Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes
Ranked #402 of 504 Hotels in Houston
“RUDE”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place is race specific.the rooms have issues..towel rack falling off wall,ac leaking inside room causing floor to soak and stink,pull out couch a complete waste,never have any extra blankets,not willing to help certain races,rude front desk people, ridicoulos prices considering the look and nature of this place.drugs are traded in parking lot. Laundry machines never work and the front desk never has change to give u to do laundry. DONT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Joseph K, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,
First we would like to say thank you for taking time out of your schedule to comment. We do apologize for any discomfort you might have experienced during your stay at our hotel. We take our customer service very seriously, but we have no record of this being reported. If anything in your room was not working we would not have any problem replacing the item or moving you to another room. For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a 10% discount on your next visit.

on your next visit.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Las Tablas, Panama
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I was on my flight from Panama to Boston and we had to cruise through the west coast of Central America and Mexico to land at Houston due to a tropical storm, that was ok, but delayed us for 1 hour and made us miss our flight from Houston to Boston. The airline says they are not responsable for delays on weather or air traffic control, they could just help out with a 50% discount on a local hotel. I paid $65.00 to stay overnight and get on my way to boston at 5:50 am. There wasn't anybody in this hotel, I think 2 more rooms were occupied, it smelled funny and it wasn't very higienic. I think this hotel is highly overpriced because with 50% off it's still $65.00 This should be your last option if you get stuck in Houston.

• Stayed September 2012
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We do apologize that your experience in Houston was missing your flight. The airport gives out vouchers that helps assist customers with the cost. Our hotel is a three star hotel, and the price that you paid was below our normal rates. We believe in giving our customer a great stay for a good value. Again we're sorry for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here courtesy of United Airlines, who put us here due to flight delays. We arrived at the ground transportation center at Bush Airport at about 11:00 pm. An Americas Best van was full and just leaving. The driver assured us he would drop off his passengers and return for us. At almost 12:00 am, as we were standing, holding our sleeping children, another hotel's van driver had pity on us and drove us to Americas Best Value Inn, where we found their van parked and dark. Apparently, we were not important enough to return for.

Then, the comedy began. The first room we were given was already occupied, and we were horrified to walk into a room in the middle of the night and find someone already sleeping in it. The second key we received was for a room with a door that would not close. The third key was for a room with a door that would not open. Finally, the fourth key opened a room in which we stayed. The ceiling had water stains and a hole in it. The shower was dirty. The air did work, thank goodness. The pool definitely looked as if it had seen better days. There was a breakfast of smooshed apples and bananas, and waffles, coffee, cereal, and juice. The front desk people seemed nice, though overwhelmed by guests who had skipped out without paying, and they didn't seem to be too happy to have to deal with this and broken stuff in different rooms. The hotel looked nice from the outside, but it is not one I would recommend, unless it is free!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank teachcolorado
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. We highly believe in customer satisfaction at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Who would have guessed the 40 minute wait for the shuttle would be the best part of the stay. Like many reviewers I stayed as a result of a voucher on a cancellation. The nice but incompetent staff are clueless. The stains, the stink, the bugs, the creepiness. I would call it a welfare hotel but that would be an insult to Welfare Hotels! I feared to sleep (and didn't), and feared to come home without fumigation. To his credit, the GM replies to these, but alas he is deaf and blind, most certainly no sense of smell. Sir these are not problems your staff can fix. It is a problem only city condemnation can fix or arson. I plan to contact United about eliminating this dump from their voucher program.

Room Tip: Choose the room in one of the other hotels
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would first like to thank you for taking the time out to give us feedback on your experience at our hotel. I am sorry your stay was not what you expected it to be.

We take responses very serious and want to make sure they are addressed. We apologize for the shuttle taking a little longer than normal, but due to the weather, it was some delay in getting there. We have also looked into your complaints, and made changes.

