“One of the top steakhouses in the U.S.”

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 8,311 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: La Branch
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Went there again last night to celebrate our daughters 25 birthday and we were again impressed by the service and the quality of the food. I had the bone in ribeye cooked med rare plus and it was perfect. Best steak I ever ate. I highly recommend the steak tartare appetizer and a bottle of there pink sparking wine (champaign). For dessert the bread pudding is simply awesome. Of course all this quality does not come cheap. But it is worth it. Two bottles of champaign, 1 appetizer, 2 desserts, 4 main courses and 4 sides, for four people was just shy of 5 bills.

There are newer reviews for Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse

Reviewed July 27, 2011

One of the best steak i have had in years! The atmosphere was great, food was great, staff were great.

We had a business dinner and we were able to have conversation.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Vic and Anothony's, near the Houston Astro's stadium last week. We've been to some good steakhouses through the years, but nothing compares to this place! It was beautiful, had great service and fantastic food. I've never experienced such a flavorful steak in my life! Expensive but worth it.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I can't believe i have been a Houstonian for this long and not tried V&A..well i wasn’t missing much.
Made a reservation for Saturday night, Valet is only $6, seated right away, I didn’t like my table, high traffic by the kitchen extremely loud..my waiter was intuitive enough to realize i was uncomfortable and he asked if he could switch the table which i gladly accepted.
Wait staff was incredible, main waiter and team very attentive and friendly
Starters ordered lobster bisque and Caesar salad...was alright, nothing to write home about...
Extensive wine list, very limited whites by the glass but was good enough.
I asked for fresh lemonade...i was given fountain minute maid lemonade, trust me i know my lemonade...blech
Entrees ordered 16oz ribeye...cooked perfectly temp wise, but it wasn’t to die for steak.
Ordered the pan roasted chicken...this was horrible, i can definitely cook better at home..over cooked and covered up with some weird sauce.
In contrast, the mashed potatoes and asparagus that came with it were very good.
Ordered the macaroni and cheese....blech...
Dessert time, ordered the abnormally large crème brulee...now this was yum worthy, it was delish!!!

A Piano player was playing by the bar he was very good, so we stopped and ordered a couple of drinks which were surprisingly very affordable and listened. Very cozy in there, take your date in there and order a few drinks and dessert after you eat somewhere else...sorry wish i could say better, maybe my expectations/taste is too high...

1  Thank prissywanderlust
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Very nice, formal dining restaurant. Porterhouse steaks melted in the mouth but not cheap!