“Absolutly Awesome”

Ranked #115 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA
“Absolutly Awesome”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Very modern and clean. Price was excellent. Loved the balcony. Bed was very comfortable. They even had big bottles of Pellegrino water available in the room. Will definetly be back when I return to Houston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Nina V,

Our staff will certainly be proud of your kind comments about our hotel. Our goal is to exceed every guest expecations. We pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Kareem Settles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Reviewed October 2, 2013

On the weekend of September 13-15 of 2013 I stayed at the Crown Plaza in Sugarland for a state conference. The service was amazing. I was greeted with smiles. I experienced laughter shared by each employee I encountered. If you're in the area and need a nice place to relax or concentrate on work I highly recommend you choose this location for your stay.

1 Thank MicheleCQ
Dear MicheleCQ,

Thank you for your kind comments of our hotel. We strive to exceed every guest's expectations. We will share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Denver
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our 2 day stay. A mature property that has been well maintained. Not fancy but nice. Easy access to major and secondary roads. Parking was convenient. We did not eat at the restaurant although it looked busy. There were ample choices in the vicinity. If you have a car, a good place to stay if visiting the museum district.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank directedit
Dear directedit,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to become your hotel for any future travel. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I am a road surveyor for the Department of transportation. I travel to different states 10 months out of the year. Every night we stay in a different hotel. When we find a favorite we go back as much as we can! The Crowne Plaza Houston/SugarLand is one of our favorites! Lets start with the staff, being on the road and not getting to see family a lot is hard! From the second my coworker and I walked in, we felt welcomed and at home! The staff here treated us as if we had been there everyday! They were very nice and extremely helpful! The manager on duty Sheldon, was amazing and informative of the things in the hotel and the restaurants around the area. He took extra time to make sure our check in went smoothly and that our rooms were exceptional. Next: the rooms, we were on the 8th floor which is the executive level and it was extravagant! First of all I love that I get to wake up to Starbucks coffee in my room every morning without having to leave my hotel! This is a big plus for me because Starbucks fuels me in the morning! The robes provided in the room are very comfortable and a nice amenity. I loved having a balcony where I could stand outside and look at the city! To my surprise you could not hear any traffic noise coming from the interstate that was right below. The beds are the best hotel beds that I have slept on since my assignment in Texas and the pillows are perfect! Last but not least, they have an amazing bartender and breakfast buffet at this hotel! I will always return to the Crowne!

Dear Krysipoo,

We thank you for your kind comments. We will share your comments to Sheldon and our entire staff. This will be music to their ears. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Starting from the second we walked in, this hotel shines above the rest. I stay in at least 200 hotels a year, and I am here to tell you, this place is exemplary in service and comfort.
Sheldon was amazing. He made us feel like we were family. We had the opportunity to go back on another day, and we were treated like long lost friends. It was great. Clean rooms, sparkling bathrooms, and comfortable bathrobes. Wonderful starbucks coffee. What an unexpected pleasure. Loved it.

1 Thank scrowder44
Dear Scrowder 44,

Thank you for your kind comments. We will certainly share your comments with Sheldon and our entire staff. We hope to become your hotel of choice. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Irving, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was the perfect location for a last minute getaway. Free parking, Wi-Fi, spacious rooms, and breakfast buffet...what more can you ask for? My first impression upon entrance was WOW. The staff was very prompt in assisting with my early arrival by ensuring that a room was available for check-in. They explained where all the amenities were located throughout the hotel and made sure that I had no questions. Once in the room I was blown away with the space and layout. The room was clean and bright. The breakfast buffet was amazing...pancakes and waffles made to order by the cooks, sausage, bacon, fruit, and multiple juice choices.
I will definitely stay here again, no doubt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glenda W
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Glenda W,

We certainly thank you for your kind comments of our hotel. We understand that you have many options when traveling and thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This has all of the things that I look for. FREE parking, wifi and breakfast. The breakfast buffet is very good. It's not just fruit loops and bananas. Eggs, sausage, bacon, bagels, pastries, juice, potatoes, oat meal, yoghurt and more. The wifi is one of the best I've encountered. You sign in once and can keep using it every time you open your device. Self parking is very convenient.

Our suite was very large and the bathroom was also large with a walkin shower as well as a big tub. Good water pressure in the shower, double sinks and lots of towels. There is also an in-room safe and a balcony. Two welcome pluses. Air conditioning was meat locker quality if that's

The desk staff was very friendly and efficient. The hotel staff was prompt when filling requests, of which we had two. We needed the sofa bed on this trip and it was serviceable. None of them are great so I can't downgrade the hotel for this.

The property is not new but it is well kept for what it is. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient. Prices for this booking were very reasonable. Location is not bad. The westheimer area is relatively close and Sugar Land is about 8 minutes away. Not much within walking distance but a load of restaurants within a few minutes.

While we didn't use them, there seems to be quite a bit of hotel shuttle service available. We will stay here again if the need arises and we will consider other Crowne Plaza properties as a result of our stay here. Great pillows, too! Small business center and a place to work out are included.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Geoffrey Z
Dear Geoffrey Z,

Your comments are music to our hears. We are overyjoyed to learn about your stay. We will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.