Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$82
Hilton.com
$81
$76
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$149
Doubletree.com
$179
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$200
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

All reviewsbutler serviceremington barastor suiteluxury hotelspg platinumroom servicechocolate covered strawberriesgalleria areafavorite hotelturn down servicefour seasonscar servicebit datedroom was largebusiness or pleasurevery nice hotelhotel restaurant
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel and staff were on the whole was adequate for the price. The room service and maid staff were great. The only parking is valet. The valet managed to destroy the electronic ignition key. This presented a problem getting home as I did not have a second key or valet key with me. $100+ later our key was repaired at my expense. Advise:if you come by car, make sure you have a valet key.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MidWestGM
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for sharing your concerns with the valet parking services here at the Hotel. This service is an outside contractor and I will share your comments. with them.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel has the facade of a real St. Regis. The service is not up to par with other properties around the country (never stayed in a SR outside the USA). The finishings are sub-division quality and the carpets are looking tired. I dont see why anyone would pay a premium to stay at this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark Z
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for sharing your observations following your most recent stay at the St. Regis Houston, recognized as the best address in town.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have stayed at the St. Regis -Houston many times and always enjoy the experience. The staff is always VERY accommodating, friendly and professional. The rooms are well sized and nicely appointed, although showing signs of wear. This time however, I noticed how shabby the bar and restaurant rooms looked [and even smelled].I was embarrassed to entertain clients here [which i do often during my stay] because of how bad the condition of these rooms were. I remember when dining at the restaurant here meant a reservation well in advance and the bar was always packed. To say there were few people in either would not be an understatement. It is to bad, as the staff at both the restaurant and bar are great including Harry the bartender and Ron and all the wait staff. I was told there were renovations being planned for these rooms, and I am really glad. I still feel it is the best hotel in Houston. The St. Regis just needs a little facelift!

Room Tip: High floors are quiet. all rooms good sized, but suites are especially large!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PeterMmetroNY
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

It is always a pleasure to read a review by one of our loyal repeat guests and yes, there is a renovation of the restaurant and bar areas planned soon.

Thank you for recognizing some of our wonderful long-tenured associates, Harry and Ron; yes, they do an amazing job.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel is simple but very nicely decorated. The lobby isn't grand, but intimate with a good feeling. The staff genuinely do go out of their way to deliver the full St. Regis experience and everyone - from the butlers, to the concierges, to the waitress at the pool - really puts in an effort to make you feel welcome.

The 1 bedroom suites were extremely well appointed and the butler service came with free pressed clothing items and french press coffee each day. The 1.5 baths in these suits were beautiful, with a whirlpool tub, and fancy toiletries. Room service for any purpose was sufficiently prompt and respectful.

We used the spa and, though small, it was very professional and we all enjoyed our treatments. The people at the spa were warm and friendly and it was a pleasure to go there. The pool area is small-ish (the pool itself is quite small) but we had a nice afternoon of laying out in the sun. There is no bar but they had prompt and friendly waitress service to bring us margaritas.

They also offer free black Mercedes service to any location within 3 miles. Very friendly and prompt with funny / interesting drivers. We also used Uber a lot and never had to wait more than a few minutes for a driver to get us at the hotel. Uber was also much cheaper and convenient to get around Houston in general instead of a taxi.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we have to go to Houston for any reason. Truly a great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JesseM3
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Your comments following your weekend at the St. Regis awe very much appreciated and thank you for recognizing it as the best address in Houston.

So glad that you enjoyed a leisurely day at the pool and our Spa associates took such exceptional care of you.

The hotel does have transportation close to,the hotel for set hours without reservations. The limo staff is an extension of the truly bespoke service all staff prides themselves on providing all of our guests.

We look,forward to,welcoming you for another relaxing stay soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My family and I stayed at the St. Regis during my sister's wedding. It is important to additionally note that her wedding was being held at the St. Regis. My family and I are world travelers and have stayed in very luxurious hotels and resorts. I have never felt as unwelcomed in a hotel as I did at the St. Regis hotel. The front desk staff was incredibly rude. My sister (the bride) was told on her arrival that out room was not ready. We politely asked if we could have a room to rest in until our room was ready. We were told by Brittany (front desk staff), "We don't do that here". After settling the room issue, I was checking in with another family member, and heard Brittany mutter to her staff member "I could care less about this right now". I feel this cold and impersonal attitude defines this hotel. The staff is rude and very inhospitable. I assume there is a high staff turnover and that this is a poorly managed hotel, don't waste your money here. I will file a formal complaint with the hotel and Starwood properties.

• Stayed: April 2014
8  Thank Zzzzhouston
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Your comments following your stay at our Hotel for your sister's wedding are noted and thank you. They have allowed us to counsel our staff in this area. Our staff prides themselves on providing only the finest in customer service and strive to make indelible memories.

Please know that this is not the norm at the St. Regis Houston.