“2.5 Star Hotel, 5 star service”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes
Ranked #414 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 21, 2013

As a 5 star first class traveler, I was disappointed with United's pick on hotels. The hotel is not as bad as it seems and at least the beds felt clean and comfortable.

The wifi doesn't work. The free breakfast is horrible. The ladies at the front desk is a 5 star rating. After a long situation, Adela and Linda went out of there way to help us out. The 2 Ladies were very accommodating and even made a few calls for us (she can see that we were very tired). 2 Stars for the hotel, 5 stars for the ladies!

You can never truly tell how good the service is until a bad situation arises. Thanks Adela and Linda for going up and beyond.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the rooms that you have to enter from the outside. Lots of noise and smokers in t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Joseph K, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank You for youe recent feedback we love to hear back from our guest we are working in the process of upgrading our breakfast to a hot not continental breakfast we take all our feedback very seriosly

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here recently due to a flight delay/missing our connecting flight through Houston. United provided vouchers to stay here. There is not much positive to say about the place itself: it is old, dirty, sketchy, and located in a bad neighborhood. The place just makes you feel gross and United should be ashamed to direct their customers to stay at this inn. The only positive to say about the place is the staff: they do try their best, and they are certainly as helpful as they can be - they attempt to make a bad situation a little bit better, and they should be complimented for that. However, I would encourage an United senior executive to stay at this establishment so they can see firsthand where they are sending their customers - HORRIBLE!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

First we would like to thank for staying at our hotel. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced at our hotel. We check our rooms thoroughly and daily by three hotel officials. We do take your comments very seriously and we are looking into the situation. We hope that the next time you are in the Houston, we can make this up to you and show you the quality we are known for. Please accept a 15% discount on your next stay.

Management

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Recent flight cancellation by KLM resulted in voucher to this hotel.
The van driver tried to give us all a positive attitude as all the KLM passengers had waited 3 hours for the vouchers to hotels near the airport.
The van to the hotel was in sad shape, but check-in was quick and the receptionist had a great attitude even though we were all tired and grouchy.
KLM directed us to be back at the airport the next morning at 9 am.
They weren't set up for all to go to the airport at the same time (van couldn't hold all the passengers and luggage.) but did the best they could and added another trip.
The bathrooms and linens were clean, the bed was adequate, but the sofa was stained and worn. The southwest wall borders were from 1980's. It was better than sleeping at the airport, however.
No restaurant was on site, but they directed us to a few take out menus, pizza and chinese delivery that accepted our KLM vouchers.
They did have some food out for breakfast the next morning, but the hotel wasn't up to the same standards at holiday inn express and the competition.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph K, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

first of all i will like to apologize about any inconvinience you expirence in the Hotel we know its a difficult sitiation to have and have a cancelled flight we strive to give all our guest a great expirence and will love to have the chance to give ou a 15% off your next stay here with us we are in the process of making many improvements to stay updated.

Joseph K

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here after United cancelled my flight. The reception people were ok, not hotel friendly (as it should be), but not rude/bad. The shuttle driver was so sweet, kind, and friendly. I was sick and tired and this individual made my day! He was chatty, but not an annoying type of chatty just awesome! He was careful about making sure he picked everyone up from the airport. What a nice guy! I don't remember his name, but he said he lived there in the hotel.

The room was clean enough. Towels were not good. Their bathroom mats are the kind that are not washed/replaced and that's just gross. My bed was not super comfy, but not horrid. As far as cleanliness goes, not bad...at least in my room. My friends, who also stayed there due to our flight cancellation, said their bed sheets had a blood stain on them.

An odd thing happened, some random dude walked into my room...with his key! He was surprised and apologized. Apparently, they assigned keys to the same room to different people. Not cool!

If I am not mistaken, the rooms at this hotel run around $140 a night...I would have been upset had I been the one that had to pay that. United paid and I was only there for a night so whatever. If I were booking on my own accord, I would not have stayed here based on the TripAdvisor reviews.

