“Amazing Staff & Services”

Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
Ranked #113 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is my second visit to this Hotel and while I really liked my first stay, they have out done themselves. I travel extensively and I can honestly say that have not experienced this high level of customer oriented service anywhere else. The check in process was superb and since I am an IHG rewards member they really rolled out the red carpet for me. From all the upgrades including a personalized welcome from the Manager, to the free pull on the slot machine where I won 1000 complimentary points,

I felt like royalty and felt that my business was truly appreciated by the entire staff. I was called by name at EVERY interaction from front desk to the Restaurant staff including the person who cleaned my room ! I wonder how they all knew my name.. regardless it definitely shows that someone on the top who understands great guest service is turning the knobs and the staff has bought into it and delivering excellent service.

My King Suite was spotless and I really enjoyed the super fast internet service which was free and a lavish breakfast buffet was included in my rate which was a big plus. I also liked the few exclusive Rewards Member Parking right by the front door and every entrance. Overall an excellent stay and I will be sure to stay this Hotel each time I visit Houston.

Room Tip: Join the IHG rewards club if you haven't done so already. I think it is the best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vimal V
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Vimal,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly share your comments with our staff. We must agree our breakfast is fantastic!! On your next visit we suggest you try our delicious omelettes. We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land

Reviewed November 21, 2013

From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out the service of the staff was fantastic! My room was indeed a suite-it felt like home. I had a "quiet" floor and it truly was quiet. No elevator or ice machine noise here! No loud doors, nada.... I would recommend this hotel to any family or business traveler! Well done Crowne Plaza...you got this one right!

Room Tip: I really don't think you could get a bad room in this hotel based on what I experienced!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brandieaston

Dear brandieaston,

We certainly thank you for your feedback. We strive to exceed each and every guest satisfaction. Our staff will be very pleased to hear about your stay with us. We hope to become your hotel of choice for any future travel needs. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

For many reasons........

1) Great Staff and Management team- you never see them standing around, if there are not busy working they are trying to help you or the family or help organize time away from the hotel in Houston.

2) Rooms - clean, uniform layout and has the basics more than covered. Do not top end luxury boutique but then who really needs that it in a hotel stay

3) Price is always competitive

4) Busy - I have rarely seen a hotel restaurant and bar have as good a service and always people about. The staff are freindly, polite and eager to make the stay easy! This keeps the guests happy and polite and socialable. It was never too noisey either and could access the pool or gym without issue.

Well Done to Sheldon and the team, my wife, kids and myself always have a wave whenever we pass. Our first nights in Houston whilst we waited to find a house we good ones.

Room Tip: It is usually full or close to, be happy you got a room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank K4Wise

Dear K4Wise,

We thank you for your kind comments. Your words are music to our ears. We will share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I found myself in Houston TX due to a medical emergency. My son on a long weekend and went to Texas to spend with friends was terribly injured and flew in the same day. I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It cost me $40 one way to and from the hospital. I had no idea where I was. The second day in the hospital I received a call from a gentleman named Sheldon. He stated they thought I checked out. I was almost in tears because I had no where else to go. I explained to him my circumstances, my rate was increasing due to it being a weekday. I had no choice but to say OK. A few minutes later he called me back and told me to ask for "Sheldon" when I returned to the hotel, he had a surprise for me. I came back to the hotel and he gave me a medical rate he created just for me! He gave me a coupon for lunch appetizers that is good for i think a year and then gave me a chance to spin to wind MONEY! With all the turmoil I was dealing with I really appreciated the care and concern from Sheldon. I just want to say he did good! really, good! to a stranger in a strange city!

Room Tip: make sure it is close to your desired destination. the hotel was perfect...slept like a baby...exhau...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank seeboz

Dear seeboz,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. Sheldon has done a great job and will sure appreciate your kind remarks. We will share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to become your hotel of choice for any future travel needs. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I travel to Houston every few months, this is my new home away from home. The exterior of the hotel has recently been painted and updated, what a wonderful surprise! The interior is well kept and the rooms are very inviting. The hotel has a pleasant scent when you enter the front doors!
I can not say enough about the staff! Bailey is a superb Front Desk Receptionist! Her multitasking abilities, while checking me in where amazing! The check out was no different. Chris was professional and very helpful! The staff at this property is like none I have ever experienced! First class, 5 star all the way!
The lobby lounge and restaurant are always busy, and the staff (once again) is amazing. The restaurant offers a very large variety of choices, American, Chinese, Spanish, and even Halal! I did not know what Halal was until I read over the menu, very interesting!
The Management is also wonderful! I was greeted at check in by Kareem, and at Check out by Matthew. I also had the privilege of speaking with the General Manager, who happened to fill my water in the busy restaurant! This is true team work, and it shows!
For 5 star service and the cleanest rooms you will ever enjoy, this is your place! I highly recommend this hotel!
Thank you once again, Crowne Plaza for making my trip to Houston a great one! I appreciate you!

