“Great value hotel”

Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
Ranked #121 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights and got a great price on the room. Liked the suite style rooms that felt spacious for a longer stay and allowed us to put our 7 year old to bed while we stayed up. Hotel was convenient for the attractions we did on the Houston city pass including museums, NASA and Kemah boardwalk. Also close to the Galleria mall. There was a problem with the room we were initially given and the front desk staff volunteered a very generous comp to make up for it - great customer service. Restaurant in the hotel was very reasonably priced but there are also plenty of other dining options in the area including an Olive Garden and Saltgrass steakhouse right next door. Small business center in the hotel was great as it allowed me to print out a couple of things I needed. WIFI internet access was free as was parking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt C
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Matt C,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are music to our associates ears. We hope to see you soon on your next visit. Thank You.

Front Office Manager
Kareem Settles

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I highly recommend this hotel. Although we arrived at a late night hour, we received excellent service from the associates. The hotel is very clean, organized, and the staff is neat, clean, and very courteous. We stayed on the Executive Level suite, and we were impressed how spacious it was. Nice place for company meetings and conferences. We like the layout of the hotel as all the rooms face the open floor area. Nice bar and restaurant as well. - D. Salang

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dinno S

Dear Dinno S.,

We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our hotel goal is to exceed each and every guest expecations. We are glad to hear you had a great experience! We hope to see you soon on your next visit. Thank You.

Front Office Manager
Kareem Settles

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I visited Houston for a conference at GRB convention center with a friend. I couldn't find any hotels close to downtown under $350 a night. I came across this hotel offering a suite for less than &150. It is about 20 minutes from convention center and I didn't hit any major traffic. Parking is free at this hotel. The receptionists were extremely nice and helpful, always smiling and very accommodating. They offer free shuttles to anywhere within 10 miles radius, and Galleria is that close!). The room was huge!! 2 queen beds, a living room with fridge, sink, coffee maker, and a pull out sofa bed too!! Our stay was great and I will def go back there next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on 8th floor are in the quiet zone. Buy the breakfast deal online and it is worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HOV76
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Chefdimo,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I'm thrilled that you were able to stay at our hotel and get a great deal. We appreciate the comments regarding our staff, shuttles, and hope to get your continued business when return to Houston. Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is by far one of the best, if not the best, places to stay when visiting Houston. It is family-friendly and still accommodating to the business traveler. Very clean environment, with a nice bar and dining area. Breakfast IS NOT the typical continental breakfast - guests have the option of eating from the HOT BUFFET or have something custom made. AWESOME!

Room Tip: All room are good rooms. However I would advise you to join the hotel club for upgrades.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VAuguste

Dear VAuguste,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your comments. We'll make sure we pass on your comments to each department and hope to see you'll again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

In for a business trip, my sister asked me about good places to stay close to our side of town. I have always had good experiences at this Crowne Plaza, so I suggested this location. They all had nothing but positive comments about the hotel. Very clean, the rooms were large and very comfortable and the staff were all very friendly. They said they would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bill q

Dear Bill Q,

We want to thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your comments with us. Our entire staffs greatly appreciate your compliments. I will pass on these comment and we look forward to seeing you'll again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with my son's baseball team while playing in a tournament close by, and the Crowne Plaza Suites was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. The staff is exceptional! JohnPaul helped me with our group reservations, and he was not only extremely helpful and accommodating but also took time nearly every day to seek me out to see how we liked the hotel and to ask about the team's progress. The night manager Sheldon was equally personable and accommodating, as was the entire front desk crew. The restaurant was fabulous - great food for all 3 meals with very friendly waitstaff. Both the kids and the parents really enjoyed the plentiful seating in the lobby area, with plenty of tables for the boys to play their card games. We also enjoyed the indoor pool - spacious and nice. One thing the website didn't mention was the little patio area with tables, chairs, and chaise lounges off the pool, which our group spent most evenings on - a very nice surprise. The 2-room suites were plenty spacious - my family of 6 was very comfortable, never cramped - and the mini-fridge and microwave were very useful. Our group also liked that all the rooms overlooked the spacious atrium and that the elevators were glass, so it was very easy to keep tabs on the kids no matter what floor or elevator they were on. Added bonuses for our group were the 2 restaurants located on either side of the hotel, Salt Grass Steakhouse and Olive Garden, which we walked to several times. Also, an Academy was located around the corner - most convenient for a sports team. In a nutshell, I loved this hotel and would totally stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Pam K

Dear Pam K,

We want to thank you'll so much for your review of our hotel. The kids were very well behaved, respectful, and seemed to have lots of fun in the hotel. I'm really happy the weather was nice and you'll were able to enjoy the outside sitting area for the team meetings after games and dinner. It was a pleasure taking care of the teams needs and I know our entire staff here at Crowne Plaza Houston Suites feels the same way. Good luck to the team and we hope to see everyone again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Finally got around to writing this review. Stayed here awhile back and it was a perfect stay. We stayed in the executive level (which I will say was nice to have no neighbors with kids) and the rooms were comfortable and spacious. Some people think the location makes this hotel noisy due to the freeway being so close. I looked at it a little more utilitarian. With the freeway so close it was not complex to get here and I heard no freeway noise during the stay. Overall it's a place to stay thats worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JCReeve

Dear JCReeve

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am very happy you had a perfect stay with us. A perfect stay is what we want for every guest and it's something we strive for each and every day. Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.