The St. Regis Houston
$127
$209
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$121
$259
$145
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$104
galahotels.com
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbutler serviceremington barastor suiteluxury hotelspg platinumroom servicechocolate covered strawberriesgalleria areaturn down servicefavorite hotelfour seasonscar servicemini barbit datedroom was largebusiness or pleasurevery nice hotel
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at the St. Regis Houston in July for our wedding night. Now, we already knew this hotel was nice as I've stayed here a few times before on business. However, things have only gotten better. First, being a SPG Platinum member (and our wedding night), we were upgraded to a very nice suite. Regarding service, Scott and the concierge team made sure the room was well set up for our return, providing many nice amenities. Further, the staff in general was very friendly. While the hotel is a bit old, it feels natural as the decor works together very well. What I'm saying is this - it isn't modern luxury, but it is classic luxury, something that we very much enjoyed. Next, the amenities are excellent - complimentary gourmet coffee in the mornings, complimentary Mercedes transport (within 3 miles), and and excellent pool and fitness center. Finally, our breakfast at the Remington restaurant was excellent. The food was elegant, well prepared, and we had exceptional service. Overall, for all these excellent points, the hotel is very well priced.

We have had the privilege of staying at numerous St. Regis properties through our travels and we would have to say that this is one of our favorite. We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for choosing the best address in Houston for such a special
occasion, your honeymoon, this month. Yes, the Hotel exudes classic
luxury and many of our associates are long-tenured and pride themselves
on personal service.

Thank you for your compliments on the Pool and Fitness Center, as well
as the Remington Restaurant.

Wow - you consider the St. Regis Houston your favorite St. Regis Hotel.
Thank you.

Please come back again soon to see us.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

First time in Houston, so didn't realise that this hotel is quite a way out of the centre. We stayed here twice at the beginning and end of our journey. We found the staff very friendly and concierge service was good. Doorman was very good and made sure we knew exactly where we were going. The rooms were very comfortable and everything to a good standard. Its irritating though to have to pay for a not all that wonderful wifi connection.

The restaurant in the hotel was very good for dinner but with few diners it lacked atmosphere.

Breakfast was all a la carte and a buffet option might have been sensible.

Room Tip: First time we stayed we had not much of a view. Second time a view of the Houston skyline which was much preferable. Ask for that.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your first stay in Houston, the best address as
very close to the World-Class Galleria for shopping and convenient access to major
streets and highways to get in and around Houston, while still being in the luxury
River Oaks area.

Thank you for your compliments on our associates, many of which are long-term with
the hotel and pride themselves on providing luxury service.

It is Starwood's (our parent hotel company) policy to charge for internet service in guest rooms, but this hotel does provide a complimentary computer in a private cubicle complimentary to guests to access their email accounts, print boarding passes and access the internet.

We appreciate your comments with regard to the Remington.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Wired internet speed is 1 Mbps, water pressure is low, temperature is just a bit warm, no hot refreshing showers here.

Another major gripe, there is an HDTV in room, but the service is analog, basically unwatchable.

The hotel charges 5 dollars for toothpaste, or shaving kit, and management responds to other such comments that such charges are customary at "luxury hotels." I have stayed at Conrad, W, and Intercontinental, all those hotels offers razors and toothpaste for free.

I don't understand the purpose of this hotel, attentive service with substandard facilities is still substandard. The next time I'm in Houston, I'll try the Westin.

The only good thing about this hotel is that you will earn a lot of Starwood points.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank johndoe13
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your impression following your recent stay at the
St. Regis Houston. Please accept my apologies for the poor water pressure and temperature, and for the fact that the hotel does not have HD service.

Our associates are wonderful and provide excellent service; thank you for recognizing this.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We checked in and ordered room service and after an hour called down to find out where it was. The front desk was very nice about it, checked on it, and called back to say it was on it's way and they requested the kitchen take it off my bill. The food was cold, bread was hard, and ice melted.:( The next morning they said 30-35 minutes and again it was over an hour and food was not warm.
Overall the staff was friendly and tried to accommodate. The location is good if your there to shop.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FunDaysRMyKindOfDays
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Good Morning,

My name is Rey Modesto, F&B Manager for the St. Regis Houston. I am reaching out today
to express our sincere apologies for our delay with your Private Dining order as this is certainly not up to our standards. Unfortunately, due to a higher than normal call volume, we were not able to execute your order on time.

We hope to welcome you back to the St. Regis Houston. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Chose to celebrate my 5 yr Anniversary at St. Regis and left feeling somewhat disappointed. I could see where this would be a nice "business" location but I did not get a "romantic" feel at all. Prior to check in they noted I was celebrating my Anniversary and reading previous reviews the staff would usually wishes you happy anniversary, I thought my wife would like that, not one person told us happy anniversary. The room was very spacious but the bed was not that comfortable. I think they try and make up for the beds with softer pillows. I would have thought that a hotel like this would have a more comfortable bed then my own. The pool was nice and refreshing but all the sevice charges and taxes could add up if you are not careful. My wife and I had one drink each and it was $30. Having to valet park at $30 a day seems high too but I knew that going in so I am saying that as just some information. The bar had a band on Friday night and I would say the average age of the guest were 60 yrs old. If you are in that age range you should enjoy it. Reading previous reviews I heard they often leave strawberries or something in your room, all I had was a empty pan. I paid for Friday thru Sunday and actually left Saturday night. If you are planning a business stay you should be happy, If you are planning a memorable, special anniversary with your loved one, you may be like me and leave feeling that you should have checked around more.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Billy O
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you so very much for caring enough to share your anniversary (a very special occasion) at our hotel last weekend. I can only imagine how disappointed you and your wife were not to
have this occasion acknowledged in any way by our staff. Most definitely, we would have sent
chocolate covered strawberries to your room with a congratulatory note from the General Manager. I am personally embarrassed that we let this slip by us as we pride ourselves on making indelible memories for our guests.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show the true service excellence at the St. Regis Houston and would ask that you contact me directly to make a reservation for a return stay for one weekend night as our guests, room and tax charges. I look forward to hearing from you.