“Top Notch”

Houston Marriott North
Ranked #132 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am a Hilton diamond member, but when I travel to Houston, I stay here. Great location to the IAH, and easy access to the loop. The construction on the service road slows you down, but access to 45 and the loop is quick. The staff is great, the rooms are updated and the the facility overall is very good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelnow39
There are newer reviews for Houston Marriott North

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Amazing staff!!! From the shuttle drivers to the front desk girls to the bar/restaurant servers and cook to housekeeping! Everyone is so friendly and extremely welcoming! Makes for a great stay!!! Very clean rooms which make a HUGE impact on me!!!! Special thanks to Edna, Adrianna and Angel (the front desk girls), Donna, Marilyn and Paul (bar/restaurant)
I am a flight attendant and we stay at many different hotels.....this is by far THE BEST!!! Thank you so much for treating us so well!!!! xoxo Yvette!!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Excellent stay. I am a flight crewmember with ExpressJet and stay at this facility whenever I can (this is my first choice where I stay when I am not with the company). I am always treated very well and the staff does an excellent job. A special thanks to Joe, Adriana, Edna, and Maryln who consistently go above and beyond their customer service duties everytime I stay. Extremely friendly and helpful, I highly recommend this facility to anybody who needs to stay in Houston short term near the airport.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, view is obviously better from higher floor (not much of a view though due to loc...
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have found this to be an excellent hotel. The service at the front desk, specifically Teresita, Nicole, and Adriana has been outstanding. If I have any needs, questions, or even desires they have always gone above and beyond the call of duty for me. I travel all over the country on business and Marriott is my choice of hotel. This one is one of my favorites.

The rooms are nice and standard for a Marriott hotel, the lounge is nice and service there is excellent for both breakfast and late afternoon snack.

The restaurant is a hidden gem. Donna, Kiesha, and Victor have always been friendly to me. I find this extremely refreshing especially after a hard day of work. (I am a sales person for a consulting company.) I can't remember the other wait staff names' however they are all friendly and many times I get a nice little hug. (Very welcome.)

I highly recommend........... I stay here almost 10 times per month now.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here recently as we were attending a wedding and this was the hotel of choice for the event. We are Marriott Rewards members and do stay at Marriotts all over the country. We will NEVER stay at this one again. From the moment we checked in to the moment we left, we never encountered a friendly staff member with the exception of the bartender. The front desk personnel needs either MUCH better training at customer service or be replaced. Frankly, I think replacement would be the better choice. I've never had such a lackluster welcome and each time we passed the front desk the young women were standing together talking with their backs to the lobby and never greeted us (or any other guest)! The rooms were average quality. However, the window tinting was done either by poorly craftsmen or with poor materials or both. It gave the hotel a very cheap impression and caused us to wonder about the rest of the property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jane H, Manager at Houston Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear rjflo2: Thank you for staying with us on your most recent trip to Houston and providing us with feedback on your encounters with our staff and services. I apologize our hotel did not meet your expectation level, as we strive to provide exceptional services with all our guests to include frequent Marriott Rewards guests. I can assure you I will share your comments with the appropriate departments and staff; and the next time you stay with us you will see a difference as customer service is our number one priority.
Jane Hudson

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Clean and updated room, friendly stuff. My son is interested in the huge pine cone in the front hall. With printer that can print out, very convenient. Swimming pool is outdoor, so cannot swim during cold weather.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I read most of the previous reviews and can honestly say the hotel staff is vastly improved from what the other travelers said. In actuality there was more rude guests than anything. On one occasion I was at the front desk to get an extra room for my mother in law that was connecting to my room and the clerk went out of her way to get me the room. As she was doing this a young man came up to the other clerk and said that he lost his room key and wanted another. The clerk asked for id and the fella was giving her attitude. The clerk finally gave him the room key. I wouldn't have. I'd have made the guy get some id or no room key. The food was very good and the restaurant service was very hospitable. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012