“Great Stay for a Family on a Budget”

Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport
Ranked #88 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus
“Great Stay for a Family on a Budget”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Hotel is located near the airport, breakfast is included, pool and workout facility is available and hotel provides shuttle service. It is not a 5 star but it is okay for a family on a budget. Room is also spacious. It is a suite, which has a couch with a pull out bed, desk, fridge wet bar and double beds if needed. Decent stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Very nice hotel. the staff were very customer responsive. The price is right. the only issue is that it is about eight miles or so from the airport. Good breakfast and very clean hotel. Rooms are nice and I felt like I was getting the Hyatt treatment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Aledo, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Honestly, I truly do not give reviews or do surveys, but this stay I have to give a review on so maybe it will cause Mgt to work on the problems. Now, I gave it an Average rating because the location, exterior and lobby area is wonderful. But, once you go upstairs, everything goes downhill. The halls are humid and muggy, which also caused a slight smell. The rooms need renovating badly. My room was extremely muggy and smelled upon entering. The 3 drawers under the vanity area where offset, would not close completely. The bottom of the bathroom door wood was chipping and cracked. The bathtub was dirty. Henceforth, why I always, no matter where I stay, carry Clorox spray. The bed was hard and made noise when you sat on it & and of course when you moved in the bed. The refridgerator was warm, plugged in. And what really did it for me, a big bug appeared. I couldn't believe it for $130 a night. I let the front desk know, they said the bugs are everywhere in Houston and hard to get rid of. I left and went to LaQuinta IAH about 5min from there and the Manager and staff where great. She reserved a room for me to check-in the next day. Went back to Hyatt, woke up the next morning to another BIG BUG on the floor, quickly packed and checked-out by 0930. Called LaQuinta, they informed me I could come check-in now. I finished my 3 night stay there. Very clean, comfortable bed, and was in a King Suite for a lot less money. AND, NO BUGS. Sorry Hyatt, but this was not a pleasant experience for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Onetrinity3
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel on Priceline for $50, so needless to say we were thrilled with the hotel. Even if it was full price, the enormous room, big TV, and elegant decor would make a future stay absolutely worth it. All staff were very friendly, and continental breakfast was excellent. Only complaint is that shuttles don't begin until 6am. Our flight was at 7:24am, and we decided to risk the shuttle. We made the flight, but barely! All around, we had a fantastic stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunwoody
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a memorial service. The greet staff was great but then after being in my room for a while not one but three roaches scurried across the floor. The carpet was old and dirty, the ice machine outside my door was very noisy. The hotel is not in the best part of the town. Breakfast was so so, nothing great. Upon checking out the clerk did not even ask how my stay was and did not even say thank you. Will not come back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank TeresaHDunwoody
San Antonio
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here last weekend. Rooms were nice and big which is true or all hyatt place hotels. No nearby neighborhoods which was good because this means no foot traffic in the parking lot. Only complaint was the pool was a bit dirty.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank scottmeu
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2012

While the neighborhood is not the best, its not the worse. I felt safe and parked our car directly under our window and had no problems. CHeck in was quick and efficent and so gracious. Breakfast was ok, nothing great, but it was free. We enjoyed sitting out by the pool for a few hours but the pool looked like it had not been cleaned in a while. Rooms are always clean at this hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the front parking lot and park where you can see your vehicle. We felt safe e...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Houston hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Hilton Houston North
#72 of 517 in Houston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Intercontinental Arpt
Staybridge Suites Houston IAH - Beltway 8

Been to Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport

Property: Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport
Address: 300 Ronan Park Place, Houston, TX 77060-3416 (Formerly Hyatt Place Bush Intercontinental Airport)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#18 Green Hotel in Houston
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport 3*
Newly remodeled, the Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport is located in North Houston, just a short drive from Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). Guests enjoy our free breakfast buffet, Wi-Fi, and self-parking as well as our outdoor pool, hotel bar and fitness center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hyatt Place Houston Bush Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/Iah Airport Hotel Houston