“Comfortable, clean, and friendly staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North
Ranked #311 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Michigan
“Comfortable, clean, and friendly staff”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was on a business trip to Houston and needed a room, near the airport, at the last minute. I wasn't looking for surprises or frills -- just a clean, quiet, comfortable place for the night, in a good location and with the usual business amenities. And that's what I got.

The room was very clean and I had no noise problems, even though it's right on the highway. Internet was fast. Climate control was good -- i had no problems settling at a comfortable temperature. The pool looked nice, though I didn't use it. The exercise room was small but perfectly adequate for my purposes. The breakfast was what you typically get at these chains, with hot and cold options. The omelettes looked prefab and I didn't try them, but the fruit was nice.

This area along I-45 is full of hotels and big chain restaurants. Not much for charm -- unless you like highways -- but it's strategically located for the airport and northern suburbs. And the drive to the city doesn't take too long, although that obviously depends on traffic.

If I wanted to be picky, I'd say that the fan on the bathroom is pretty loud. But it really didn't bother me.

And high marks to the service. Front desk and housekeeping were friendly and helpful, above and beyond the usual.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is right off I-45 at the intersection with FM1960. There is a Krogers in walking distance, as well as a shopping mall. Check in was the fastest experienced in a long time, very efficient. The room was attractively furnished, lobby has a fresh appearance, breakfast area was clean, and buffet breakfast was good. Windows in room can be opened, but there is road noise from I45 even when shut. Not too bothersome if tired though. Ample parking. Yes, would stay here again.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to have road noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank usuallyhappytravels
HoustonI-45FFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel! We value all of our guests' input and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope you will visit the Houston I-45 Fairfield Inn & Suites again next time you find yourself in the area.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I booked a room because of free shuttle, when arrived to Houston I called them and said I must take a taxi. ( USD 19 ) As was almost midnight, I asked by the phone if a room service or some food was available at the hotel on where they said yes, but...when arrived nothing was available, just snacks but not food at all. The recepcionist was the most rude staff i have ever met. I asked for the manager and the answer was he was not at the property. I took my bags and went out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JMPJMP
HoustonI-45FFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Our Response:

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected. I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and these issues are being addressed. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Houston I-45N Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott again next time you find yourself in the area.

Sincerely
Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had an unexpected stop in Houston during a trip south and ended up at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. The facility was fairly clean and it had modern furnishings. I appreciated the access to a private computer room and the breakfast bar that was available in the morning. The airport pick-up and drop-off was wonderful! The only thing that was inconvenient was that it did not have a restaurant - we had to walk along a busy road to get to a place to eat. It's not a bad place to stay for one night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth,Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights while going to a concert in July. Check-in was quick and easy, Rooms were typical rooms you would find in the budget marriott properties. Room was clean and up to standards, everything worked fine and the bed was comfy. The pool was actually closed for repairs when we were there but the front desk called to the next door hotel and they allowed us to use their pool, that was nice. The girl working the midnight shift was very rude, we went to get some soap and shampoo and she seemed really upset that we were bothering her....oh well....Overall its good for a couple nights to lay your head....

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Nothing.....
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
TharaldsonCorporate, Hotel Management Company at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston I-45 North, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
Thank you for the feedback on our hotel. We value all feedback from our guests and use it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests.

I would like to inform you that we recently converted this hotel to a Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott. This process included many renovations to all areas of our hotel. It is our hope that with these improvements, you will look to us again when booking a room in Houston.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Very comfortable beds and pillows. Something sticky on the carpeting. Hotel appeared dirty. Front desk had to go upstairs to check on the room before it could be rented. Very disorganized front desk.

Stayed July 2006
Itasca, Texas
Reviewed April 12, 2006

I travel all the time. This was one of the most disgusting hotels that I have seen in a long time. Toilet backed up and they actually told me to come down and get the plunger! The floors were filthy and strange hairs (not mine) all over counter in bathroom. Inch of dust on telephone and other furniture. Finally, it got so bad I checked out and went next door to the Hampton Inn, world of difference. If you have to stay in area, spend the extra few bucks and stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business