Room Tip: Executive Suite, Room 616.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Elizabeth H

Dear Elizabeth H,

Thank you for your kind comments. We certainly will share your feedback with our entire staff. You will never be a stranger at the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Houston.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here one night recently on a business trip. The room was clean, very spacious and comfortable. Staff was efficient and friendly. Location is convenient—major freeway access. This hotel should not be compared to world-class properties because it’s not—nor does it claim to be. But it is modestly priced and a good value. Will stay here again when in Houston on business.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack H
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Jack H,

Thank you for your feeback of our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to go above and beyond for our guests. We will absolutely share your comments with our entire staff. We do offer shuttle within a 10-mile radius whether your next visit is on business or leisure. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Allow me to say up front that this not your usual review...

Following a one-day trip from Albuquerque to Houston, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Suites the night of Oct 5. First, allow me to say that my original reservations were for a two-night stay for Sun and Monday nights. Due to a sudden change in plans, I had to change the reservations from Sun to Saturday. This was accomplished simply and quickly via a short phone call to the person on duty at the front desk.

When I arrived Saturday night (late), I needed to abruptly change plans again from a two-day stay to just one. As I had already payed for a two-day stay, I was prepared to meet the usual bureaucratic resistance and lose the balance of my pre-paid stay. To my complete, and well-travelled surprise, Jackie, greeted me warmly and professionally, patiently listened to my story and excused herself to get the on-duty night manager, Sheldon. This is the most impressive thing about the whole affair, when Sheldon arrived, I didn't have to explain the whole story again!!! Jackie had actually LISTENED to my story and thoroughly informed Sheldon PRIOR to his arrival to speak to me! Wow! When was the last time that happened to you! Sheldon briefly checked to verify how (credit or debit card) I had pre-paid for the stay, told me I would receive the balance of my payment back in a couple of days and thanked me for choosing Crowne Plaza Suites. Additionally, he gave me his card and asked that I speak with Matthew, the day manager, to make sure that I would experience no problem when I checked out. The next morning when I checked out, I spoke to Matthew, and there was no problem with my account. Sheldon had actually left a message to inform Matthew of my situation. Matthew thanked me for staying at the Crowne Plaza Suites and hoped to receive my business again in the future.

Now, for the hotel. The portico was large and could easily accommodate several large cars and vans. The lobby was small, but well organized. Off to the left from the lobby was a large central atrium, in which was located a small bar and further away, the hotel restaurant. Jackie, provided me my key, explained the wifi code, and told me to enjoy my stay.

The room, appeared vaguely familiar in its layout. Upon entering the spacious room was the suite area, then walking past the bathroom, the bedroom. Everything was clean and nicely appointed.

Had dinner at the hotel restaurant, which featured a moderately large menu for various tastes and/or culinary requirements. The wait-staff was highly professional and courteous. Nyjil (pronounced Nigel), was absolutely superb! I happened to mention my vague familiarity with the layout of the hotel, and Nyjil began to detail the history of the Crowne Plaza conversion from an Embassy Suites hotel. I remarked about how professional everyone had been so far, and Nyjil briefly described the training program through which all employees went. The meal was delicious and filling (large portions). Must be Texas!

I returned to the restaurant for breakfast, and was met with the same high level of professionalism and courteous service from the Maitre'd, Henry, who was also my server.

As mentioned previously, the checkout went smoothly, and I was on my way back to Albuquerque. If you're ever in Houston, I HIGHLY recommend the Crowne Plaza Suites, if for nothing other than the professional service and courteous atmosphere. And if you'd like to experience the thoroughly enjoyable experience of Nyjil, you had better hurry. Nyjil is destined to move into some aspect of hotel management...guaranteed!

The Crowne Plaza Suites was comfortable and, overall, excellent. But it's shining and most noteworthy attribute was the level of service and professionalism I experienced. Aesthetics is nice and maybe the only thing for which some travelers are looking. However, if 5-star aesthetics is not the only thing for which you look in a hotel, then maybe you should give the Crowne Plaza Suites in Houston a try and experience true 5-star service and professionalism in EVERY aspect of your stay. Business travelers, this is the place for you!

By the way, I received my refund of balance in two days, just as Sheldon had promised.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Al P

Dear Al P,

Wow! Thank you for your superb comments of our hotel. Our front desk staff will certainly be dancing as this will be music to their ears. Jackie, Sheldon, and Matthew are overachievers and have exemplified our #1 goal of exceeding the guest's expectations. We hope to see you on your next visit soon.