“Tops for service”

The St. Regis Houston
Ranked #28 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Had a stay at the "grand lux room" which was ENORMOUS. Oh my gosh, it felt so luxurious with all that space and all those different seating options (sofa? chair? armchair? chaise?). Nice little evening turn down service and fantastic service overall.

Couple of downsides: bath towels could be softer--not sure if this is b/c of the type of washing process or if the towels are older, but I would expect soft and fluffy at a place like the St. Regis.
Second, the lobby bar had a bit of a weird smell IMO. Not a most appealing place to have a night cap.

I'll be coming back for business stays when booking through corporate travel. The weekday non-negotiated rates when booking out of pocket are VERY high--weekend is much more reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your Grand Luxe room at our Hotel and we thank you for your impression of the Remington Bar.

We look forward to your return for a business trip this time.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The St. Regis was everything I expect in a luxury hotel...great service from an accommodating staff especially the bellmen and parking valet, a beautiful and very large corner suite, great linens, robes and slippers, ice bucket kept full, very comfortable bed, and for me, a great location in River Oaks/Galleria.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great and very large. Free parking with AAA membership card.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for recognizing the St. Regis Houston as the best address in town and for the wonderful luxury hotel that it is.

Please come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Great service at valet and front desk, hotel was very welcoming and room was large, comfortable and perfectly clean. Bed and linens top notch. Robes and slippers and chocolates on the pillow. What's not to love. I didn't eat here so I can't comment on the restaurant.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you so much for recognizing our hotel for great service, ambience and for providing indelible memories.

Yes, the St. Regis Houston is the best address in Houston.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Our children arranged this weekend for us as a gift, and they could not have picked a nicest place in Houston: if perfection is the word that captures everything about the place, including the decor of public parts and the room, the many signature details that make a place enjoyable and memorable, another word is needed to characterize the wonderful staff, making this hotel feel your second home: kindness! From arrival to departure, attentive staff is discreetly present to guess and tend to your needs, in a gentle and efficient way.
We loved our evening at the Remington: great dining near the bar (they had a private function that night) and wonderful live music with a great band, making us dance longer than we had in years. Breakfast was also perfect, in a very pleasant setting.
We hope to be back soon!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

We, too, are happy that your children chose our Hotel for your special weekend getaway. Thank you for recognizing our hotel as the best location in town for a quiet, relaxing stay with bespoke service.

Our staff make it their mission to make indelible memories for our guests and from your
comments, it is obvious that we did just this for you.

Please come back again soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

For being a outstanding hotel, this St. Regis meets every aspect. From parking, check-in, pass by the concierge, check-out the car......, the staff are so kind that you can truly feel the difference from other hotels. The room, working area, bed are decorated in a conservative yet luxury style and great! Whenever you call the concierge from room, the staffs always remember your name and responsive (It's not hard but just few hotels do that). The welcome amenity came with a card that with my name hand-written is warm and unforgettable. I love this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

It was a pleasure to read your comments following your most recent stay at the St. Regis Houston. Thank you for recognizing us as the best address in Houston and for the wonderful caring staff.

Come back again to see us soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The St. Regis chain strives for perfection, and they get it right in Houston.
This is a beautiful hotel, and the people make the difference here.
From the moment I drove up to the moment I checked out the staff couldn't have been more helpful, attentive and kind.
They anticipate your needs without being pushy or intrusive.
The check-in was smooth, and I was welcomed as an SPG Platinum with a lovely upgrade.
A colleague came in about the same time as I did, and nobody hurried us as we caught up. They let us have all the time we needed, and as they knew him they'd already started his check-in process without us knowing. Now, that is amazing service.
The room they gave me was incredible. Huge!
I put the luscious robe & slippers to good use, as I was there during an unusual winter cold snap with some foul weather.
I met some colleagues in the bar, and I was incredibly impressed by the staff there. My colleagues are in Houston often & stay at this hotel, and people knew them by name.
My only issue with the hotel is a lack of signage. I wasn't sure whether I drove into the right place. The hotel is off-the-beaten path & not on a main road. I wasn't certain I picked the right driveway, as I'd first passed one with good signage, so I drove into the next driveway and asked. The one I thought was the hotel was really the restaurant & banquet entrance.

The list:
Shower pressure: Fantastic.
Front desk: Impeccable.
Bed: Above average.
Sheets/Bedding: Above Average.
Towels: Above average.
Phone service/attendants: Above average.
Room size: Above average.
Room service: I didn't order anything, but my colleagues ate in the bar. Their food looked and smelled amazing. In hindsight I wish I had ordered something.
Bathroom Amenities: Remede - which is a fantastic brand. These are bathroom soaps, shampoos & conditioners you'll want to use on a regular basis.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Wow it was great to read your impressions following your recent stay at our hotel, along with many colleagues. Thank you for recognizing our wonderful staff for being so attentive and anticipating your needs; please come back again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Very nice hotel with big rooms and great breakfast. Near Galleria area and nice staff. I would highly recommend. The nights are a bit high $200+ but we'll worth it. I stayed 1 night as we had our company party here.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank HouTexasGal
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

We greatly appreciate your comments following your stay at our Hotel for a company party. Yes, the rooms are larger than other hotels in Houston and we are located close to the Galleria. Please come back again soon to the best address in Houston.