“"Great hotel, felt like home"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249

Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249
Ranked #359 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Spring, Texas, United States
“"Great hotel, felt like home"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

My friend Jovannie recommended that I stay the night at this hotel since I needed a place to stay and I can say it was the best hotel I have ever stayed at. When I walked into the hotel I was treating right away by a friendly lady, she gave great customer service and very helpful. The room was nice, clean and had the home feeling to it. The beds were really comfortable and the restrooms and kitchen were extremely clean. The kitchen came with the basic utensil so you dont need to go out and buy any yourself. It is also located in a great place near restaurants, Willowbrook Mall, AMC24 movie theater, and even a Walmart. You can go shopping and buy everything you need within a short distance. I would love to spend another night in this hotel, so if you are looking for a place to stay in Houston I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
It gives me great pleasure to know that your stay with us made you feel like being at home. We take pride in our hotel and call it home. We want to make sure that it just doesn't have the features of a home such as our fully equipped kitchens but that it has the feeling of home. Thanks for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

When I came to this hotel I found everything very nice. The people in the front desk were very friendly and attentive with anything that I would need. The room was a decent size, I loved the fact that there is a fully equipped kitchen & that I don't have to worry about plates or anything since it's already there. In the morning there was coffee and continental breakfast which made it easy for me just to get my food on the go. Thank you for the great stay.

Room Tip: First floor is very quiet and calm.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are always delighted to know that our guests are happy when they stay with us. I'll take this time to again wish you the best for this holiday and thanks again for letting us know how your stay was.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this place cause I saw it was close to the mall among other attractions, yet it seemed to have a quiet, cozy look to it. This place has a nice comfortable home feel with an executive touch. The service was nice and helpful something you don't find at many place nowadays. When I needed any reccomendations or directions to any restaurants or stores, they seemed to know everything and even gave me some specials of the local restaurants. My overall experience was very satisfying and I plan to stay there next time I'm in Houston, I would greatly reccomend anyone visiting the are to check this place out.

Room Tip: Well all the rooms are great but you could always ask the friendly frontdesk people for any reccomen...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
It is a great feeling to continue to read opinions of people from all walks of life. I cannot thank you enough for letting us know that
we are meeting our number one goal, which is to take care of our guests and make them know what hospitality should be about.
As one of our staff members heard your opinion she got all motivated and told us that she did not know that her friendly attitude
at work leaves such a great impression on people. Thoughts such as your reminds our staff that it’s not just work here, but home.

Again, thank you for letting us know that we are on the right track and we hope to see you soon.
North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is absolutely one of the best hotels I have stayed at, whether it is for a few short days or up to weeks at a time. From the moment I walked in I could tell it was going to be a good experience, the front desk clerks were very helpful with giving me information about the area and everything I needed to know about the rooms, which made my stay there even more great. The area is great for people staying a day to staying a month, since there is so many restaurants near by to eat out at or order in as well as a Walmart near by to do some grocery shopping. The rooms are very clean, every time you walk in you can just smell the good aroma in the air. Each room is equipped with a fully equipped kitchen, so you can do all your cooking in your room if you don't feel like going out, also has a TV with a remote, working air conditioning, and iron and ironing board. The beds are really comfortable, got a good night sleep on them feeling rejuvenated in the morning every time. The hotel offers free WI-FI, just have to get the code from the front desk clerk. There is also vending machines on the first floor inside the laundry room, good for a snack while washing clothes. I have already begun recommending this hotel to others and I will continue to do so, thank you for all the hard work that goes into making this hotel just that much better than the rest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that guests such as yourself get to enjoy the home away from home feeling that our staff is able to create. The staff at ESA Willowbrook Tomball 249 take pride in their ability to create such a great place to stay. Comments such as yours adds fuel to a fire that is already burning inside of them and just ignites their spirits to strive for more satisfied guests. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

this hotel was amazing. The location was very nice because it is by lots of restaurants, AMC movie theater, and the mall which is right across the hotel. it is convenient.
Costumer service was very helpful and nice they are very attentive with your needs. I recommend this hotel for anyone that wants to stay in nice quite and safe place. I also liked the inside the room, there is a full kitchen which is great, the bed and the television was very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. Our staff takes pride of our ESA day in and day out, enthusiastically inform our guests of all the amenities nearby. Our staff understand that they are not just coming to work but are coming to a place where they to can feel like home. It is that home feeling that enables our staff to treat others as if they are visiting their home. Please accept these kind words as an appreciation for your stay with us and we hope to see you soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed for a few nights. Hotel was quiet, staff was great. Rooms have had some renovation. Rooms have full size kitchens which is very convenient. If you are looking to stay in this area, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Quiet and Comfortable Rooms

Mandeville, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

BEWARE !!!...No security what so ever - no gaurds,no cameras, desk closed at night. Had all 4 wheels and tires stolen from my vehicle parked in front of the hotel!! Was not warned of lack of security and hotel offered no compensation.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RNAQ
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to let you know how sorry I am that your experience with us was not 100% satisfactory. The situation you have described is disconcerting and not at all a normal one for our property. Regardless, I do appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Our hotel maintains a fully staffed front desk between the hours of 7am and 11pm, seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to assist guests. Moreover, since it is one of our companies top priorities to ensure the safety of our guests, all of our staff is trained in corporate wide safety procedures as well as having the property equipped with standard safety items.

Please know that we do not take the experience you had lightly and are now taking additional steps to ensure something like this does not happen again. This includes reviewing safety protocol with staff members, confirming safety items are performing and monitoring the grounds more often.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies. It is my hope that you will give us a second chance and stay at our hotel another time in the future. We very much look forward to showing you our redoubled efforts.