“Best steakhouse in Houston”

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: La Branch
Reviewed June 18, 2014

If you really want a terrific steak, Vic and Anthony is the place to go. While it is very pricey, it is worth every dollar you pay. The food is delicious, the ambiance is wonderful and the service is superb.

There are newer reviews for Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I would highly recommend this premier steakhouse. Located dwontown, close to the business district, exhibition centre and Minute Maid Park, the array of steaks is almost overwhelming.
The service is superb and the quality of the food is top notch.
I went for a rib-eye which was huge - almost too big. Even the side order of mushrooms, also exceptionally tasty, were for sharing as it would be too much for one person. My steak was succulent and cooked just as I had ordered it.
I had another a few days later at another restaurant which allowed me to compare and the difference was this one was more flavoursome on the outside but not as lean as the other. I would be happy with both though so it's an observation and personal taste not a criticism.
The one thing I would have a gripe about would be the price of the wine list but then I would rather pay more for the great choice than less for a poor selection.
My verdict? If you're in Houston and fancy steak then definitely book a table here and you won't go wrong.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

While the food gets high marks and the wait staff are good you can't help feeling this is a venue that has it all too easy. That is reflected by the rudeness of the reception staff. We were told there were no tables and had to eat along a bar in front of the kitchen and that was at 5pm, before the rush. Meanwhile by the time we left the restaurant was only half full. When I pointed this out to the door staff they waived a business card in front of me stating that next time I should make a reservation. Funny how untrained and rude staff can get when they have a captive market. The US and Houston is known for its tact and welcoming nature, especially in the service sector. Well here it fell down badly. Manager take note. Your door girls have ensured I will not return which is a shame because I love the food. I don't know if they are new but at least two of them were very rude.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We enjoyed one of the best meals we've ever had here. The service is outstanding, and the food is incredible. We shared a lovely salad, and had steak and red snapper, with a side of au gratin potatoes. Everything was perfection. I literally scraped the potatoes - couldn't stand to leave a drop! Desserts were wonderful too. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We went to Vic & Anthonys to celebrate my wife's birthday. We definitely were not disappointed. The steaks, petite filet special with shrimp, cream of spinach appetizer, red wine and some of the best bread pudding you will ever taste.