“Lovely hotel”

The St. Regis Houston
Ranked #30 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 30, 2013

What a lovely hotel! Even with no to limited vacancy, the staff went above and beyond in regards to service, the breakfast room service was wonderful, and the room was very clean and comfortable. The fresh cut flowers were a welcome touch upon our arrival. Wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Your comments on the fantastic service you received from our staff on your recent stay. Yes, we have been blessed with high occupancies but I am glad you were with us.

I cannot agree more; the flowers are a great touch throughout the Hotel.

Please come back again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here for a very quick trip into Houston, but we will return. The room was very well done and comfortable. Used AmEx and were upgraded to a beautiful accommodation. Service at the desk, concierge staff and bell desk were all fabulous. Room service for breakfast was super fast and wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

It was a pleasure to have you in our care for your brief trip to Houston and your praise of our
associates is much appreciated. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I just spent 3 nights at the St Regis in Houston while traveling on business. I highly recommend this hotel. The room was really nice--good size, nice and clean. The bed was amazing---I slept so well! Having an infant at home, I don't normally get to do that. The service was very good--from the front desk, to the butler to the room service--everyone! Housekeeping too. Ordered room service one night and it was very good.

Try and use the hotel shuttle if you can--I took it to work one morning instead of a cab--much nicer ride although I think it is in high demand.

Free newspaper, shoe shine, and a nice selection of coffee and tea downstairs in the morning.

Cons: I forgot toothpaste and unlike most high end hotels that will just bring a little tube up for you, I had to take it from the bathroom minibar for $6. That is kind of bush league and not really up to the caliber of the rest of the hotel.

Also, the gym was small and uninspired although after sampling some great local cuisine including Texas BBQ, the comfortable bed was much more appealing than the gym. Maybe the architects knew that when designing the hotel!

I don't know about value for regular guests, but my corporate rate was good. When I travel to Houston for work, the St. Regis will be my top choice, and I will be looking for other St. Regis hotels when I travel for fun.

Room Tip: not sure if any rooms have good views, but mine was facing a construction site
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the St. Regis Houston from the wonderful associates, the great room appointments (comfy bed), the hotel shuttle to downtown
on weekday mornings, great food, room service etc. etc.

We do have plans to expand the gym next year and realize this should be a high priority.

The St. Regis Hotels pride themselves on personal service and anticipating the needs of our
guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon in Houston.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The St. Regis is one of our personal favorites in Houston. The location is ideally suited for access to the Galleria and the Highland Village shopping areas yet set back on a quiet street.
The staff is welcoming and helpful in every way. The rooms are well appointed and include the amenities you would expect from this caliber hotel. The bed was comfortable and conducive to a good night's sleep. Room service was prompt and the food was good. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north or west sides are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

As a repeat guest of the Hotel, it is a pleasure to read your wonderful impressions of the
appointments and our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis on my wedding night May 4. WOW! The St. Regis was completely worth it. The congeries were extremely helpful leading up to my stay. I wanted everything to go as perfectly and smoothly as possible for my honeymoon night, and the congeries and the rest of the staff were just amazing. I used them to book my limo and a car to take me to the airport at 3:00am. Such a wonderful experience. My bride cried when she saw how amazing the Astor St. Regis suite was. Having a doorbell, that's awesome! Having the staff answer the phone "Yes sir Mr. Henderson/ma'am Mrs. Henderson how can I help you" that takes the cake. They are 5 star for their level of service. Food was delicious, room - well it was a Suite - so of course wonderful. The bed and pillows were so soft, I wish I could just take their pillow and sheets for my own. The staff - Tim, Daniel, Michael, Amy were great. Tristian and Micah were excellent.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, the suites are worth it.
1  Thank mfhenderson
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We were so pleased to read that we were your choice for the very special occasion as your honeymoon and thank you for sharing your impressions on the accommodations, service as well as great food.

It was our staff's pleasure to assist in making your arrangements and thank you for recognizing particular associates.

Please come back to see us again soon, perhaps for your first anniversary!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is the hotel where I spent my first evening as a bride, but back then it was owned by a different well known luxury hotel chain. So imagine my delight when I returned (many,many years later) and found it still as dreamy as before. Luxury linens, high thread count sheets, spa, fine dining, and outdoor pool still as lovely as before. I highly recommend these accommodations when visiting the city of Houston. Located near the Galleria and other fine shopping and dining. Yet it feels worlds away when laying by the pool or getting pampered at the spa!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Wow! Thank you for choosing to come back to spend your anniversary at the St. Regis Houston, the same location that you spent your honeymoon.

We are so pleased to read that you found everything to be just as special as it was those few years ago. Yes, the hotel is well located and yet quiet close to the exclusive River Oaks neighborhood.

Please come back again for your next anniversary.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here at the St. Regis for 2 nights, which one was our wedding night. I live here in Houston, so was looking for a nice hotel in the area of our wedding festivities (Galleria). Was not in the hotel all that much, but wanted to provide my feedback from what I did experience. Overal I will say that it was a very nice stay and hard to find any major faults.

Pros:
1. Did not purchase the room directly through the hotel, but they unexpectedly and kindly provided complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and couple glass bottles of natural spring water.
2. We very accomodating and provided early check-in and late check-out.
3. Rooms were nicely appointed and the bed very comfortable. Slept like a baby!
4. Front desk and valet service was friendly and attentive. Called early the week of our stay to confirm reservation and the girl I talked to on the phone was extremely friendly and informative,
5. Free coffee and tea downstairs each morning.

Con's:
1. Though the location is close in proximity to the galleria, dont let that fool you. Every time I had to get to the Galleria area (approx 1.5 miles), it took 15 min or so due to the construction in front of the hotel and the heavy traffic that comes with the area.
2. The wallpaper in the bathroom seemed dated, and to be honest appeared dirty, like the walls had not been cleaned or wiped down in quite some time.

As a final note, I have heard the afternoon tea is a great experience and the sconces are just awesome. I had tried to book a table for the day before our wedding, but unfortunately no reservations were available. Lucky for me, I live here in Houston, so can try again. My advise is to call atleast a week or two in advance to make a reservation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at The St. Regis Houston for such a special occasion as your honeymoon and for sharing your experience with us.

Yes, our associates are wonderful and pride themselves on providing indelible memories for our guests, such as the amenities you received.

Please come back to see us again soon, perhaps for your first anniversary.