“Steak in Houston? YES”

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: La Branch
Monroe, New Jersey
“Steak in Houston? YES”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

At the end of our vacation..our last night..we decided to have steak. Could not have picked a better place. Great service, good wine, delicious meal. I had a filet mignon that was cooked to perfection. My husband had a rib eye....also cooked to perfection. Ordered the mushrooms that were not so great...had a funky taste, but creamed spinach...delicious. All in all, Houston restaurants were a great success as were the museums and parks...We had a great time.

• Visited March 2014

New York
“Great Food (More than Just Steak Too)”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I shared the porterhouse, and it was among the best steaks I have eaten. I am used to NYC prices, so was even pleasantly surprised by the final check. What put the experience over the top, however, was the quality of the accompaniments, including a fantastic crab cake that was perfectly seasoned and portioned. The potatoes au gratin were also outstanding. One thing to note: the portions are very generous. One side dish is more than enough for two people, so don't over order unless you are looking forward to the doggie bag.

Kimberly was our waitress, and she provided excellent service, including friendliness and knowledgeable recommendations. The support staff was also very attentive, filling water glasses and removing dishes at the right time without being disruptive. The decor of the dining room accentuated the experience as well. More cozy and inviting than elegant, the tables were large and well spaced, making for a very comfortable dining experience.

Also of note, the restaurant offers inexpensive valet parking, and there's a lot of street parking nearby (at least after 6:00pm and on Sundays). The Astros play right down the block, so Vic & Anthony's would be a great place to have a pre-game meal.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and atmosphere but a bit overpriced...”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently went here with a friend for dinner. I had heard good things. Service, atmosphere were a 10, steaks were very tender but very salty. Ordered lobster Mac and cheese as a side for our dinner. There might have been 1oz if I was lucky of lobster in the side order, not very tasty. I'm a Mac and cheese fan. Had calamari very ordinary, needed something more. I would probably not rush back. I'm a visitor to Texas and expected to be amazed by a fantastic steak but I was left disappointed.

Houston, Texas
“Very Fine Dining”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We arrived early and felt like we had a private room for about 30 minutes. Everything was wonderful! Could not have had better service and our steaks were perfectly done. Fills up fast around 6:30. Wine is really pricey.

Visited March 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Best steakhouse in Houston”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit to Vic and Anthony's. Amazing place with the best steaks in Houston. Try the lobster soup as a starter. Can recommend the prime rib as main course. The deserts are also fabulous if you have some space for a desert after the main course. Staff are friendly and vey professional. Make sure to reserve table one or two days in advance as it can get crowded even on weekdays. I will for sure come back.

Visited March 2014