All reviewsbutler serviceremington barastor suiteluxury hotelspg platinumroom servicechocolate covered strawberriesgalleria areafavorite hotelturn down servicefour seasonscar servicebit datedroom was largebusiness or pleasuremile radiusvery nice hotel
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is my first tripadvisor review and I am writing it to make sure that others do not have a generally poor experience. I am (perhaps was) a Starwood die-hard, multiple years platinum, etc who booked myself at the St. Regis for 8 consecutive weeks. I expected more from a chain that supposedly prides itself on customer service.

- Would not provide me a refrigerator for my celiac-related food. Told me that I could pay $50 a day for one or upgrade to a suite. Then they said they only provide refrigerators for medicines and allergies, but still would not provide me one.
- Huge flying roach in my shower, scared the crap out of me
- Most of the people are awesome, but some were just generally unfriendly

As the most expensive SPG property in Houston, I expected more. Back to the Westin or a Marriott for me...

Room Tip: get a suite if you need a refirgerator
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank Andrew D
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

That you for sharing y our recent experience with us. This hotel prides itself on providing only the finest in customer service and accommodations.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed for 2N mid week in a standard room which was very spacious and well appointed (with free internet). The service was absolutely superb, possible the best I have ever experienced. All staff were very professional and helpful. Location is OK (walking distance to Galleria) and no real views to speak of. The hotel interior is very classy, luxurious with a blend of modern technology with grand old style which is a bit dated now. Overall a great stay and I would stay there again.
Tip: there is a fantastic restaurant, Liberty Kitchen, around the corner which I would thoroughly recommend to any Foodies.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the St. Regis Houston, the best address in Houston and for recognizing its many attributes in service and staff.

Please come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have expectations of Five Star hotels. The St. Regis in Houston does NOT come close to those expectations. Opening the door to the room, I was greeted by a loud rattling of the A/C fan. I asked for a different room and was told that the engineer would take care of the problem. On arrival, he suggested keeping the fan on the LOW setting. He did open the vent and made a turn of the screwdriver on the fan. The rattling improved for fifteen minutes. Then, it rattled all night, awakening us each time it went on. HIGH or LOW setting din't make a difference. Being 97 degrees outside, the LOW setting didn't keep the room cool to our liking. (I guess "to
our liking" wasn't their interest)
The shower curtain rod was broken and dangling from the wall.
One available outlet at the desk. Is this not the 21st century?
My wife had to apply make-up at the window, being that the bathroom had subdued lighting.
The lamp shades were crooked and could't be straightened.
The towels were "tired" and definitely not softened.

Hmmm. Maybe, three stars are too much.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Hotel.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel and staff were on the whole was adequate for the price. The room service and maid staff were great. The only parking is valet. The valet managed to destroy the electronic ignition key. This presented a problem getting home as I did not have a second key or valet key with me. $100+ later our key was repaired at my expense. Advise:if you come by car, make sure you have a valet key.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MidWestGM
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for sharing your concerns with the valet parking services here at the Hotel. This service is an outside contractor and I will share your comments. with them.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel has the facade of a real St. Regis. The service is not up to par with other properties around the country (never stayed in a SR outside the USA). The finishings are sub-division quality and the carpets are looking tired. I dont see why anyone would pay a premium to stay at this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark Z
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for sharing your observations following your most recent stay at the St. Regis Houston, recognized as the best address in town.