“Better than I expected”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249
Ranked #257 of 510 Hotels in Houston
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel experience was great Marlene and Daisy were good the service was ok and the rooms were better than I originally expected. The pricing is good and the washroom is a bonus. I stayed 5 nights at the hotel and there was enough parking also the a/c is not monitored and works great . Overall the stay was alright and comfortable .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 481pat04
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff provided you with friendly service, especially Marlene and Daisy. Also, that you enjoyed having laundry available to you onsite and control of the A/C in your room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Monroe, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed for four nights in the Willowbrook 249 Hotel. It is wonderful. Room was clean , quiet and cool. Close to all the places we needed to be. Very convenient. Friendly staff made us feel right at home. We were told upon arriving if we needed anything just ask. We did and were very happy with the response. We will be staying here again soon when we visit our children and grand kids. Thank you for a delightful stay. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Houston – Willowbrook 249. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stay here 3 months now for a business trip.Here is not far away for my office and also near the mall so it's very convenient. Daisy is always very kind and friendly.When I go to front desk to get my postal parcle, she is very patient with me and help me get the package very quickly.Thanks.

Room Tip: It's good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that Daisy is always very kind, friendly, very patient and helpful. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for about 4 months because of work. The staff is always friendly at check in and the rooms always clean. Diana at the front desk is always helpful with keeping up with my reservations.

• Stayed February 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm thrilled that Diana and the staff were always helpful and keeps up with your reservations. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Spring, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice this place is. I was expecting a low rent dump, but it was a very pleasant stay. Clean, relatively quiet, and the staff was very attentive and friendly. I saw one review that said there was no security, and I'm sure incidents happen in the parking lots of all hotels, but during my 11 day stay here, I saw security out in the parking lot frequently, plus it is reasonably well lit. All of the rooms open to the INSIDE, which helps with the security of your room. The reception area/office is staffed from 7 am until 11 pm seven days a week, which is much better than some other extended stay places I looked at. The rates are very competitive, especially if you are staying more than a week. If you are only spending one or two nights, then there are many more traditional hotels around that would compete with their price. They provide coffee from 7 until 9:30 each morning, the cleaning staff does a good job... I was impressed and will stay there again when I need an extended stay in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that the staff was attentive to your needs and friendly. I am also glad that you enjoyed our Grab N Go breakfast and that the rooms were clean and quiet!! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for a job interview and needed some items printed off before hand. They did not have a business center which I thought they should have, but the staff was very helpful and printed all my documents for me free of charge. The room was clean and quiet and I had a nice stay.

Room Tip: If you are looking to stay with kids i wouldn't recommend it as there is no pool or many kid ori...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was able to print your documents at the front desk and that the rooms were clean and quiet. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was not a good experience for me. The first room had visible mold embedded in the curtains & sheet rock damage above the molded curtains. after complaining to the front desk, I was moved to a second room where I discovered short black curled hairs in the freezer! It was absolutely discussing. It was All Star weekend, so the hotel was full. I went to the store to purchase cleaning supplies, so that I could stay there since no other rooms were available. Also, the refrigerator was warm & the frost free freezer was frozen w ice? I finally figured that if I open the freezer door 1/2 way it would cool/freeze my groceries. Daisy, the front desk clerk was great & she really tried to accommodate me, but bring cleaning supplies!

Room Tip: Room 222 has molded curtains & room 122 is where I discovered "hair" in the freezer!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not as enjoyable as we like it to be nor that it was pleasing to you. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honest review. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at jlosoya@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.