“Good Food and Top Notch Staff_DvB”

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: La Branch
Texas
“Good Food and Top Notch Staff_DvB”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Every meal I have had here is fantastic. I can't say it is the most amazing food, but the cumulative experience makes this a perfect venue for meetings, dates, or clients. I have used the meeting rooms on the second floor, and they are wired with every possible tool to ensure a quality presentation and/or round table. The decorations and wood are suitable for the most discerning eye. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013

League City, Texas
“Ok but for sure not the best”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate there last night before going to Wicked. The atmosphere is ok but once the tables fill up you cannot even hear talking from your own table. We sat at a booth and a manager and 2 waiters stood in the aisle talking we could hear every word they said,,,,I am sure they heard us say we could hear them and they finally moved. We had the special 8 oz filet. The steak was awful I took 2 bites and left the rest of mine.
The dessert was good...Crème Brulee
Brussel Sprouts were great!! Chinh our waitress was great as well very helpful
We will NEVER eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
Cypress, Texas
“First time in....will be back”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was in the area for a Wine deal at Minute Maid and left there a bit hungary. Pulled in to V and A's to hit the bar area (I was in shorts and a polo) for some wine and a few appetizers. Bar area is dark and cozy, had a guy playing piano, it was nice. They do have some wines that are by the glass and we tried a couple. For our appetizer we ordered something like a seafood tower with crab/lobster/oysters/shrimp on it. It was good. The homemade crackers we ate with the oysters was good. For desert we ordered the red velvet torte thinking we would get a small little desert but what we got was a 6 inch high slice of heaven. We only took a few bites and the waitress asked if something was wrong and we told her we thought it would be something smaller. Manager took it off the check. Service in general was very good, we did have to ask for refills on a diet coke a few times but no biggie.

So all and all this was a very good visit. We didn't try a steak so we will be back for sure. Note that this place is not cheap, the glasses of wine were in the 15 range, our seafood tower was 92, etc. I did see something on the after dinner list, I think a cognac, that was 650 for a drink. I will try that next time.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great steak restaurant, right next to the ballpark and down from one of my favourite hotels in Houston, The Magnolia.

Anyway back to the restaurant, its fallen out of 1940's NewYork/little italy . Think white table clothes, italian looking waitors, dark wood... high end steak restaurant. Cocktail bar with pianist whilst you wait.

The food is delicious, the portions are GIGANTIC. Everytime I order a starter then a main and side, and everytime I leave half of it. My recommendation is to share with the other diners.

I go back here everytime I visit (every 2/3 months) and I think it is great, especially as my steak is always cooked as requested!!

Definitely deserves the Zagat 27 rating!

One last note, if you do not eat all your food, they are more than happy to box the rest up which I normally give to some of the homeless people you inevitably see around downtown Houston.

• Visited April 2013
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Marvelous steak, great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Got a table with no reservation at this very busy Houston steakhouse. Knowing that I would only manage a main course, I reluctantly disregarded my favorite oyster starter and ordered the bone-in 22 ounce ribeye with the incredibly delicious bone marrow bordelaise topping and a baked potato with all the dressings. The sommelier recommended a fabulous Californian blend from Dalla Valle, reasonably priced and a great choice. Absolutely great steak and a great meal. I’ll be back!

Visited July 2013