Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport
$210
$134
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$139
$105
galahotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe shuttle driverdesk areayogurtfree shuttlesitting areasofa bedroom was largeone night stayan overnight staynice breakfastmile radiusfree breakfastshower headcomfortable roomsfront desk staffbusiness tripvery nice hotel
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt two nights ago, and my experience there was horrible. After finding out I was going to miss my connection, I booked a room through HotelTonight ( at around 9 p.m.), received a confirmation email from them and my credit card was charged. I landed in Houston and was transported to the Hyatt around 1 a.m. Upon my arrival, the woman at the front desk told me I did not have a reservation and that there were no rooms available. I showed her the confirmation email and she told me I had to wait and went around the back of the front desk (I assumed she was talking to the manager, but occasionally she would emerge and tend to other guests). About 10 minutes later,I found her again and asked if she was able to resolve the issue and she something like, "You have to just wait. I have a million things to do and I haven't even thought about it yet." She was extremely rude. Then, another couple came in, and she went right over to them and helped them with their reservation. After they were taken care of, she left again. When she came back, she checked an email account and found the reservation right there…She was typing on the computer and then said, "Let's just hope no one else shows up," as if this whole situation was my fault and I was causing her all the trouble (even though I had already paid for a room AND received a confirmation email). I began to apologize, said that I knew this was frustrating for both of us (to which she cut me off with "I'm not frustrated.") and she handed me a key without another word. Absolutely terrible customer service. I will never be using Hyatt again. The next day I called to speak with the manager on duty, because I wanted to tell him about the situation and potentially keep me from writing an online review. The receptionist took down my name and number and said he would call me. He never did.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Emma W
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This Hyatt is average by most Hyatt standards. The service at the front desk was decent but not outstanding. It is about a 15 minute drive from the airport. Although they offer a shuttle to and from the airport, you need to call them from the airport to get picked up.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Having stayed at Hyatt Place locations in other cities, I booked this location due to it being close to the Houston airport. We had a one night stay before flying out the next morning.

First, we had to call 3 times to get picked up from the airport by their shuttle, and it took 45 minutes. (Excuses: Not sure where the shuttle was; Are you sure you called us before?)

Upon arrival, I waited at the front desk to check in. After 5 minutes and 4 or 5 employees walking by and ignoring me, another wandered by and processed me. She wasn't rude, but definitely not welcoming.

The rooms are clean, bed comfortable, but missing the amenities that I have found in other Hyatt Places (nightlight, cups) and only one elevator was working.

Breakfast was good, but the hot food and coffee were not replenished when they ran out. We were there around 8 am and it just seemed no employee was paying much attention to the breakfast area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We visited this hotel for the weekend. The price we had paid per room was just average. Nothing too expensive, but it wasn't cheap either. The bedroom was a double room (2 double beds) and it also had a pull out sofa which wasn't used. It was very spacious room, comfortable Air Conditioning, however, the bathroom was a bit tiny. It had a mini fridge for our use. However, the hotel's location was away from anything centric. We stayed for the weekend and apparently things around this hotel close really early or just don't open at all during the weekend. We had to take a cap to go eat to a restaurant and paid $80 round trip for the ride. Thank goodness we split it among my friends and I. The breakfast at the hotel was decent. We had cereals, bagels, toast, coffee, juice, milk, yogurt, fruit and some warm egg muffin sandwiches, small pancakes or waffles. It was plenty for a quick FREE meal in the morning.
Back to the location: because of the horrible location of this hotel we weren't able to eat somewhere decent the night we arrived from the airport and had to grab some bad sandwich from the hotel's front desk for $11 bucks!
The service at the hotel was so so. The shuttle never made it to the airport and we took another shuttle from another hotel chain. The check in was a bit tedious and apparently the is no manager on duty. The same two guys were playing different roles: front desk reception/bartender/shuttle drivers. I know it must have been hard for them to do all of these, however, the service is affected. Also, the shuttle back to the airport runs only on the hour so make sure you talk to the front desk people to get the right shuttle information. We didn't know about this until almost too late. I might not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed two days, two different rooms.

Pros:
Great location (our flight landed at Bush at 10:30PM)
Safe area.
Short distance from parking to room entrance.
Free parking.
Free Wall Street Journal (important for me)
Great value!
Good breakfast including hot items.
Super friendly staff!

Cons:
Some minor updates needed in rooms
Breakfast area large but food area needs to be larger

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family