“St Regis Houston: The ONLY Choice for Luxury Hotel Accomodations in Houston!!”

The St. Regis Houston
Ranked #36 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a travel SNOB! I travel for work, for fun and sometimes both. When you travel as much as I do, a great property with a great staff is Blessing from Above! Well, the St Regis Houston is a delight to all of your senses and will spoil you to where if even lived in Houston, where an "In-Town" vacation at this AAA 5 Star Rated Hotel would be a treat for even the most discriminating traveler! I have stayed at this "Hotel Gem" for over 20 years through many incarnations. From the days when it was built by the Mistress of Luxury Properties Caroline Hunt in 1982 and named The Remington, it then became a Ritz Carlton, to a Luxury Hotel with no name, to the "Luxury Collection" and then finally and I hope forever, The St Regis. Recent renovations made this already luxurious property even better and more beautiful. I loved watching the artisans who worked on the renovations while I stayed there. Never any inconvenience to me me, but I felt like I was watching a painter finishing his masterpiece!
On top of all the luxury, the beauty and the ambiance, the SERVICE and the PEOPLE are what truly makes the St Regis Houston shine and blow you away. From the best bartender in Houston if not all of Texas, Harry Spitzer, to a staff of ABSOLUTE PROS who I consider my friends! The minute you pull in the drive, the Valets and the Doorman, all of whom have been there "forever" and are unequaled at ANY hotel in America. The Front Desk/Reception and Concierge staff are wonderful, professional and "go beyond the call of duty" to make your stay exceptional! Then if you need them, the Bell Staff, once again, LONG TIME dedicated, fun and helpful, will spoil you with what they do!
I could go on and on, but I feel so strongly about the St Regis Houston that even when I have lived in Houston, I would stay there! A "Can't Miss" Hotel experience for the most discriminating, luxury or business traveler. I consider all the folks who work at the St Regis Houston my friends and almost family. Tell them I sent you! LOL

1  Thank fundking
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

What a pleasure to hear from one of our exceedingly loyal guests! You know how wonderful our excellent long-term associates are who have assisted you over the past twenty years in Houston and it is wonderful that you consider them your friends as well.

Thank you for singling out Harry in the Remington Bar; yes he is the best bartender in Houston, and perhaps Texas as well.

Please come back again to see us soon; your friends await you.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Really liked staying here, the room was massive and the bed comfortable. The lifts were super fast which is always good. The bar had an excellent band playing the night we stayed (Friday) and they drew a good crowd. The atmosphere was really good.

Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Your recap following a brief weekend stay at our Hotel is much appreciated. Thank you for recognizing the wonderful room appointments and the band in the Remington Bar.

Please plan on coming back to see us again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I called this morning with an inquiry on an invoice for a hotel stay at the St. Regis In Houston, TX. Vickie was not only very kind and friendly, but she was quick to respond to my questions. Thanks for your quick help!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write and let us know how helpful Vickie in Resevations was to you. So glad to see that your inquiry was handled so quickly.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Best place to stay in Houston, Jefferies #1 preferred hotel. The service is impeccable and consistent. We have had a variety of conferences and events here that far exceeded any other place I have experienced. The staff is friendly and truly makes an effort to accommodate all needs. I have been especially impressed with the St. Regis accounting department. I highly recommend Chief Accountant, Handan Yolcu. Handan is reliable and professional, making sure all of our accounting needs are done efficiently and accurately. A very respected accountant in Houston. Overall, great experience, have been staying here for years.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for sharing your impressions of the wonderful service that our associates provide to all our guests, and ever more specifically to Jefferies. Many associates are long-tenured here at the Hotel and pride themselves on personalized service to our guests.

Thank you for recognizing our Chief Accountant, Handan Yolcu, for her assistance to you.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

While the rooms were lovely, spacious, and comfortable, I was quite disappointed with the service. Check-in was slow and unfriendly, as was check out, and the staff was generally unhelpful. I don't mean to exaggerate, as the service was not awful, but it was very disappointing for a St. Regis. It seems to me like the St. Regis here is quite comparable to the Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons in terms of hotel and room quality, but my experience has been that the latter two have FAR superior service at very similar price points.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BaltimoreGuest123
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Your recap of your recent stay at the St. Regis Houston was a bit disappointing to read. We have a wonderful stay, many long-tenured, and I apologize if you did not receive only the finest in service while at the Hotel.

