’t be beat.

Date of stay: January 2020
TeamMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear TXtravler09,

As a member of Marriott Bonvoy, we thank you for your loyalty to our brands, and we are delighted we could welcome you to The St. Regis Houston once again. It is our uncompromising and passionate team of unparalleled individuals that make us who we are, and we are charmed their timeless service and our impeccable location inspired your time with us. We are grateful for your recommendation, and we want to thank you for continually making us your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you again to our tailored experience.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

My brother lives at The Ivy just down the street and didn't have enough room to accommodate our entire family for Christmas, so lucky us.... he reserved a room at The St. Regis. I had never heard of this specific hotel chain, but trusted his judgement :) he was spot on.
We originally were introduced to their Superior Guest Room with a King Bed and were very impressed. But then we were upgraded to the Astor St Regis Suite and were blown away. Very lavish and and classy.... to say the least. The butler service was amazing!
The hotel itself is also beautiful. From an impressive entrance, to a beautiful lobby area, to the comfortable common areas.... I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was extremely professional and helpful as well. Thank you for making our Holiday stay so wonderful!

1  Thank angeleyz827
TeamMarriott, Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Dear angeleyz827,

Thank you for the eloquent review of The St. Regis Houston. Our hotel is expertly designed to appeal to the modern connoisseurs, and we are humbled to know we inspired your time with our meticulously designed accommodations punctuated by our St. Regis Butler Service. It is our uncompromising and passionate team of unparalleled individuals that make us who we are, so we are delighted we surpassed all of your expectations. Thank you once more for writing about your extraordinary experience, and we wait for you to join us and make yourself at home soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

Stayed here for one night during a layover and expectations were exceeded. We were upgraded to a larger room based on platinum status and enjoyed a exquisite breakfast in the morning. Our room was comfortable and spacious - bed was one of the best! Service was top notch. I needed some over the counter medicine before our evening flight and the concierge promptly assisted me and had someone run over to a local pharmacy to pick it up. Area around the hotel is nothing amazing, but this hotel is worth staying at if you can. Unfortunately, we had a very disappointing experience at the St. Regis Bal Harbour recently, so will not be going out of our way to stay at this chain in the future. Wish this brand was more consistent across the country and world (we've stayed at 4 of their hotels in 3 different countries).

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Holly S
TeamMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Dear Holly S,

Thank you for your inspiring review and all the generous remarks regarding your overnight stay at The St. Regis Houston. We are thrilled to know we exceeded your expectations for a great experience. Our team strives to deliver clean, comfortable accommodations combined with outstanding service to every guest; therefore, we appreciate you noticing our efforts. Your compliments were a pleasure to read, and we will enjoy sharing these gracious remarks with our entire team. We are also happy you enjoyed our delicious breakfast. Thank you once more for being a valued Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite member, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

The receptionists woman has very bad attitude and rude , I called here therefor my necklace disappeared from the room, second the furniture is so dirty and dusty, they didn’t cleaning the water under the table from 4 days ago , then we found a weed cigarette under the bedEverything is very dusty and furniture in bad conditions, so I called to the reception and the girl say “ gimme options “ very rude and I said excuse me ??? I always staying at St Regis and is the first time you ask me for options with that bad attitude , she interrupted me while talking and she hang up the phone on me !!! I went downstairs to talk to somebody who
At least has education, not like her. Anyways I will change the hotel !

This HOTEL is far away to be a ST. Regis hotel or at least the WORST ONE !!! Doesn’t have the standards to become 5 stars hotel

Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Dear Brenda S

We are committed to providing our guests with a fulfilling stay; therefore, we appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. We will address your comments with the appropriate individuals, and we thank you for your patience during this time.

Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful decor and friendly professional service. But we could hear the band playing in the lounge until 2am. Unable to get a good night’s rest ☹️. For the price of this hotel we should not have had to endure that. We won’t be staying here again or recommending it to our friends.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2019

Dear TaraMasonEsq,

Thank you for allowing us to host you recently and for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you mentioning our inspired decor and exceptional service; however, please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise that disturbed you. We know how important it is to get restful, quality sleep, and we deeply regret this was not your experience. We appreciate you sharing your concerns so we can take the necessary steps to prevent similar problems in the future. Although this does not change your experience, we do hope you will reconsider and allow us an opportunity to provide you with the restful, relaxing stay you deserved this time.

We value your feedback and patience, and we wish you all the best with your travels.