“An Economy Inn at Heart, Not a Hyatt”

Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport
Ranked #82 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 22, 2008

We stayed for one night in this hotel near Intercontinental Airport. I was expecting Hyatt luxury at $229 per night, but I got "economy inn" at $229 per night. This place is no better than the $79 inns that dot the area's freeways.
The hotel messed up our reservation (wrong day), had no record of our Hyatt membership (their error) and placed us in an apparently seldom used "handicap" room (their description) on floor one. While the room was clean and had a big screen TV, the AC did not work very well. The clerk forgot to tell me how to activate the wifi code.The "breakfast buffet" was awful. There is no restaurant.
The hotel is in a shaky area (Greenspoint) of Houston. Jogging or walking at night is not recommended.
All things considered, it's Motel Cheapo next time and I save $150.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GalvestonJT

Reviewed October 15, 2008

We had went down to help Hurricane Ike victims, on our last day we wanted someplace close to the airport. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We printed a map on google to get to the airport which was confusing, so the staff told us an easier way and we didn't have any problems finding it.
We ate at the hotel which was a little pricey but good food. The pizza was nice and thick.
The room was awesome, a big sectional couch and a 42 inch high definition tv. Very clean, no mold and plenty of towels.
We will stay here again when we go on vacation.

• Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank debbie_smith22
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We stayed here in September. The rooms are wonderful and the tv is AMAZING. Add to that a friendly staff and good food. I wish they had more of these everywhere. The rooms are also very roomy with a sectional couch, refrigerator, coffee maker. Very well decorated and updated as well. Again, love that high-def tv 42" plasma. After, the hurricane, we went to stay with my parents at Hilton of Americas downtown high rise building $400.00 plus rooms. I must say they were no comparison to the Hyatt place. Hyatt Place wins hands down. Better food also.I highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2008

First stay at a Hyatt Place hotel. I think they all used to be Amerisuites....WOW what a difference!
Really cool art deco kind of lobby, very comfortable. Staff was great and helpful. Room had huge flat screen tv and great bed.
Free wireless which worked well for me. Breakfast was ok but you have to purchase hot items. Pool is outside but no hottub.
Not in the greatest part of town but felt safe.
We WILL be back!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jkuba65
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Just stayed there one night for a wedding in Houston. Needed a place somewhat close to the airport and on the way to the church. My flight got me into Houston around 10AM and Even though check-in isn't until around 3 or so I think, the desk let me check in at 10 as soon as I arrived around 10:30! I found this very nice of them since I was dead tired from my early cross-country flight. That small thing alone makes the place great in my book. My fiance used the shuttle from IAH and had no complaints. Word to the wise, apparently they do only run on the hour, so it's good to call ahead and get your name in to the desk for the shuttle. They seem like they would do what it took to get you to the airport, however. Staff was nice and friendly, rooms were neat and modern, beds were comfortable. Their kitchen has good meals (kind of pricey for what you get, but that's pretty much true at any hotel). Not familiar with Houston, so I can't speak to the location or anything, but was close to the freeway, yet was very quiet and set back from any road noise.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zero8Man
Reviewed April 25, 2008

We stayed in this hotel because it was close to the IAH airport but I would stay here again if I returned to Houston. The room was huge with two queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa. It had beautiful contemporary furnishings and great toiletries. The 50+ inch TV was amazing. They also provided a great breakfast and had a small cafe for additional purchases day or night. It was extremely quiet and very clean.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Ana V
Reviewed March 24, 2007

If you are relying on a hotel for a shuttle to get you to the airport, forget this one. The shuttle runs only once per hour. On Saturdays, they have no driver until 8 a.m. We stayed there on business and needed to rely on the shuttle to get us to and from the airport each day for 3 weeks. 3 different days we waited an hour for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport. Then the shuttle driver was driving 80 miles per hour on the freeway to get us back to the hotel. One day the driver was that late because he picked someone up who was shopping at Walmart before he would pick us up. Our party got left at the hotel one morning because there were too many people for the shuttle to accomodate. The beds in my room were terrible. You could literally feel the springs poking you. They do include breakfast which is watery scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles every morning, but the internet is useless. It is wireless but it takes a very long time to connect-the first time an hour. They have no support for the internet. The staff was totally indifferent to our shuttle problems.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank BusinessHouston
Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Best Western Plus JFK Inn & Suites
Hilton Houston North
Hilton Houston North
#90 of 518 in Houston
Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport
Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental

Been to Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport

Address: 300 Ronan Park Place, Houston, TX 77060-3416 (Formerly Hyatt Place Bush Intercontinental Airport)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#16 Green Hotel in Houston
#46 Best Value Hotel in Houston
Price Range: $97 - $162 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport 3*
Newly remodeled, the Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport is located in North Houston, just a short drive from Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). Guests enjoy our free breakfast buffet, Wi-Fi, and self-parking as well as our outdoor pool, hotel bar and fitness center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/Iah Airport Hotel Houston