“Not bad for the price”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenspoint
Ranked #19 of 54 Houston B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Room was clean, breakfast consist of Oatmeal bars and coffee. Not much there did not see any fruit. Had to call them to get my room cleaned after a little over a week. I stayed there for three weeks. Bed was not comfortable for me. No pool or spa

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenspoint

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks while my husband was being treated at Mc Anderson. A little far out but was the best rate during rodeo time. The staff at the front desk were extremely accommodating. Had a little maintenance issue that was fixed right away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room was dirty - floor in the kitchen area has not been swept or washed for weeks probably with a visible layer of dust and lint, stove was dirty, fridge was not cleaned properly, bathtub was far from clean and the water was dripping. I actually worked in hotel business including housekeeping and here the cleaning standard is obviously pretty low.

The curtain in the closet was broken, hanging on the side; the armchair was completely asymmetrical (one angle of its back was much higher than the other); there was visible left over of old painting in the bathroom near the mirror.

The internet speed was so slow, the webpage would open after about 2 min wait, had to use our phones instead.

Kitchen is less than basic: no cooking knife (just a steak knife), no garbage disposal, no dish liquid, no sponge, no kitchen garbage bags.

No shampoo/conditioner in the bathroom, just a shamefully tiny round piece of soap which leaves scum on your hands.

The curtains fly up when you turn on the AC by the window, no central AC unit.

The area is not safe and you actually are reminded of that....

We stayed at Staybridge (May 2013) for $5 more per night in a safe location where it was impeccably clean and stacked with everything. This room was just a dirty cheap motel room with a stove and fridge which weren't even clean... Overpriced and overhyped. too bad staybridge decided to double their price lately...

The only thing that was great was the front desk clerks - Ashley and Joyce. Ashley is the best front desk person that we have ever dealt with - taking her time to actually welcome you in a very professional and friendly manner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenspoint, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The room cleanliness you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me at grn@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed at this Extended Stay location for the first time. Have also stayed at another Houston Extended Stay in Houston. This one is better. Newly remodeled, active management, decent fitness room, even a nice pool. Haven't tried their breakfast, I have my own food in my room with full size frig, 4 burner stove with oven, nice kitchen counters, plates, silverware, 1 pot and one covered skillet. Needs a roasting pan to use in the oven. Pool needs pool chairs. Convenient location to airport and Greenspoint area. I was here to attend a business conference held about 2 miles away. Lots of restaurants nearby. Rooms have good, new carpet, new sofa, easy chair, coffee table, business table with 2 chairs, good king sized bed. Good decent sized screen TV, 2 chest of drawers, good plumbing and shower fixtures in bathroom. Needs more hangers in closet. Bigger room than most hotel rooms. Can stay here for a day or a month or more, whatever you need. Can trade in towels for clean ones whenever you want. Room comes with 3 sets of towels plus a set of kitchen towels. Grounds well kept. Security guard at night. Plenty of free parking. Great access to Interstate 45, but rooms fairly quiet

Room Tip: Best rooms at end of building next to the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed May 11, 2013

GM Abraham Vargas researched the best rate and his staff Scott, Patsy, Ashley, George, Haydee & Annabelle provided service with a smile. They all saved me from the stress of getting a new job in the area! Though the fitness equipment needs an upgrade, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a decent and safe place to stay. Better yet, live here longer, get lower rates, & enjoy the amenities of a newly-renovated hotel (comfortable bed & full kitchen with pots/pans/utensils) Be pampered by all the staff; they all ensure you feel at home here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Lets face it you can stay at a thousand Hotels in a million rooms. Really they can all be pretty close to the same. BUT Its the Staff that make it worth staying there as you enter This Hotel you are greeted normally by your name. Patsy always has a smile and a warm greeting for you. She is the first to help if you have a problem and in a rare case she calls in Abarham The General Manager, your problem will be solved for sure. Then as you near your room you will see Annabel or Haydee Housekeepers, most likely the two best in the area. These ladies are great they clean your room beyond your expetations. The Night manager Scott stands ready if needed at night for any reason. I think Scotts middle name is Service. Checked me in 3months ago in the middle of the night and to date I am not leaving. A night never goes by when I arrive home that the Security Officer is patrolling the property, Guess what he knows my name and greets me with a smile. There are others that work here that make it work the way it does but a man does have to sleep sometimes. Can't say enough great things about the STAFF...
The Rooms are clean and comfortable serviced regularly, the grounds are kept perfectly and safe. The few problems I have had were handled in a few minutes with the utmost Professional Manner possible. Sure you might find a room that might equal this but there is no better Hotel Staff around anywhere. They make coming HOME worth the trip. Thanks Guys

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenspoint, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Stephen - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so excited that you found our location comfortable and clean. As well, it is great to know that the front desk staff provided you with such good service, especially Patsy, Scott, Jorge and Abraham. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. It would be our pleasure to see you again, and for you to repeat the experience with us in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My stay here has been very relaxing on my days off. A warm, safe place to stay. Never worried about the time of day or night coming and going from work or a night out at the Houston Symphony because there are guards here at night. The staff here including Ashley, Scott, Abraham, George, Patsy, Haydee and Annabelle have been very kind and welcoming. Examples include extra towels & any other needs at any time day or night, to pulling up maps for destinations I was interested in seeing while I have been here. I recommend this hotel especially to those who will be working here on a temporary assignment and need a home away from home including a full kitchen. It has been very nice to only have to do my personal shopping and laundry while here as ESA takes care of every thing else that needs cleaning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenspoint, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Christine - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. The team and myself are extremely pleased that you found our location comfortable and that the front desk service provided you with great service, especially Patsy, Ashley, Scott and Jorge. Also, that the housekeepers took such great care of you from the moment you arrived to the moment you left.

Thank you once again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us next year.