“Not a good experience.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #118 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Oakville, Canada
“Not a good experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Check in was average, nothing special even though I'm a Gold Member. Breakfast in the lounge was average with limited selection. The lounge attendant was very nice. I arrived back to my rood late at night to find that it had not been serviced by the housekeeping staff. It was too late in the day to report it because I wanted some sleep.

Overall, the room was clean and fresh and the airport transport was excellent.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Hkloban
Jane H, Manager at Houston Marriott North, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the extended feedback and correspondence you have provided to me. We utilize these details in an effort to allow us to better serve you and all of our guests. We also appreciate your commitment to return to the Houston Marriott North and look forwarding to having you back soon. Let us know when Houston makes it back on to your very busy schedule too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had a great room, with a wonderful view. The lobby was awesome, it has a great bar with plenty of flat screens TV's for watching sports. It also has a pool table and plenty or room to seat your friends and family. I recommend this location to anyone that wants a nice room. The room I had was perfect, and my better half enjoyed it too. He said, it was one of the nicest he has seen too.

Room Tip: the top floor rooms are wonderful, aand they have a great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nobe24
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Made my reservation for connecting rooms about a month in advance. Called at the two week point to confirm my single connecting to a double. On the day of my check in, I traveled from Lubbock to Dallas. I called to confrim my connecting rooms before I started my drive from Dallas. My connecting rooms were once again confrimed.

I arrived at the hotel and I was told I had a single connecting to a single. I told the manager I needed three beds and anything less would be unacceptable. My request was accommodated with upgrades.

The hotel was packed with some dance competition but this did not affect the staff. They put on smilles and ran arround resonpding to all those demanding mothers and girls.

The hotel lobby, restaurant, and rooms were very clean and bright. This hotel has excellent ligthing. They are not trying to hide anything. The carpet is clean in the hall ways and rooms. The walls are free from scuff marks and spider webs. The furnishings are brightly colored and free from stains. Bathrooms are clean; shower curtains, walls, and floor all look new.

The food and service at the restaurant were great. My kids are very picky and they commented "the food is soooooo good".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HoneyBunny2001
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed in hotel for one night and enjoyed the hotel and the staff. The hotel gets a bad rap about being in a bad part of town, but I didnt feel scared or threatened while there. The hotel room was a typical marriott and the restaurant downstairs had a pretty good breakfast buffet. Overall I would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Campbell, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great location (close to IAH, loop, etc.), staff was extremely welcoming and friendly, hotel well kept common areas and rooms. Parking was free, easy, convenient. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Houston for business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Burton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Me and my fiance enjoyed this hotel very much. The staff were very friendly, the hotel was well-kept and clean, and the room was more than we expected. I like the fact that the walls were thick, because the people in the other room had children and honestly we didn't hear a thing. The food at the diner was amazing and the bar was very inviting. Overall if you are looking for a hotel to get some relaxation and for a really good price, I would suggest this hotel. Will be visiting Houston a lot more this year and this is the only hotel I will be using!

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room! Sunlight coming in during the morning is best when you are high up!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ladontee J
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am a Hilton diamond member, but when I travel to Houston, I stay here. Great location to the IAH, and easy access to the loop. The construction on the service road slows you down, but access to 45 and the loop is quick. The staff is great, the rooms are updated and the the facility overall is very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business