“Excellent Customer Service”

The St. Regis Houston
Ranked #36 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Very nice hotel. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful, specially " Vickie Bellinghausen" in reservations. She did an outstanding job with our reservation, making us feel at home, listening to our needs. Very nice lady, and the best very professional. Like always I enjoyed my stay and will come back again.

Room Tip: Contact Vickie Bellinghausen - she is a Senior Reservation Specialist and she will pick the best!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

We greatly appreciate your compliments following your stay at our hotel, and especially for
Vickie in Reservations.

Please come back again soon.

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Houston

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great for business or pleasure, conveniently located near Galleria, Downtown and Memorial Park. I have been a regular guest for over a decade and the service and staff are usually top notch. I have had great service from Micah and all all the guys out front-they take great care of the cars and the people coming and going-and with Vickie Bellinghausen, who pays special attention to my frequently changing reservations. Not many luxury hotels in Houston; this is about as good as it gets.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

What a pleasure to hear from one of our frequent and loyal guests. I know that both Michah and Vickie will appreciate your praise of their service.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Although I did not get the opportunity to stay at the St. Regis Houston I still have great things to say. Vicki in reservation services was extremely kind and helpful when I called in a frantic to cancel the reservation because of an emergency. She was very sweet and understanding when I explained the situation and waived the charges so that we would not be penalized. Now THAT is customer service!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your service experience with our staff and their wonderful caring and
accommodating demeanor.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Nice stay excellent a little hidden and not easy to find entrance. but very nice and up to Saint Regis Reputation. Great service and Harry the bartender is fantastic. Try the restaurant the Remington. Great location near freeway. Quite spacious rooms

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bud K
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the St. Regis Houston, the best address in town. I will share you compliments with Harry.

Please come back again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I came in from the airport after midnight and left at 8 in the morning, so there was not a lot of time to enjoy this hotel. However, check in was fantastic. The front desk clerk really could not have been nicer. The valet parking was great and the room was excellent. Coffee in the morning was welcome. I will be back soon to spend more time!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for recognizing the St. Regis Houston as the best address in town. Please come back again soon to stay with us.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the St Regis Houston for 8 nights in May. I typically stay here when I come to Houston to visit family who still live here. St Regis is my first choice when I stay in cities where this brand is available. The St Regis NYC is my benchmark…stay there every year. Even though the St Regis Houston was renovated in 2008, it is now time to replace the carpet and clean the furniture. I stayed in the Astor Suite. The carpet was heavily stained near the front door, worn, and buckling in the living room area. There were also stains on the sofa and chair in the living room. Other than these shortcomings, the Astor Suite is a large room (1000 sq ft), which allows my husband and me to live in harmony and not get on each other nerves. We also took advantage of the butler service. Finally, since St Regis represents Starwood's luxury brand, to expect high quality standards/level of service is not unreasonable as a Starwood loyalty member.

Room Tip: Stay in the Astor Suite if you need space….a good price for this type of room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miami4me
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your disappointment with your guest room appointments following your most recent stay with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is my first tripadvisor review and I am writing it to make sure that others do not have a generally poor experience. I am (perhaps was) a Starwood die-hard, multiple years platinum, etc who booked myself at the St. Regis for 8 consecutive weeks. I expected more from a chain that supposedly prides itself on customer service.

- Would not provide me a refrigerator for my celiac-related food. Told me that I could pay $50 a day for one or upgrade to a suite. Then they said they only provide refrigerators for medicines and allergies, but still would not provide me one.
- Huge flying roach in my shower, scared the crap out of me
- Most of the people are awesome, but some were just generally unfriendly

As the most expensive SPG property in Houston, I expected more. Back to the Westin or a Marriott for me...

Room Tip: get a suite if you need a refirgerator
8  Thank Andrew D

That you for sharing y our recent experience with us. This hotel prides itself on providing only the finest in customer service and accommodations.