“Wish my stay was longer”

The St. Regis Houston
Ranked #25 of 504 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York, NY
“Wish my stay was longer”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We received a warm welcome from every staff member we encountered. Everyone was incredibly helpful. Our room was large and comfortable. The courtesy car was very convenient, the driver was friendly and knowledgeable, offering us many dining recommendations. For comfort and overall atmosphere, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments following your stay at the St. Regis Houston and for recognizing our staff for providing bespoke service and indelible memories.

Please come back again soon to the best address in Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2013

St Regis delivers. Beautiful, upgraded room (SPG status), excellent and courteous staff, the usual Remede toiletries, super attention to detail (afternoon turndown service, light music turned on, etc), orchids in the room. Your sense of beauty gets a boost.

Breakfast was also very nice at the adjacent restaurant.

Cons:
- valet parking is a bit absurd for $35. Suggest you park 100 feet down on the side of the street and it's free :) Yes may sound a bit weird to do this when staying at a luxury hotel; however, I also like to be given the option to valet vs. self park, and don't like to be forced into valet due to lack of options !
- Location is not the best - off of a side street - but then again, what is a good location in Houston..?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank zsuzsska1
Thank you for recognizing the St. Regis Houston as the best address in Houston being close to the Galleria and manjor thoroughfares. All luxury hotels have a charge for valet parking and the hotel's fee is in line with what one would pay at any major city luxury hotel.
Paris, France
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The St Regis has to be my favorite hotel in Houston. I stayed there when it was the Ritz Carlton. The service is excellent, the rooms are the height of Luxury, so comfortable. I always stop in and have a drink in the bar and say hello to Harry. He's been there at least 30 years - always greats you with a smile.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
It was a pleasure to hear from one of our most loyal guests following your most recent stay at our Hotel. Thank you for recognizing us as the best address in Houston and Harry as the
best bartender around.

Please come back again soon.
New Orleans
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I arrived super late to check in, and due to the time I guest the front desk agent( a guy) was sleepy and tired, but he just seemed rude and out of order( maybe because I'm in my 20's). Hats off to the concierge team and the Benz driver, and the new bellman who assisted me to the Astor level to say it was his 2nd night or so he did well. Maybe the Front desk needs some lessons from the nearby Westin Galleria you don't have to wear suites 24/7 to have $$$$.

Room Tip: Astor level
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel and apologize for any
misunderstanding that may have occurred on check-in. I was pleased to read that the bellman and driver took care of you.

Please come back again soon to stay with us.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for a week on a business trip. The hotel is nice, but I wasn't too impressed overall. The only option for parking is valet. You cannot come and go as you please, and the parking charge per day is $35 USD. Many times, I called downstairs 10 minutes early to have my car ready, and when I got downstairs, I still had to wait a couple minutes for the car. Then, the valet would expect a tip...

The pool at this location is very small. There is no hot tub. The internet in the rooms is pretty fast. The hotel is very clean, the people are friendly, but the big drawback for me about the location is the lack of personal parking, slow valet service, and not having a hot tub. Is having a hot tub in a 5 star hotel too much to ask for at the end of a day?

Location is not the absolute best. There are no restaurant options within walking distance.

All in all, a nice hotel, but sadly, I won't stay here again. I need a little more functionality and creature comforts when I travel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your observations during your recent stay at our Hotel. Yes, the hotel does not have self-parking and charges for valet parking, the price which is
comparable to any luxury hotel in a major city. We have a wonderful pool deck and fitness center, but the builders opted not to have a hot tub.

The hotel, the best address in Houston, located very close to the Galleria and Highland Village with wonderful dining possibilities.
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband was traveling for business, so my 9 year old son and I tagged along. The hotel is wonderfully quiet and relatively small. Everyone who worked there was quite nice and helpful. The rooms were a nice size and comfortably appointed. The room service for breakfast and dinner was well-prepared, though not terribly exciting (what room service is?!). The pool is relatively small, appropriate for a hotel this size. It was really attractive. It appeared that all the guests were there on business, so my son and I had the pool to ourselves. We had a great time there and would highly recommend it for anyone traveling on business or for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
So pleased to learn that you and your son were able to join your husband on this recent business trip and that you you found out hotel an oasis of peace and tranquility.

Thank you so much for recognizing our wonderful staff, Room Service and the quiet pool and its surroundings.

Please come back again soon.
Augusta, GA
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We didn't stay at the St. Regis, so this review is not of the hotel itself but of its high tea. My husband and I have high tea all over the world, and this truly was one of the most enjoyable teas we've attended. We took my mother for her birthday to her first tea. The surroundings were more modern than most places, but it was very comfortable. We had three teas to choose from and were offered some leaves to smell beforehand to choose the one we wanted. The sandwiches were the standard fare, but the three of us decided that the chicken salad was the best we've had. And so were the homemade scones and clotted cream. They were still warm when they brought them to us. The three pastries they brought us at the end with our champagne were excellent as well. There was a harpist playing which really added to the atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kay M
Thank you so much for sharing your recent afternoon tea experience at our hotel to celebrate a very special occasion.

The Hotel has offered tea service since it opened its doors in 1982 and we consider it a tradition we very much value and it provides a very special bespoke experience for our guests.

As a tea aficionado, your comments are especially poignant and I thank you for them.