“Fun”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I like the unique designs, the chocolate covered popcorn and the variety of chocolate gifts. Some of their items are pricey but overall the store is fun and offers a different option to food gifts.

There are newer reviews for The Chocolate Bar

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was not impressed after so much hype. Their cakes were a decent size for the height, but was a slender slice. The cakes were mostly cheesecakes instead of regular cake. The revelet had a different icing, instead of the traditional creme cheese. Not good at all. One good spot was the "trash" ice cream, which had different candy bars in it. Too overpriced. half of it was a gift shop style with dog treats and kid kind of lollipops.

1  Thank readytotravelanytime
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I used to visit this store once in a while when i lived in the medical center area and have also held my after birthday dinner celebration. Tasty cakes and ice creams. Atmosphere is very nice. They use to have salsa music played (i believe during the summer) as well.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I am very picky with my ice cream. There are only two kinds that I like - Bluebell (I'm from Texas after all!) and The Chocolate Bar. The ice cream is reasonably priced (about $4) and has big chunks of mix-ins. My favorite is the chocolate ice cream with cranberries and nuts. The cake is also good too (and huge!). I've never tried the chocolate pieces, as I am always satisfied with just the ice cream.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The best dessert shop in town! There have been other place I have been but nothing like The Chocolate Bar. I brought my family from out of town here, and they praised me for introducing them to it. The chocolate tres leches is my favorite, it is so moist and has just the right amount of chocolate. My mouth is watering just writing about it. They ice creams, cakes, pies so much too choose from, they also have a candy shop! Chocolate instruments, and computers. These candy shop surprises would make perfect gifts!