“Awesome Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, Texas
“Awesome Service”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I live out of town but stay at The ST. Regis in Houston frequently because of the excellent service and attention to detail that they bring each and every day. From valet, to front desk and bellboy, the staff are friendly and attentive. The room is beautifully appointed with classic decor and plenty of space. The king bed isa super comfortable with lovely bedding. Prince who normally takes my Breakfast order is prompt and always has my order correct. Robert who normally is the server that delivers my order is courteous and always asks if I need anything else.. Chris and Miles usually my car out front before you checkout are very friendly and there to help with anything. Jose and Vickie are the ones that normally take care of me when Vi is out of the office. The hotel is pet friendly and I brought my dog and they had my room ready with food and water bowls and a doggie bed. People such as me and my wife who are dog lovers and have dogs as children can appreciate the attention to detail "even for my dog!" That was pretty impressive. I was visiting one time and was very sick and requested some saltine crackers and ginger ale. These two things were not stocked at the time. Vi went to the store without me asking or knowing and hand delivered them to me off shift. Just that litle extra bit of service made a huge difference to me and brightened my day although I was feeling under the weather. Thanks St. Regis Houston! I will always be coming back when I need a hotel to stay at.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
As a frequent guest of the Hotel, you do recoginize what a fantastic job our associates do at
making sure that every guest's experience is perfect from beginning to end, even the dogs.
Thank for mentioning so many of our staff and how they assist with your stays.

We all look forward to seeing you back again in 2013.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I live in Houston and we stayed at The St. Regis for one night just to get away for the weekend, and felt as if I had gone out of town! It's a beautiful hotel, albeit a bit older, but nonetheless luxurious and sophisticated. The service is top shelf and the staff attentive to our needs. The rooms are very large and decor is very modern. My only complaint is that the bed/pillows could have been more comfortable; but to be fair, I am picky about my mattresses. The restaurant is incredible: excellent food and even better waitstaff. It's a great place to visit if you're looking for a romantic dinner, and they have Sunday tea/brunch as well for ladies. There is a bar with room for dancing and an intimate lounge that's more quiet. We were there on a Saturday night and the ambiance was very romantic. As for other amenities, the workout room is rather small and the machines looked old, but it's not bad. The spa is located in the gym area so it's not very large and they were booked the day of our visit, but they offer massages/facials. The hotel is near the Galleria, which makes a visit there very convenient. All in all, one of my favorite hotels to have another staycation in Houston.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kwaziness
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
It was great to read that you chose the St. Regis Houston for your weekend staycation and thank you for your compliments on the service level of our associates and the great food.

We have plans to expand the spa/fitness center next year and thank you for your input on this.

Please return again soon to the best address in Houston!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Service:
From valet, to front desk and bellboy, the staff are friendly and attentive. Excellent service.

Room:
The room is beautifully appointed with classic decor and plenty of space with work desk, two sofas and chaise lounge to watch TV. The King sized bed is super comfortable with lovely bedding.

Food:
The in-room service is fantastic with on-time delivery for breakfast. The fresh juice was great and the tea nice and hot, coupled with bircher muesli and fruit, made an excellent start to the day. Treated myself to high tea service in the Tea Lounge and was pleasantly surprised with the harpist playing Christmas songs and other classics. A most relaxing ambience. High tea food itself was lovely. The tea selection recommended was great with savoury and sweet dishes. The savoury was a little disappointing as the bread had gone a little soggy, and the chicken filling was edible but not delicious. The cured meat, cheese and cucumber fingers were also ok. The petit four and scone made up for the lost brownie points, as they were absolutely delightful. I'm used to paying $40 for high tea in Australia, however for Houston (and USA in general) I believe the price tag is a little too expensive.

Overall:
Would definitely stay again, and hope there is time to try the Spa services on the next business trip. On another note, it would be fantastic to also have nail service at the Spa, as I had this done in Galleria (5 mins drive away).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CandiedRosePetals
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the St. Regis Houston earlier this month
and for recognizing the best address in Houston. Please come back to see us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Vickie Bellinghausen (Senior Reservation Specialist) is terrific! She was able to get one of my managers an additional night at the hotel at the same conference rate for which he was in town. She was very thoughtful and friendly and I appreciated her assistance in handling our reservation. My manager loves to stay at The St. Regis Houston!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Kristin V
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for recognizing what a great job Vickie does by assisting our guests with their reservations needs. So glad to hear that she exceeded your and your boss' expectations on this visit.

We look forward to welcoming him again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great Hotel with a wonderful atmosphere. The staff is extremly attentative. Very private.
The beds are awesome. Perfect location. Will definitely return. We came for the Colts game but they unfortunately lost

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MARCUS024
We are pleased that your chose the St. Regis Houston (the best address in Houston) for your stay while attending the Texans/Colts game. Perhpas you will come again soon for another visit, even it your team is not playing our Texans.

Our associates pride themselves on providing truly bespoke service to each and every guest and by your comments you were no exception.

Thank you again for sharing your praises.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

In Houston on business for the first time. Had been told by a friend that the St Regis was definitely the place to stay. All I can say, it was. Location is a very covenient 7 minute drive to the Gallaria Mall. They offer a free car service in evenings which runs till 10pm if you want to shop or check out it's fine restaurants. From check in to check out, every staff person I encountered was friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and spacious. The hotel is extremely quiet and thats being said from someone given a room next to the elevators! Great job with the soundproofing when this one was constructed. There is coffee in the lobby library area available at 6am for early risers which is always nice, although not the best tasting I've had. Most assuredly, the St Regis will be my preferred hotel on future visits.

1 Thank TommyLongboat
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at the St. Regis Houston recently and am also glad that a friend steered you in our direction.

All of our associates pride themselves on providing superb Five Diamond service to all of our guests and yes, the rooms are very spacious and offer a quiet ambience. The car service to close locales is a great attribute, especially at this time of year when our guests wish to frequent the Galleria for Holiday shopping.

Please come back to Houston's best address soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I recently attended an evening event at the St. Regis and was highly impressed. I am not easily impressed with the hotel quality, as I am a foodie and very picky when it comes to quality, service, food, ambiance. The look of the hotel, the service, the quality of food and drink were superb. Our party enjoyed every minute of our stay at the bar and then later the overnight stay at the hotel, because we didn't want to drive back home to the suburbs.

The valet was well-organized and only $10, and you entered the hotel in style. Well-lite entrance reminded me of Monte Carlo hotels, and the old world style of the hotel really evoked elegance.

Food and drinks were reasonable, although a bit on the high side, which is to be expected, but the pinot noir I had was delectable.

There were over 100 of us, and we all spent the time talking and getting to know eachother. At the end of the evening, some stayed as not to drive all the way home after a few drinks.

Great location, great food, great ambiance. I will return for dinner.

Room Tip: Get your car valet parked. It is $10 and worth it.