Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #231 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This meets the requirements of a comfortable, clean, quiet place to sleep near the airport - if thats what you want you shouldn't have any problems. More than that it depends on what you want. No restaurant on site for example. But in the immediate vicinity there is Subway or equivalent so you won't starve (unlike some places I've been where I had to subsist on vending machine crackers) and I'd think there are restaurants in nearby full-service hotels.

It has all the usual amenities and a fair breakfast with waffles being the only hot food item. Wasn't flying so didn't get a chance to see how airport transport works. I seem to recall from previous experience tho the adjacent Clarion may have the better park/fly deal for Choice Elite members.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 17, 2009

First off I am an elite diamond member with choice hotels. I get many perks just for the title alone so I typically stay with Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Clarion Inn, etc... I've stayed at fantastic bargains and some real stinkers but this hotel is somewhere in the middle of those two extremes. I reserved one of the King whirlpool suites on the 1st floor. It was a large room but the whirlpool takes up almost 1/3 of the room. There is no separation of the whirlpool area from the bedroom area and the two are about 6 feet apart from each other?!?! The room did have a tinge of smoke in the air but that could be due to the overworked air conditioner. The bed was big and soft but the TV was a 27" regular TV. One big plus was that I did not hear the airport noise one time during the night. True, I had the air conditioner on all night because it was 102 during the day but the surrounding environment could have been much noisier - but wasn't. The carpets did look like they could use a shampooing but overall it seemed clean in the room. The breakfast was skimpy and not worthy of a typical Comfort Inn Suites hotel. It was not a deluxe breakfast as advertised. Their fitness center consisted of two treadmill type of devices in a small air conditioned room. The staff members were very accomodating and worth staying just for their helpful attitude.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I had a problem with customer service at this location. People who want to find a hotel simply as a place to stay before flying out of IAH should look elsewhere. I made a phone reservation at $99, but when I said I needed to park my car there for the week (durning my travels) she said that they could only offer me "free" parking for $119/night. I mentioned that it wasn't free parking and she reduced the rate to $109. So far, so good.

When I checked in, they had the reservation entered for the wrong night. Strike 1. I came back from getting some food and happened to ask about the procedure for parking during the week. Had I not investigated myself, I would have parked "illegally" for the week. They also tried to charge me again until I explained myself. Strike 2. Finally, I had a 5:45 AM flight and asked for a wake-up call at 3:45 AM. Never got it. Strike 3.

Final notes: There are no restaurants in this area. You might want to stay at a facility that has an in-house eatery. Also, I used Yellow Cab [--] w/ 4:30 AM pick-up and was very happy with it. The driver called me 10 mins before he arrived with his ETA and cab number.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2009

After travelling for 20 hours we were glad to stay in a hotel close to the airport. Comfort Suites can be reached in only a few minutes from the car rental station. The rooms were large and comfortable. Check-in was really fast and breakfast was also good - there was quite a variety of foods to pick from and everything looked well maintained. There are even a few restaurants in walking distance. We'd certainly stay there again when flying into Houston an looking for a place to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2009

The hotel was in need of a remodel. The mattress was sunken on the sides. The carpet was worn out. The hotel has bad breath.

The sheets on the bed were wrinkled up like they had not been changed from the last guest. The stuffing in the pillows has kind of petrified. The hotel in general does not look very clean. There is also a musty, stale smoke type of odor at this hotel.

The one good thing was a super fast internet connection. It was blazing fast! Also, come to think of it, the room was very large, but the bath was tiny.

My advice is to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2009

The room was spacious but it smells like someone smoked on a non-smoking room. The house keeper went and sprayed the floors to cover up the smell but it still smell. There was no water pressure in the shower, the bed is ok but seems like the pillow case was not change. My overall take on the room doesn't feel clean. I will not stay in this place again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2009

I stayed here the night before flying out of Houston. It had everything I wanted, including good Internet, refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, and airport transportation. There was a good hot and cold breakfast in the morning. They provided an ethernet cable for wired connection in addition to wireless. The room was clean and comfortable. The price was decent. I had no complaints.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)