“The staff make this Hotel”

Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #240 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Good, solid hotel with clean rooms, all the standard amenities (coffee maker, etc), plus a fridge and microwave, free internet, and a business center, which are very nice extras that a lot of other hotels at this level don't provide. What truly makes this hotel stand out, though, is the staff. I've been a frequent guest and I've always been very impressed with the folks that work here, from the van drivers to the front desk (hey, Marie!) to the ladies that make sure your room is clean and ready. There are plenty of choices in the area, but I've always come back here because of the service! Thanks for taking such great care of me on way too many occasions! P.J. from CO

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PJ D

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We were between flights and just needed overnight accomodation. The Comfort Suites Hotel is perfect for that kind of situation. It is located within walking distance of several take-out restaurants. The shuttle service is free and reliable. They provide a free breakfast, available after 7AM. Internet is free. Our room was very comfortable. I booked this on booking.com for $69, so no complaints whatsoever!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the busy highway.
1  Thank CenterMtraveler
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The staff was friendly & efficient, the room nice and clean with a very comfortable bed and large flat screen T.V. The hot breakfast was good. The location is convenient to the airport and the shuttle service very reliable. Overall, a pleasant place and I would stay there again on a trip to Houston.

1  Thank MarkB357
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I always stay here the night before flying out of Houston. I call the Comfort Suites, "my home away from home". The rooms are huge and always clean. This hotel provides a microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, free internet, and a flat screen tv in every room. They even have a business center with a computer and printer. I enjoy the complimentary breakfast. I am offered a variety of hot and cold breakfast choices. A gym/workout room is also on site.
The Staff has always been friendly and very professional. I wish other hotels had such nice employees. The Van service is very dependable. The Drivers are courteous and I have never been late to the airport. The Van is there on schedule. I will continue to stay at the Comfort Suites and I will recommend this Hotel to everyone. Cyn S. New Orleans, La.
Thanks again for the fine service and hospitality from the Comfort Suites family.

1  Thank Cyn S
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed at this Comfort Suites many times and have always been completely satisfied. The rooms are very comfortable and clean , with all the amenities a traveler could want. Free internet, coffe maker, microwave, and refrigerator. A great flat screen tv with all kinds of chanels. And a very nice complimentary breakfast as well.
The staff is always very friendly and welcoming, as well as the hotel van drivers. Transportation to and from the hotel is very dependable, which is important to me.
I would recommend Comfort Suites to everyone.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room, so I don't have any tips for getting a good room. They're all...
2  Thank Pam E
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed in the hotel this passed weekend. The room was great, very clean, and with a great space. Employee are great, and the breakfast was good. Also the shuttle was on time in the morning and in the afternoon. The location is very convenient to the airport.

Room Tip: The best in the house is 117, it has a jacuzzi!!
1  Thank Enrique H
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I will start at the beginning. We arrived at IAH, went through customs, got our luggage and were standing at the hotel shuttle pick-up sign before we called the hotel for pick-up. They said no problem, someone would be right there to pick us up. After waiting 35 minutes without being picked up, my husband called the hotel again. The girl that answered the phone said that the shuttle driver came by and we weren't there. He told her that we were standing right next to the sign for hotel shuttle pick-up and no shuttle had ever gone by for their hotel. All of a sudden, mid-sentence, the phone went dead. Ten minutes later, we were still at the hotel shuttle pick-up sign discussing what we were going to do, when the shutle driver showed up. He never spoke a single word to us when he arrived or during the drive to the hotel. Not sorry I didn't see you or hello or anything. When we arrived at the hotel, my husband asked the girl at the desk why she hung up on him. At first, she didn't acknowledge even talking to him. When he asked her a second time, she said that she had put him on hold. She had not put him on hold. He was mid-sentence and she never said anything about being put on hold. At that time, I inquired about the shuttle in the morning because we had a 9A.M. flight. She said that the shuttle started at 5A.M. and went every 1/2 hour throughout the day so we didn't need a reservation. The hotel smelled like it hadn't been vacuumed in months. The appearance was O.K. but the carpeted hallways and the room itself smelled. In the morning,the breakfast was available early and the shuttle was on schedule. The different shuttle driver was quite pleasant. We did receive a 10% discount but that was because both phones in our room were not working. We will be staying near IAH again next month and I am so glad that I waited until after this stay to make the second reservation. Needless to say, it will be at another hotel.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else where they actually appreciate your business.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston_TXManager, Manager at Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear PaulWestSac,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback. We apologize for the experience you had with the shuttle service. We have re-trained both the driver and the front desk on the issues that you had at our property. Furthermore, if you ever have any problems at our hotel, please let the front desk know that you would like to contact me, Terry, on her cell phone. I will be happy to talk to you at anytime. Thank you for your review and if you are ever in Houston again, please consider us to be home away from home.