“Mostly good”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 8,666 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have eaten here a number of times but the last time was at least a year ago. Our food was good for the most part. The BBQ chicken salad is consistently well done. And the person in our party of 5 who ordered the Morrocan Spiced Salmon liked it. Another person ordered the Angel Hair Toscana and thought it was "pretty plain". I ordered the Tuscan Chicken Limone and thought it was pretty good although the chicken was also plain. My entree arrived without the promised spinach and when I asked about it, I was brought a small plate with about 8 wilted spinach leaves spread out on it. I complained about the situation and was told that the spinach was a "garnish". Really? Since when do menus specifically include the garnish in their description of a dish? They did replace it with a more generous serving of steamed spinach but I had finished the rest of my entree by that time. Our service was adequate and the atmosphere is a bit more quiet in the smaller of the 2 dining areas. I know they have good food for the most part so this was a disappointing visit. We will return and hope for a better experience.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place has a great menu and the servers are always on the ball. My husband loves to go there for the brewed beer and fish and chips. I love the BBQ salad. Pretty much always a wait, but worth it.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We walked from the hotel late in the evening. The food was excellent and entertained by the many televisions with the current sports events. The menu is extensive but we settled on a cheeseburger/fries and tilapia with vegetables and couscous. Both were delicious and reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Their extensive menu has something for EVERYONE - from flatbread pizzas, to sandwiches and salads - to small and large appetizers - everything I have tried is delicious! My favorites are the vegetable and goat cheese flat bread and the bruschetta appetizer. I also love their beer - I get the "Hoppy Buffalo", which is a combination of a dark and an IPA. It's amazing. You can never go wrong here - great place for a date, late night snack, big party, or happy hour.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place! First time patron. I had Thai chicken wontons, baked
Mac and cheese and fresh mozzarella and tomato salad - these were all one person sized appetizers with a price to match. All three together were $10-$11. Amazing variety of choices.

I am the kind of person who sometimes likes to order a variety of sides rather than an entree. I have never seen a menu that features appetizers for one! Very impressive.