“Excellent Hotel, helpful staff, very clean and value for money”

Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport
Ranked #83 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Very nice hotel with good facility and very helpful staff. The room is of good size and endowed with good facility inside. Big TV, good bathroom cosmetics, bed, sofa and all other things are good. Breakfast is also good. Pools are also good. Parking area is big. Internet and printout facility is also good(when internet printer was not working reception helped me to get print out from the invoice printer). Lobby area is little small, but it is clean. Hotel is little away from airport, but all other good things can easily outweigh this.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 21, 2009

Spent 2 weeks at the Hyatt Place Greenspoint in November.

This is a well maintained hotel. The staff are terrific, polite and always efficient. One of the better housekeeping departments that I have seen in a while; carpet was well vacuumed all the way to the edges.

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place, and I found the ‘Gallery menu’ to be convenient and well priced. The food was good too. There are also additional eating options in Greenspoint less than 3 miles from the hotel. The room is spacious and the >40” television is fantastic; can be viewed from either the bed or the comfortable sectional in the sitting area. The shower area though can get a little cramped, and I usually prefer a tub to the shower stall, but was not a deal breaker for me.

Complimentary continental breakfast was ok, nothing special. Not a huge amount of choice, but that’s not a huge surprise.

High speed internet was free and excellent quality.

While the hotel is marketed as a an IAH airport hotel, it is some distance (almost 8 miles) away. Location is otherwise good for business in the area; easy access to the Sam Houston Tollway as well as to eating options in the Greenspoint area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I checked in the hotel around noon and they were really nice and I paid for it using gold passport points. I live in Houston but had an early flight and needed to be near the airport. Around 10:50 I called downstairs and asked if I could get some nachos and they responded that it wouldnt be a problem. I went down 15 later and they werent ready and the girl came and applogized. She said Ill make them and bring them to you. SHe brought me a cup of cheese and chips and sourcream. About 10 later I get a guy asking at my door for payment of my room. I was confused and said I paid for it with points. Long story short they asked me to leave cause they said i didnt pay for room. It was late and I told them i needed to go to atm to get money. I left my belongs in the lobby cause they wouldnt let me have a cart and they were being very rude. I was tired and went over to a friends to get some sleep after not finding my atm card and not wanting to go back empty handed. So I go back to the hotel and ask for my belings the following day. THey tell me that the girl who needs to help me is busy and it will be an hour. I respond ok then I will send my friend to pick it up. SHe said ok. So my friend goes and picks the stuff up but the girl wont give it to him. I called her 4 times in ldays. On the fourth day I called gold passport and told them this story. They transfer me to guest relations in which calls the hotel and informs me I could either go myself the following day or send somebody. Once again my friend went and then he was informed that they had discarded my belongings. I call them while he was there and they tell me they are not responsible for a room I didn't pay for. On a side note they took the points and just gave them back 10 days after asking for them. I lost alot of vauluble things and can not believe they would do this. If anybody can help please email me. Oh btw....I have all the phone conversations recorded dictacting this same story.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank SKamei
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I was impressed with the modern design and efficiency of this hotel. A few negatives... they had a limited selection of television channels, including no ESPN (though there where three of the other ESPN channels). One morning, the wake up call came 20 minutes late and the continental breakfast was not worth the time it took to ride the elevator downstairs. The bathroom is very small as well and the half door on the shower was a little weird. Now for some good points... excellent staff that actually seemed to like talking to you. The 50+ inch flat screen HDTV was great. They also had a panel where you can route a laptop or other electronic device to the television using any number of video and audio inputs. I was on the 4th floor, and had five bars on my wireless internet receiver. The large sofa and wet bar was good for having friends drop by and the room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2009

This is a nice - relatively new - hotel near the Houston IAH airport.

Positives:

- Nice big rooms with living area
- Flat screen tv's
- Easy check-in
- Nice and helpful staff
- Decent free breakfast

Negatives:
- Shuttle buses do not continuously run to the airport - you must call to have one come - which takes at least 25 minutes
- Hotel is not as close as others are to the airport - about 15-20 minute ride
- Shuttles back to the airport only run once per hour - I had to get up earlier than necessary to get the shuttle that would get me to the airport on time.

Overall this hotel was still a good value, nice and clean but there are more convenient places to stay if you are staying over on a layover at IAH.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2009

We needed a place to stay for the night before our early morning flight and this was an affordable choice as we booked via an online rate matching policy. Hotel was newly renovated and clean. Rooms are nice -- LOVE the flat panel TVs. Bathroom was a little small, but we were only there for one night. Not much around -- it took awhile to drive to find anything to eat.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We had our family reunion in Houston June 19-21 and the Hyatt Place was the HUB for our reunion.

Pros:
We paid 85 dollars before tax which was a great price for the amenities
Staff was excellent and attentive.
The hotel was very nice, clean with modern beautiful decorations!
Tawanda (sp) was great! She was affable and pleasant. She was also a great hostess in the morning at breakfast.
Huge lounging couch in the room that let out!
Great continental breakfast with cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, juice and milk.
I went out out to my car several times at night and I felt safe!
Pool was ok, but an indoor pool would have been better.

Cons:
The bathroom was tiny, tiny, tiny. We had a room with 3 adults, two teenagers, and one baby. There was no where to get dressed except in the closet or the tiny bathroom.
Shower kept stopping up, but they sent a repair man in decent time to fix.
Bed was just "ok"

Location is hard to find. GPS takes you to the back of the property where they have the gate locked.

• Stayed: June 2009