Would I stay here again?...if my flight was cancelled and this is what they gave me, yes.

p.s. Every hotel should have a shuttle driver like the one this hotel has!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Joseph K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

First of all i will like to apologize about any inconvinience you expirence in the Hotel we know its a difficult situation to have a cancelled flight we strive to give all our guest a great expirence and will love to have the chance to give you a 15% off your next stay here with us we are in the process of making many improvements to stay updated.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is absolutely disgusting. Dirty, smelly, and rude staff. Please do not go there for your own sake. Was sent there by United Airlines after a delayed flight. United should be ashamed to send people tom a place like this. IO would rather have slept on the floor of the terminal which would certainly have been cleaner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Fist of all i will like to apologize about the unpleasent stay you had we take all our customer complaints very seriously we are in the process of renovating our rooms and are sorry if they are not up to your standards we make sure our front desk staff is friendly and always in a professional manner we will like to offer you a 15% off your next visit and make up for any inconvinience you had.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I usually dont write reviews unless there is an exceptional circumstance. My recent stay at this place has forced me to comment. If I can at least persuade 1 traveler from going elsewhere instead of AMBVI, i think i have done someone some good.
While I have no gripes with the staff (and they were actually helpful and friendly) this property should probably be condemned. I seriously think that if the proper authorities were called this place would no way pass inspection on various fronts.
I stayed Nov 2012. I had a delayed United flight and missed my connection out of IAH and as such their compensation/voucher took us to this hotel.
Sadly if you take a quick look at other comments its obvious that this property has serious problems. Looks like the token response from the manager will be the same to this one as well. I am waiting on it. I might take it upon myself to make a few calls and see where else I can complain about this property....so that something is actually done and fixed. As it stands it really is unacceptable. The cosmetic things are one thing but there are other issued that are just plain dangerous and like I mentioned not up to minimum standards.
First the cosmetic stuff people have already mentioned I found true also:
Smelly room, Stained carpet & walls, broken furniture, stained couches, holes in walls, bugs crawling around, rust in piping in bathroom including showerhead, lots of mold/corrosion in bathtub and sink drain.
but more important and problematic were some issues I consider basic safety issues:
Both windows in my room wouldn't lock (glad I was on 4th floor)
There was also faulty electrical wiring sticking out all over the place including both air units in my room. The elevator felt and looked like a well worn service elevator. Didn´t feel safe.
Now this might be "par" for the area but notice the comments of others seeing and hearing about drug dealings going on around property and it really makes you wonder.
Bottom line, dont stay here, Its not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank eltigreuno
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
We do apologize about your experience in Houston at our hotel. Our primary responsibility is customer satisfaction. Our hotel is a three star hotel, and we make sure our guest are safe and protected. We offer 24 hours security for safety of our guest as well. We thank you for taking time out to comment. We take comments very serious, and we will address all issues. Hopefully, if you are in the area you will give us the pleasure to serve you again.

Warmest Regards,
Management

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel charged me a few bucks more than the booked online price
Roaches, roaches roaches and a little lizard on corner wall in room
Van driver/front desk guy, Jerry, was very professional & nice
Hotel charges $1.00 for a photocopy
Scary scary neighborhood area (it is October!!)
1st room had 2 hangers. I had to change rooms (small lizard), 2nd room 1 hanger
Was in town for 1 short night (thank goodness!)
CHEAP HOTEL. You get what you pay for.... Will NEVER stay there again....

• Stayed: October 2012
Joseph K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

We would like to say thank you for taking the time out to comment on us. We highly value the comments that our guest leave. We also would like to say that we are very sorry for any inconvenience you may have endured while staying at our hotel. I am not sure why you were charged higher than your online booking unless there were more than the maximum amount of people allotted for that room. The front desk also could get you more hangers if the ones provided were not enough. We hope next time you are in our area you will give us a chance to provide you with the first class service we are known for.