The Houston Museum of Natural Science

from $64.00
from $10.70
from $51.00
5,060 results
All reviews egyptian exhibit gems and minerals paleontology exhibit dinosaur bones texas wildlife gem vault permanent exhibits butterfly center all ages general admission parking garage on display planetarium faberge drilling oil skeleton
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2019

We had a short time time to visit the museum on July 5. Although it was a high traffic day, the museum was very enjoyable. The Butterfly Exhibit is one of a kind. It is like being in a tropical paradise. Check out the fourth floor energy exhibit. It is a great introduction to the oil and gas industry and the challenges facing oil and gas extraction.

I want to go back and spend a day walking through the museum district and the adjacent parks.

Reviewed July 10, 2019

I could spend days here! This museum has it all. I enjoyed the butterfly habitat which is essentially four stories and thousands of free-range butterflies! The planetarium was really cool - they have a variety of shows, but the one I attended was a great look at our solar system as it relates to the galaxy. There are four floors of amazing artifacts and exhibits to include my upgraded ticket to see the Death by Natural Causes section. The gift shop is even a treat to visit. Parking is available in a garage right next to the museum for $20 non-member - a bit steep for me. The prices are pretty reasonable given the magnitude of the experience.

2  Thank Dewayne P
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

I have a family pass for the kids. They are teens now and still enjoy going and learning. The moon exhibit was awesome. There’s always something new or sometimes you miss something because there is just so much to see. Great for cooling off after the zoo as well.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

Our family scheduled a 2 hour private tour with Mr. Rich Hutting. WOW! Interesting fun facts, knowledgeable and entertaining! If my pictures seem blurry it was because we were always “on the move” with Rich as he would quickly transition to so many interesting exhibits that the Houston Museum of Natural Science has to offer! He is the PERFECT tour guide for the ADHD viewer! There is no time to be distracted as you hang on his every word! I can honestly say he is the BEST tour guide I have ever had the privilege to learn from and absorb his knowledge! I get the impression I could schedule a 2 hour tour once a month with Rich and learn new material each visit. I just purchased a membership, I may very well do just that! Thank you, Rich for being so enRICHing on a Saturday afternoon at the Houston Museum of Natural Science!!!

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Great experience. Very educational. Staff engaged my 7 year old, especially Rich. The paleontology area is best in class