Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$90
TributePortfolio
$138
$117
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Due to a delayed flight, United gave me a free night in this so called hotel. I did not fell safe sleeping in this hotel. the pictures they show are not from this hotel, none of them are. My room did not have any pictures hanging on the walls only the holes from where they used to be. Exposed wires under the AC unit, only one outlet in the bedroom, blood and other stains on the sheets, no WiFi, could not lock the door, could not shut off the entry way light so light coming in bedroom all night, no door to the bedroom, very only CRT TV with a remote the was very sticky, dust and dirt along the floor boards. ETC... This hotel should be demolished and start again. Due to the misc stains on the sheets I slept for only for about 2 hours until I got so discussed that I took a shower and went back to the airport.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff C
Joseph K, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Guest, first thank you for providing us with your hotel experience. We are very sorry your stay was not what you expected. It is our obligation to make sure our customers are satisfied. I'm not sure what happened that night. Any problems that you encountered should have been handled if it was told to our staff. We have retrained our employees and stressed the the importance of customer service, housekeeping, and making sure guest concerns are resolved. We hope we can service you again in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My family and I moved back to Houston and needed to stay in an extended stay until our house was ready. First, the price was nothing like it states on the sign out front. Second, the front desk employees are not very welcoming at all. When we finally got the room, it was filthy, adult diaper in the trash can in the bathroom, nasty napkins under the pillows if one bed, those sheets wee also filthy and there were roaches everywhere. They moved us to another room and finally got all or stuff up to this room around 10:45. This room was as bad as the first room, I think a bit worst. Within 15 minutes we were calling down to the front desk to see if there was an actual clean room and the lady was extremely rude saying they only allow one room change. When we asked for her to send someone to change the sheets on the bed, she said we could come down and get the sheets to change them. I told her we were going to leave and I wanted or money back. Mind you, we were in this room for 15 minutes trying to get the situation fixed, she tells me that she was going to have to charge us for one night since we went onto the room but we had to leave as soon as she gave us our money. Out of the $319 we gave her, we left with $245 and ended up having to asleep in our suburban. Very disgusting room and staff. Run away from this place as fast as you can. Next door is inn town suites if you need an extended stay which is actually a decent place to spend your hard earned money. There are other places in Houston near the airport that are extended stay, just research them. Never again.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

There is a receptionist he is extremely rude with no maners making you feel he is doing you a favor to rent you a room
It was late so I didnt have no other place to go
The place is not that dirty
But just for the guy from reception I will never go back
If I pay for something I expect a decent treat

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was on a 2 week long baseball trip with my high school and our original flight on United Airlines was cancelled. They decided to give us the least desirable hotel/ motel that they could possibly think of. First off, my team ended up getting to the hotel at around 3:30 am, so everybody was exhausted. When our coach got up to the front desk, the person behind the desk helping us was very inefficient and took almost 20 minutes to get us checked in holding us up along with all of our other fellow travelers on our flight. Once we finally got checked in and assigned our rooms, we found that the outside hallways to the rooms were no less dangerous looking and roughed up than the surrounding area. Once finally in our room, me and my roommate were both instantaneously taken back on the condition of the room. The so called kitchen had 1 singular drawer that was still in usable condition that hadn't look like it had been beat in, we noticed that it was unusually cold in the room so we decided to go try and find the heater. We immediately saw the cause of the peculiar temperature which was due to the fact that there was only a shattered half of a window remaining in the frame. Where the other broken part was is still a mystery. Then I went to the bathroom to do my personal duties, only to find a black sludgy tar all over the bathtub. If you think that it can only get better from here, you would be mistaking. When I go to lift up my covers to finally get some shut eye before our 5:30 am wale up time (keep in mind it's still 3:30am) I am to find blood spatter and smear on a good portion of the mattress and box spring. Needless to say, me and my room mate decided to sleep on the floor for the solid 45 minutes of sleep that we got that night. I thought we maybe just got the bad room in the hotel, but as our team was talking collectively on the plain, I heard reports of bugs in the pillows and inside the beds, almost everybody on the team had reports of bloodstains somewhere in the room, one person even found a bunch of hair randomly on the kitchen counter. All in all, if you ever are in the situation that you have to stay at this hotel, either just sleep at the airport or pay some money for an upgraded hotel. I was only at this place for a timespan of 3 hours maximum and I was ready to get the hell out of dodge

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Chester420
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place was horrible! From the shuttle driver who was wearing pajamas, grumpy as hell, muttering under her breath, stinking like smoke and cussing out whoever her crazy little mind was thinking about, to the rude reception clerk from the beginning I was regretting my reservation. After I was given my key I was told I had to sign up for a shuttle that was either an hour earlier or 30 minutes later than what I needed because the others were "full". So I signed up for the hour earlier one and went up to my room. Oh my god... the smell in the hallway was sickening. The floors were disgusting, there were empty alcohol bottles lined up in the hallway and I have never been more afraid being alone in a hotel before. The room was filthy. The heater didn't work and it was a very cold night. I stayed fully clothed and went to bed but couldn't get much sleep because it was so cold but I refused to use the "comforter" on the bed it was so gross. The bathroom was so dirty that I literally was too grossed out to even get undressed and take a shower. My alarm went off the next morning and as I was getting ready I received a call that said the shuttle I had reserved (remember the one an hour earlier than I had already wanted) was booked up and now had become a first come first serve so I better get my butt down to the lobby if I wanted to get a ride. I was LIVID! So thankfully, I was too grossed out to take a shower anyway, I hurried and packed and headed downstairs. As I waited for the shuttle I went to get a cup of coffee and they had one little tiny coffee pot with about one cup of coffee left in it and it and as desperate as I was I poured myself a cup and then proceeded to toss it in the trash after my first sip. It was the worst hotel experience I have ever had!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends