“Just go somewhere else.”
Review of America's Inn

America's Inn
Ranked #354 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 19, 2013

First, the lady at the front counter was so unhelpful. The room smells like old smoke, or like mildew maybe a combination. The pool is dirty and cloudy. People from the highway are rude and it's a congested entrance. Kinda unsafe. Personally I don't even like Houston, and if I'm ever forced to come to Houston again I would not come here again. I would not recommend it to others. There's plenty of other cheap hotels in Houston.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We chose this hotel for convenience- we needed a place near the bowling alley where the youth tournament was held. The bowling alley was in a so-so area so we read the reviews before we decided.

When we first arrived at this location, we were downright scared. To get here, we had to drive through a notorious area in town - much worse than we had realized - and pass a hotel 2 blocks away that apparently is home to many of the local prostitutes because quite a few of them were out in the streets. We seriously considered leaving because of this and also because of the amount of people who appeared to be living in the hotel - never a good sign.

However, the rooms were spotlessly clean and everything was in good repair. The lobby is beautiful and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. The beds are very comfortable - very pleasantly surprised. There are security cameras outside, which made me feel a little better.

The breakfast was just muffins and cereal - nothing worth going downstairs for.

If we were travelling without my kids on a tight budget we would consider staying again. However, because of the neighborhood and the other "guests" we would probably not stay when the kids are with us.

Room Tip: Ask for a second or third floor near the lobby - safer and a better place to park your car.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Oh where do I start. Two night stay..

On my arrival the clerk at the front dest was talking to another guest so I am waiting my turn, The other guest leaves and the clerk ask if she can help me, so I told her I would like a room then as im talking she picks up the phone and calls someone to ask for a fax number. She them ask's me what type of room even though I already told her, She ask's for my ID, she then goes to the back room and sends a fax before completing my check Inn. WOW! Maybe I have been watching to much Hotel Impossible but really I should have left right then!
Here's my list of issues.
One very small bar of soap at the sink in the room no soap for the shower. Im glad i pack my own soap.
No Iron in room or ironing board, you can go to the front dest and check out an iron but they do not have boards. Ha!
No hair dryers in rooms or at least not mine, but I have a feeling you have to ask for them too.
Looks like there was a picture above my bed, you can tell where it use to hand...it's gone now!
Tv is an old one so dont expect a flat screen.
There are 3 pillows on the bed and if you stack all three it may equal a standard pillow size.
Towels I can sum up easily... SANDPAPER!
I leave for the day and when I return back to my room I go to the fridge because I had water in there and cookies, chips in a special container I bought and guess what? It was all gone. I called the front desk and it was the same girl who checked me in. I told her that my stuff was gone from the fridge and that housekeeping must have thrown it away and she replied " Are you sure someone else didnt take it? WHAT? Did she really just ask me that? She said that she will tell the manger.
The housekeeping also didnt leave any coffee in the room today but there was yesterday. Not very consistant with there daily routines. Im done! I dont care if it was sixty bucks I have come to expect more in my travels....I stay 120 nights a year in hotels and this is by far one of my worst.

Room Tip: Need I say more.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012

OK, so this is one of the few motels in Houston where you can stay get a room for the night, with continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi, for under fifty bucks. But I can honestly say that I have stayed in nice places than this. The motel is located between car lots on the access road to Highway 59, just about where it joins Beltway 8 (it could be a good setting for a vice movie, for sure). The motel itself is pretty OK, with a pool tacked on the side. My room was large, with everything I would expect at this price range. However, when I checked in in the early afternoon I noticed my next door neighbors sitting on their bed with the door wide open, smoking. And there was a wheelbarrow outide the door with a TV set perched on top. The reception staff were friendly, and the morning breakfast was OK, but somehow I could not get the location or the seedy clientelle out of my head. Conclusion: Try somewhere else if you can.

Room Tip: Try one near the pool. The rooms round the back have a seedier aspect.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OilRover
Reviewed October 24, 2011

booked a room requesting handicap access, room was clean and bathroom was very large and w/c accessable. price was very reasonable, clerk informed me that breakfast was in the lobby from 7-10, coffee, juice, milk, cold cereal, toast, muffins which was good enough for the price i paid for the room. the place is just off hwy 59 at the beltway in a commerical area, but i slept undisturbed, the room was clean, nothing fancy about the place but well kept and staff was very nice, the room had a coffee maker, microwave and fridge, i would stay again, booked with expedia

Room Tip: i requested a handicap room, which was provided, very easy access to room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank skb_2183
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The room itself was actually better than I anticipated for the price we paid. The only complaint that I had was the odor of cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room. We were moved to another room without issue, but the smell was roughly the same. The A/C worked well and the room came with a mini-fridge and microwave which I didn't expect. The staff was nice and the breakfast was ok. They had muffins and cereal. I would stay there again provided we could get it similarly priced.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank txninja
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I booked this using Hotwire as the price was good and it was rated 2 stars and in the same category as a Comfort Inn or La Quinta. Don't be fooled, this place is no where near the same level as a decent Comfort Inn or La Quinta and I have told Hotwire that. This place is located in a run down neighborhood. Upon arrival, there was the local sheriff with someone (of a racial minority) handcuffed and spread-eagled across the hood of his patrol car. The motel does employ a security guard, but this guy was so obese that he had trouble getting out of the chair he was eating his dinner in.

The night manager was a nice guy with a "what are you kind of people doing here" type of look. The girl at the desk in the morning was rude and got disgusted when we had the temerity of asking her to refill the Orange Juice while she was engrossed in her novel. The coffee maker was broken so we did without.

The rooms were well-worn, but seemed otherwise clean, though we did not test this theory, instead preferring to sleep on top of the bed and not underneath the sheets.

Unless this is the only place in the entire Houston metropolitan area with a vacancy, do not stay here! And even then, I would probably drive elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank County-Hunter