“Wonderful meal”

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 8,380 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: La Branch
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Had the most wonderful birthday dinner. The service was wonderful and everyone who worked there made me feel as if they cared I came!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The steaks were great as was the wait service. And the wine cellar was amazing, and not as overpirced as I expected. Definitely a place for that special occassion, and a better value than going to Tony's!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great downtown location. Close to all the theatres. Beautiful atmosphere and the food and service was over yhe top. A new favorite for me!!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Ate here during a week night around 5 pm. There was no wait. The restaurant was a bit dark as was the restroom. The bar area was warm and inviting. We sat there for a few minutes to listen to the piano player and enjoyed the deep leather chairs. It was so relaxing I felt like we could fall asleep after our meal.

I ordered the Shrimp Scampi Papardelle. It was wonderful! The tomato butter was fantastic. It was 6 succulent shrimp placed on a bed of pasta. It was not an extra large portion but large enough to satisfy for dinner. My husband had the Pan Roasted Chicken. The chicken was moist and had a slight crust to the outside. The potatoes are like mom used to make. Yummy. The asparagus was top notch. Crispy and cooked nicely.

The meal started out with freshly made bread and whipped butter. Crusty outside, warm light taste inside.

I ordered the Dr. Heyden Reisling. I would not order this again as it was not as sweet as I would have hoped.

The service was not as attentive from our server as I would have liked. He was not quick to refill our bread basket and we did not see him very often. The man who refilled the water was wonderful. He had a carafe that he used to refill our glasses and did it so artfully. It looked like a waterfall when he did it. He said it took him 3 months to learn how to pour this gracefully. Very impressive.

We were dressed casually (jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes). We were not sure they would allow us to dine as it says "Proper attire required" on the door. However, we were seated without delay. I recommend not sitting directly next to the window in the main dining room. There is an air vent that runs next to the window and directly on to whoever sits nearest the window and then onto their food cooling it quickly.

It was priced correctly for the ambiance. It was priced slightly above for the quality of food. We would eat at Vic & Anthony's again. Great experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Loved the ambiance ,the food, the service. The steaks are perfect, not full of spice etc . A bit expensive but worth it!
Delicious !