“Going down hill”

Ranked #109 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Houston
“Going down hill”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I've stayed at this Crowne Plaza several times, it's like a home away from home. The hotel is fairly clean. The rooms are falling apart, the refrigerator did not get cold there was a hole in the celing above the bathtub. My room was not cleaned until 5pm the next day and we had to call for them to come and clean. The pool area is a mess, the fitness area is attached to the pool so part of it is under construction. There is so much chlorine in the water you are high from the fumes when you leave the pool area. There is more water splashed around the pool than in the pool. I will still stay at this hotel because its a quick getaway, but I hope the staff catches up before the hotel goes any further down hill. Overall the front desk staff is very friendly and willing to help if you have any problems.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
TEXAS CITY
Reviewed June 17, 2010

The visit in May was the best service I've ever received at any hotel I've stayed at. Check-in was fast - The front desk clerk made me feel genuinely welcomed. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The lobby and pool area was also clean. All and all it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
HIG110, Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your positive review and kind comments about our hotel and staff. We are always thrilled to hear from our satisfied guests!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Dallas.

Kareem Settles
Front Desk Manager
Brownsville,TX
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Very nice service at restaurant and specially at the bar very friendly and promptly attention
Room very quiet, clean and spacious, excellent for work, relax, rest and sleep
Very good restaurants at walking distance a a short distance to my corporate offices, very convenience
I like best that is pretty close to my corporate office's and I don't really have anything that I like least, good place to stay

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback about your most recent experience at Crowne Plaza Suites Sugar Land. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our rooms, restaurant, and location were to your satisfaction.

We love hearing such nice comments from our guests and I look forward to sharing your review with the rest of our staff.

Safe travels!

Kareem Settles
Front Desk Manager
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My friend and I were in Houston for the Offshore Technology Conference. We checked out of our hotel, thinking we had an option closer in. That option fell through. We finally found an available room at the Crowne Plaza at 2:00 in the morning. Not only did they squeeze us in, but they charged us a VERY fair price. To top it all off, when we couldn't secure a taxi, Sarai from the front desk gave us a ride to an event in the Galleria area in the hotel van. The beds were very comfortable and the sheets were DIVINE!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
richland hills ,tx,
Reviewed January 27, 2010

well to me everything was great.......and i will tell to my friends and family about it ....

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
HIG110, Revenue Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Dear Traveler,

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Crowne Plaza Suites Sugar Land.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers. Come back and see us soon!
houston
Reviewed January 25, 2010

My husband and I travel several times a year and ONLY stay at the Crowne Plaza ( if one is available). I always know that my room will be spotless with fresh linens and the staff will be available and WILLING to assist me with anything I may require. We have stayed in Crownes in LA, TX , downtown Chicago, etc., and the experience is always the same- delightful.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Crowne Plaza Sugar Land experience with other travelers. We're delighted that you chose our hotel and that our property and staff met, if not exceeded, your expectations.

We hope to see you back in Houston soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2010

We did alot of home work to decide to pick a hotel for a weekend getaway.. I must say that we were very pleased with our choice. The staff was great!! Friendly, very helpful. This hotel has recieved alot of reviews because if its location, etc,etc. Security is every where, it is not noisy as stated in other reviews and there are places to go around the area. We stayed here for a football game and if we return we would stay again without a doubt. Great value for the price! Check out the bar...bar tender their is very knowledgable about the area and great place to just kick back....

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple