“Good rooms and good hot free breakfast, excellent staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston

Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston
Ranked #128 of 489 Hotels in Houston
El Paso, Texas
“Good rooms and good hot free breakfast, excellent staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The breakfast was really good and the staff was very caring and helpful at check-in. The rooms were really cleaned and the hotel is Eco-friendly which is really good. I really enjoyed my stay and would be booking future reservations at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
eugene, Or
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We booked a stay here before our cruise, and the day after our cruise was over. The night we got there, some guy was at the front desk in shorts and a backwards hat stuffing his face with Chinese food. he ate the entire time he checked us in. The room was ok, air conditioner did NOT work, it was so hot and stuffy in our room! We told the front desk the next morning, and the response was "Oh, sorry'. The walls were super dirty! Especially by the garbage can. Patches on the walls were all different color paints. The shuttle in the early morning was driven by the maid, and just a dirty van. Also, there is NO food nearby except dennys, and I would not recommend walking this neighborhood at night. If they could just fix a few things and have someone more presentable at the front desk at all times, I think it would be much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Comfort Suites H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and providing us with feedback on your guest experience.

We take all feedback seriously and would like to provide some background information relative to the situation you described as well as some corrective actions we have already implemented. I certainly agree that the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide.

We had a thunder storm a couple of days before you arrived and the hotel got struck by lighting and almost half of the air conditioners at our hotel were affected. All our staff were called upon to help repair the A/C’s in a short period of time. Unfortunately some of the motherboards on the A/C’s were burned out and we had to work with what we had. We ordered the motherboards as soon as possible with expedited delivery. We even found a solution to bypass the thermostat and control the affected A/C’s on the unit itself.

We have many restaurants that deliver quality food to the hotel, please just ask our front desk staff for suggestions. We will continue to work to ensure all aspects of your stay are pleasant in the future.

Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate experience you encountered in our Hotel when the front desk clerk checked you in. I have discussed your comments with the front desk clerk and corrective action is being taken to address the deficiencies that you noted in your review. We appreciate your bringing these matters to our attention so that we can improve the services we offer our guests. Incidents such as this are rare, and we are always concerned when they occur.
Newburgh, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Flew in to Houston from Indiana to meet a friend and attend a gathering later in the week. I decided to stay my first night near the airport as I was arriving in the early evening. The manager on duty when I arrived was super!! She was cheerful, courteous, and full on advice and information. The room was excellent and I had a great stay even if it was for only one night. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed one night to be close to the airport for early flight. Decent room, decent free breakfast, and certainly convenient to the airport. I agree with others that the lobby has a funky smell (the elevator too). The beds are comfortable and the air conditioning certainly works well. My biggest complaint would be that someone either in an adjoining room or in the hallway had a very loud cough (like they were hacking up a lung) and it sounded like it was actually in our room - happened a couple of times during the evening and night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Carrollton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Tried another Houston Hobby area hotel. I was not impressed with this hotel.

The location is good, right down the street from the airport and close to 45, but not too close. The lobby area is nice however the hotel did not smell fresh. The carpet in the hallways needed cleaning and the elevator could have used a good scrubbing.

The beds were comfortable, but the rooms are tired and need updating. The bathroom ceiling was in need of several repairs.

The fitness center only had 2 working items the treadmills were under repair.

They did have great internet and 24 hour coffee.

Slept thru the free breakfast so can't comment here.

Do I plan to stay here again, definitely not my first choice. Is it safe for a night or early flight, absolutely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rooms are very clean and and the beds are so comfortable (King Size). I drove extra to stay due to the overall value that this property. I recommend this Hotel to anyone in the area. A friendly staff that was very accomodating.

Room Tip: The rooms afford comfort I have never had a bad stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bryan B
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a clean, comfortable hotel with a decent breakfast. The room was large and clean and the bathroom was also very clean. I checked in late at night and the lady at the front desk was so friendly and upbeat even though it was nearing the end of her shift and not the beginning. I think her name was Tammy. I was able to get back to the airport the next morning via the shuttle and the breakfast had a good variety of both hot and cold items.

Room Tip: I had requested a top floor end of the hall room and I was satisfied with where it was.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Days Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
#2 of 4 in South Houston
3.0 of 5 stars 6 reviews
No photo provided
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport

Been to Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston? Share your experiences!