“A wonderful surprise”

Ranked #349 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Greenville, South Carolina
“A wonderful surprise”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel has been wonderful! I chose this hotel due to how cheap it was and was expecting just that, cheap. I couldn't have been more surprised. The room looked to be recently updated and renovated. There are modern pieces of furniture and marble counters and shower. It is by no means the Ritz but for the quality I would have gladly paid double. If you are staying in Houston give this Econo Lodge a serious look. Not saying that earlier reviewers were wrong but they were probably prior to the renovations. It is nothing but smiles for this weary business traveler

Room Tip: Ask for the recently renovated rooms. The hotel is still renovating.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I picked the place because the hotel was not too far out of town. After day 2 of the 4 day stay the bed bug bites were all over my body, they got worse and worse. I looked and felt horrible after that experience. I came down there to try and find a job, but by mid point of my longer stay in Houston I didn't want anyone to see my face. This was a poor experience and I would not recommend this for most anyone, especially women or little children.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Senatorsander
St. Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Has free wi fi, that sometimes wasn't working, or when I was using both my phone and computer. Clean, very quite (I think I was very loud when I was on the phone). TV, hairdryer, iron, refrigerator and microwave inside. Paid about $60 for 2 people a day, for a non-smoking room with two beds. It was ok, nothing special. I just didn't like at the beginning when we tried to book it (we called earlier), owners didn't understand us and seemed crabby. AC when turned on on fan mode, kinda smelled. But good for this price.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The old guy who is probably the owner is rudest guy possible. He walks with the room service lady from one room to another and checks inside the rooms even if a lady guest is alone in the room. Not sure what he is searching for but I had many guests complaining. Besides this the rooms are clean but our Refrigerator was not working, when we complained, we had to face the old man who told us to leave the hotel and 'disappear'.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Twilight zone Z
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Like they say, don't judge the book by its cover so please don't judge the hotels from their pictures.

I'm from Baton Rouge, La and due to work I am usually never off on the right times and this time I had 2 days off back to back n decided to go on a family trip with my fiancé, mom and dad... It was hard to find but that was no problem but when we went inside to check in, the front desk was rude and I had a Family Discount n he charged me $20 more upon checking in telling me that the family discount online was wrong n da printed paper in my hand was wrong and he was right.. So instead on paying $45 dollars I was charged $65. We walked in the room and we looked around and we were in the hotel APPROXIMATELY 20 minutes before we decided to walk out.. If was not even worth paying for,, usually people say ill pay this much for this hotel but I'd say for that hotel, I will not pay a penny.. I'd rather sleep in my car n be uncomfortable than to even go in their rooms.. That place was really ***RATCHET*** we had decided to stay in Houston until Sunday morning but the place was not worth staying in n we decided to go back home on the same night.. Thank you for wasting our time.. I work at Sleep Inn and I never ever experienced a room like that in my life.. Will never ever recommend anyone to ever stay at that hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed for one night. Not Bad. Good location, clean room with a fridge, a microwave, a TV, a hairdryer and an ironing board, but iron was missing. Toasts, jam, muffins, juice and brewed coffee for breakfast.

The guy on the reception looked not-so-friendly. The fridge was old and very noisy, so we had to switch it off to fall asleep. I could hear our neighbors watching TV, but not so loud. The bed seemed not-so-good for me, but I was spoiled by memory-foam mattress at home. What I really didn't like was the fire alarm. It switched on at night without any reason. We didn't manage to switch it off; fortunately, it switched off itself in a minute.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple