The Houston Museum of Natural Science
$59.00*
Houston CityPASS
$20.00*
and up
Gladiators:Heroes of the Colosseum exhibit ticket includs the new Fabergé...
Ranked #1 of 299 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This outstanding science museum has a spectacular collection of mineral specimens, a dinosaur skeleton, space-station models, a planetarium, IMAX theater and a six-story butterfly center in which these beautiful creatures land delicately on outstretched arms.
Houston, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

It's good fun for the family. Worth the visit maybe once. Not as cool as the Children's Museum down the street.

Visited August 2014

• Vietnamese first
Suffolk, United Kingdom
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“I'm a Museum Junkie, and this is One of My Favorites in the US”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This museum is near downtown and all e other museums. Honestly, this is one of the best museums I've been to in the US. There is so much to see and do between the permanent exhibits and the revolving ones as well. You can easily spend at least four hours there. There is stuff for kids and adults, which is great so the little ones won't get bored, especially with all the dinosaurs and Egypt artifacts.
I saw the D Day movie, and that was quite nice!
If you are military you can get in of free and even get to see the D Day movie free too. Overall, a great experience and I highly recommend.

Visited July 2014
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“The Magna Carta!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

While traveling across America to learn about the history of this great country, we stopped at this museum because we learned that the Magna Carta was on loan here from England.

Seeing the Maga Carta in person was such an impressive and unique step back in time. The Magna Carta was such an important document that helped shape the path of our own US Constitution. The information and artifacts surrounding this magnificent piece were equally impressive.

We also toured the remainder of the museum which consisted of the large game animals, dinosaur bones, and the Hall of Egypt. The mummy displays were also impressive! This was the very best display of Egyptian history we have ever seen up close.

This museum is the second best museum I have ever visited in my life time (Smithsonian still holds first place with me). If you are ever in Houston make certain that you visit this wonderful museum. Bring a kid and a teenager so they can learn about history in a positive way.

Thank you kindly for reading my review - McLintock853.

Jacksonville, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I loved it!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I'm from Phoenix, Arizona, so I've seen my share of awesome fossil exhibits. I live in Florida now (and love it) but I must say Florida just doesn't offer much of anything spectacular when it comes to huge and outstanding fossil exhibits. That's why I was thrilled to see the HUGE fossil exhibit at the HMNS. I never expected to see anything so wonderful again unless I travelled back West, but fortunately I was pleasantly surprised. I recommend this museum to everyone. If you aren't into fossils, there are plenty of other exhibits in the building to appeal to everyone.

My one caution is that it ties a whole day to see everything, and at the end of the day you will be very exhausted. But it's a good exhaustion—the kind you get after you've done something awesome!

Visited May 2014
San Antonio, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Museum, but the Guided to was even GREATER!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had limited time to spend at the museum, so we asked the ticket office for their recommendation. They suggested the guided EGYPT tour. For $5 per person, it was a great bargain. Gary, our tour guide, has a passion for his job. He went into great detail and made the tour so interesting. He said he was going a little beyond the time limit of the tour - but we all said "go ahead, please". He loves his job, and is a great asset to the museum. His knowledge and presentation are fantastic. He deserves a raise!!! If you go to Houston, go to this museum and make sure you get Gary as your tour guide. Worth every cent. ***** (5-star rating)

Visited August 2014