Again, we are very sorry for your experience, and we hope that if you visit Houston again you will consider staying with us.
Ashland City, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2012

No TV remote? Seriously? Peeling wallpaper in rooms and hallways. 30 year old alarm clocks. Apparently has an ant infestation. They advertise a $49.99 room rate, every night outside. The front desk isn't aware of that. Asked for CDL discount, twice, didn't get one. I was advised online that it's supposed to be 12% off. When was the last time they used that white popcorn stuff on ceilings? This place still has it, albeit it's been painted, though not very well. Room 212 had a jerry-rigged thermostat on the a/c unit. We checked in at 9:pm and the room was hotter than the hallway AND the outside temp. The ONE vending machine this place has, which is in the lobby, is out of order. Ancient furnishings and ugliest colorings in a room that I've ever seen. Made the place feel dark and cramped. They only have hot and hotter water out of the spigots. And by all means, skip the complimentary breakfast! Warm milk and cold coffee, DIY waffles, DIY toast, and stale cereal. The front desk couldn't even break a $20, so that I could use their laundry facilities!

Room Tip: choose a different hotel. I don't know if these problems are systemic of the chain or not.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Joseph K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
First off all i will like to apologize about the problems you encountered in your stay we strive to give our our guest the best expirence possible we are under new management and are in the process of renovating our rooms making sure everything is up to part cleanliness is our main concern as well as customer service we have fresh breakfast every morning the rates online are always going to be different than a walk in since you are booking trough a third party we will like to offer you a 15% discount off your next visit and show kyou our many improvements.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was dumped here by an airline on a voucher after a night flight cancellation at Bush. I haven't stayed at this hotel chain before, but I figured that I could it wouldn't kill me to spend one night in a "value" hotel, especially since it was free. Wrong assumption! Although it was very late and I was very tired, I should have called a cab and fled. Although the hotel looks nice on the outside, once I got inside, the place really gave me the creeps. Further, my room was dingy, especially the carpet. There was a dead German cockroach in the tub. There was something pinkish dried in the bottoms of the trash cans. There were tiles missing around the bathtub. The bedroom a/c unit did not work. The courtesy shuttle took a long time to come and was beat up. Only nice thing was the pleasant front desk clerk, but this doesn't save this place. Never again! I really dislike spending time surrounded by dirt and fearing for my safety. I'd rather sit up all night at the airport than stay there again. For a little context, I am fairly easy going. In my lifetime, I have stayed happily at Sleep Inns and Motel 6s and other value establishments, although I'm more prosperous now and usually stay at something a little more upscale. This is the first negative review I have ever posted about a hotel, restaurant, or other such establishment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank melfalmcw
First off all i will like to apologize about the problems you encountered in your stay we strive to give our our guest the best expirence possible we are under new management and are in the process of renovating our rooms making sure everything is up to part cleanliness is our main concern as well as customer service 15% discount off your next visit and show you our many improvements.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2012

There were many issues that that hotel has but I will outline the main issues during my 1 night stay. First the hotel had a moldy/mildew smell as well as the linens on the bed. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and I didn't feel as though the sheets and towels were clean due to the smell. Also in the middle of the night the large mirror fell off of the wall and displayed large holes that had not been attended to. Furthermore there were tiny bugs in the bathroom and I noted 3 cockroaches in various places in the room. Live cockroaches. My experience at this hotel was disgusting and I felt dirty when I returned home to Austin. When I complained at checkout they simply said "sorry". I will never stay at this hotel or any other America's Best Value Inn. When I made a formal complaint, they simply offered me a 10% discount ($6.00 = equaling less than a McDonalds value meal). Insulting. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Heather C
Joseph K, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Hello Heather,

This is Mr. Joseph General Manager of Abvi 702 N Sam Houston Parkway East. I am disappointed in your experience with our company, and wish we could have done more to meet your expectations. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. We have a maintenance person on property who could have taken care of the problem.Our commitment to investing in our property will continue with renovations to our rooms and banquet areas. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. We wish you would have made management aware of the issues during your stay so we could have addressed the problems right away.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Americas Best Value Platinum Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn &  Suites- Deer Park / Houston
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Houston/FM 249
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Channelview / Houston
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Stafford / Houston

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bush Int'l Airport Wes? Share your experiences!