I would love to welcome you back to stay with us to show you the true luxury standard of service at this Hotel; and encourage you to feel free to contact this office directly when making your next reservation.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place is expensive, but worth totally worth it. The location is great for visiting a few of the awesome restaurants in the area. It is also very close to the Galleria. The rooms were gorgeous. We just got a standard room and I really would not see any reason to pay more for a better room. The basic room was well appointed, large and had an awesome bed! We were staying here while going to a wedding and I wish we could have spent more time in the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor and near the pool and there was no noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your romantic stay at our Hotel while attending a friend's wedding.

All of our guest rooms are well appointed with heavenly beds and well appointed and large.

Please come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Recently completed a 3 week stay at this wonderful property

Lobby and Public Areas:
Posh- Don't come expecting the Burj Al Arab (which is good in its own way!)- Instead, the public areas are small and cozy, lots of fresh-cut flowers, polished marble and understated elegance mixed in along the way. It is luxurious yet unstuffy- with great service to match. Always a friendly face to greet me after a long day of work (or shopping)

The Hotel car
A nice, cool black Mercedes S550 with Gayne, a super friendly and professional driver. Pick ups and Drop offs were never an issue, although you may understandably need to wait a little during peak hours.

Guest room
My Grande deluxe is a huge corner room with a long, 3 seater sofa- i appreciated the 'separate' entry and bedroom- though I understand even the normal rooms have these. Gives it a much more 'segregated' feel, even though there are physically no doors separating your room from the entry. The bathroom was extremely clean and kept that way- shower curtains and every square inch was spotless.

The bed is ultra comfy outfitted to the brim with Italian brand Pratesi linens. Nothing more to say except I blame it for keeping me from work.

Remede toiletries were constantly replenished, and a fresh supply of towels always on hand. If I have to criticize- Perhaps reconsider the sale of toothbrush/shaver/tampons in the bathroom drawer? They should be on request at a posh hotel of this nature.

Also, there were no tea/coffee making facilities although a kettle jug is available on request. Morning coffee/tea off the lobby (or near the elevators somedays) is perfect- quality stuff on offer, you can see they don't skimp here! A huge selection of organic tea, fresh coffee and Austrian honey.

Dining
I frequently had room service and Remington. We also had afternoon tea once.

Room service- consistently high quality and arrives on time. However, the prices are steep but the service is gracious- no one hangs around for a tip (gratuity included in price)...small touches like how they make effort let the room door close slowly rather than 'bang' with the door mechanism shows attention to detail. They are very flexible with menu substitutions although I wished there was a more varied and international choice (maybe some Oriental options)

Remington (and the bar) - two separate restaurants; the bar and main dining room with the bar being my favorite. Extremely attentive service from Celia, whom I got to know well during my stay. Bar bites were good value and big enough to serve as an entree. Full Remington menu was also offered. I miss the burger and seafood pasta!

Afternoon tea
Delicious sandwiches, quality Staud Austrian jam (gosh the strawberry jam is 70% fruit content-the best I've seen- same Jam served in roomservice and breakfast) although I felt the service could be better. It's not that the wait staff slacked- they tried their best. I feel they should have more wait staff in there as they seemed overwhelmed when full. Harpist in attendance!

Overall- Fantastic. Scott at the concierge, Gayne the ever dependable driver, Tristan, Micah, Mike and the rest of the doormen/valet...Celia at the Remington, and the rest of the crew- Thanks for the fantastic stay! Gets my vote as Houston #1

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your exeptional experience at our Hotel and for recognizing some of our wonderful staff. Many are long-tenured and go above and beyond to ensure only the finest
service to our guests.

Please plan to see us again the next time you are in Houston.