“Do not stay at this hotel”

Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport
Ranked #81 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Hotel is:
Old and tired, feels dirty.
Would not recommend it to anyone
beds and pillows uncomfortable
Sofa stained in several places
Bathroom very small, so much so wash basin located in main bedroom area
Road noise horrendous
Air conditioning not working in the room
Reception staff unfriendly
Hotel does not live up to the Hyatt brand name, shame on Hyatt management not improving the standard of this hotel
Do not stay at this hotel ever.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tara L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your stay. I remember speaking with you during your stay about the concerns you had after realizing you had booked with a third party hotel service and not directly with Hyatt. We have reported the number you called to Hyatt corporate so other travels will not have the same issues as you.
The hotels sits close to the interstate and there is road notice due to the heavy traffic in Houston.
Thank you once again for your comments and I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Unlike others, I had no problems with service my one night there, though I did not ask for anything, nor did use the airport shuttle.

I was there all day one day and the large, open, quiet room was very comfy to work in. Much better than most hotels I stay in. Not a lot of options nearby for food, but I knew it was a not-great neighborhood. THe hotel food service model is weird. It works, if you know what to expect, but a microwave in the room (it does have a fridge) would help a lot.

Seemed pricey to me, but it's been a while since I stayed in Houston, so maybe that accounts for the price.

Room Tip: I was on top floor, and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your pleasant comments for the Hyatt Place Houston. The hotel staffs goal is to make everyone's stay a pleasant one. If you find yourself in the Houston area again we hope you will again stay with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

They don't pick up the phone when you ask for a wakeup call, and if they do, they don't actually call you to wake you up! The cleaning crew is good, as my room was kept to par, and the complimentary breakfast is nice, (which is why i'm giving it even 2 stars), but the service is just NOT GOOD. From check-in, to help needed, to a late night meal (I'm paying an arm and a leg, at least smile and say hello/bye/thank you!), they simply do not care about service. I'm surprised, because the Hyatt Place is usually nice, clean, almost like a budget Intercontinental. This one, not so much. If you don't have good service, nothing else matters.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

I would like to apologize for the issues you incurred during your recent stay. We strive to make each guest experience a great one. We failed you. Please be assure that the issues you experience will be shared with the staff to make them aware that there is work to be done to improve our customer service.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I frequently travel for work and Hyatt Place is one of my preferred hotels, until this stay. I've never stayed at a hotel where the entire staff was so apathetic to the people staying at the hotel. No one was rude, but it was apparent in every interaction that my presence as a customer was irritating - from checking in the first night to asking for plates to be put out at breakfast to requesting they fix the air conditioning in the room. The place/structure was fine; the people were not.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Houston Hyatt Place. We strive to make everyone's stay a pleasant one and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Your concerns will be shared with the staff as a training tool. If you find yourself in Houston again please give us another chance to give you the Hyatt treatment.

Wanda Walker,GM

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have never seen such an unfriendly staff at any hotel. No smiles, no greetings, no good mornings. The only friendly person there is a tall, black man that drives the shuttle to the airport in the morning. The other front-desk people seemed to hate their job and were dressed very unprofessionally (except for a tall, black lady, who was dressed professionally).
I was surprised to find a big antibacterial Irish Fresh bar soap instead of your regular little hotel soaps, which is great for showers, but not for your hands, so I went to the front desk and requested some soap for the hands and they said they were out of soap.
We ordered a pizza (yo have to order the food from your room) and they said they would call when it was ready and they never called (or the phone was not working), so we had to wait probably one hour and then go get it ourselves.
The room was comfortable and big, but the air conditioning did not work properly. We set it to 62 and were still very warm the whole night.
Breakfast was free, which was nice. They had hot and cold items.
Like the other reviewer, I was contacted by Hyatt to answer a survey and write a review and they asked me if they could contact me, I answered yes, but they never did, even after I wrote a bad review.
This hotel does not deserve to be called Hyatt, not even Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I booked this hotel with fully prepaid. but when I arrived, the front desk told me no room available and sent me to another hotel. Hyatt place told me fully refund to me and I paid the other hotel by myself. When I go back, I found the money didn't go back to my credit card and call the hotel. The front desk always tell me the manager is not at the hotel and never reply the email.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Demi Z
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Was greeted by a friendly lady at the service desk. So far so good. Later I noticed short black curly hair in the shower. I let that go though. The thing that really upset me was seeing makeup and dried boogers on the blanket I layed on. Took the blanket downstairs to show the staff. Was told they were so sorry about the situation but they didn't even have a clean blanket to give me. Instead we were given sheets. I am extremely upset with the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014