“It was quite okay”

Econo Lodge Brookhollow
Ranked #346 of 504 Hotels in Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Hard to find, hidden behind a Wendy's. Price was great! Check in and out were fine (except that the 1st room we went in had someone's clothes in a pile in the corner and cigarettes on the nightstand with a small baggie next to it). Immediately called front desk and was moved no problem. Room had lots of furniture, almost too much. Flatscreen worked fine but had no HBO (eventhough there's an HBO guide in the room). Air was great! Bed was a little stiff but manageable. There are a few restaurants in walking distance (try the Red Onion Cafe...it's good!). Bathroom is small but very clean with good water pressure (but the water drained slowly and you had to hold the handle to flush the toilet). Hair dryer, iron and board, microwave, fridge but no coffeemaker. Lots of cars in the parking lot at night but never heard a peep. Cheap, no frills or drama. Had everything we needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank djz032070
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Room 226-- Not horrible- had a hair dryer and ironing board and iron. Not a big deal to some people but it is to me! Unit was clean and tolerable for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tina H
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel was nice( considering the location) Checkin was a little slow. The gentleman that was working the desk didn't seem to be of age, was not dressed professionally. Even though it is an Econo Lodge- he should have a little more pride in his job. Being a hotel Manager myself, I was shocked. I don't expect much when I do travel,and I don't give staff memebers or Managers a hard time.
The room was ok- nothing to write home to anyone about. I think for the size of the hotel they could invest a little more money into it.... Overrall no real complaints.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ProfessionalGuy
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Our stay at Econolodge was comfortable, and we enjoyed the contental breakfast the following morning. The pool was nice as well. We would highly recommend this hotel near the Bradley Airport in Connecticut.

Room Tip: We booked 2 weeks in advance via Econolodge website.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank crista7usa
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

OK. I was on a business trip and missed my flight out of Houston so I needed a quick, inexpensive place to stay in a decent area.
I went online and found the Econolodge in Houston for about 45 dollars a night...including tax. I booked online because the price they quoted when I called was a bit higher.
The motel is a little tricky to find because it's on a small side street and if you miss the turn you have to go around and come back.
When I got to the motel I checking in and unloaded my gear.
Ask for a ground floor if you have lots of luggage. No elevator
The front desk was friendly.
I went out for dinner and found a lot of nice restaurants within a miles distance.
The room...sparce but neat, clean and adequate. The bathroom was clean and looked recently remodled.
Good fast internet...included
There were lots of other guest staying there so looks like I made the right choice. Plenty of free parking
The breakfast in the morning was juice, coffee, choice of 2 cereals and milk, and packaged breakfast rolls. Nothing fancy but I wasn't expecting a lot for under 50 dollars a night.
I could have stayed in a place for twice as much and got a nicer breakfast and a morning newspaper....but for the 50 bucks I saved at the Econolodge, I went out for a really nice dinner and had money to spare.
I'd stay there again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank egeefay
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2009

I stayed at the Econolodge for a couple of nights while on a tour of Southern Texas and needed a budget priced place close to the freeway network ,but out of town a little to avoid Houston's central congestion.
For £37 per night I had a large non-smoking room with a king size bed, fridge, microwave, large tv and table and chairs. An iron and board was also provided.
The hotel is a basic no frills place but clean and tidy and a complimentary snack breakfast and coffee was available in the reception lobby.
On arrival at check in the clerk checked me in ok but was rather surly and uncommunicative and I never saw any other member of staff on the property until I checked out although room service was fine both days.
The directions to the property were slightly misleading though and I ended up at the back of the motel in a dead end street with a couple of barking dogs for company. However the dog owner was a friendly guy who directed me back around to the motel which is situated on a one way street alongside the overhead freeway.
A tip for any one staying here is to drive into Wendys burger drive-in car park and exit at the back, onto the motel property.
The only other quirky thing was the tv glowed in a purple hue for about twenty minutes when first switched on.
Overall the place met my needs for a couple of nights, but I wouldn't take an extended stay there.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo