“Bad experience”

Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land
Ranked #128 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I got reservation to this hotel 1 months in advance knowing that it will be week of OTC convention and entire Houston is going to be booked. When I arrived I found that my reservation was miraculously got cancelled. I was redirected three times to different reservation reps which informed me that they don't know how cancellation happened and they are not able to help me. So I rate only service now which from my standpoint looks F-grade.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Boris_Crow,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 1, 2013

What do you say when a place is perfect? I was amazed with the service this hotel offers. The service protocol and going above all my expectations from the time we arrived till we got there. I can't thank them enough for making my Anniversary one to remember. We are an Army family and to have me and my wife spend time together was amazing. We will always stay here if we visit houston again and another amazing thing was the mall less then 10mins. Wow !!!!! Huge!!!!! and one of a kind.

Room Tip: Go for the Executive Suite it is the best has a jacuzzi tub in it.
1  Thank Gina A
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Gina A,

Thank you for that great review!
I am so glad you and your family were able to spend some time together here at our hotel.
Its great to hear that we go above and beyond for our guests here and to find out that we helped make a memory is even better. This is why most of us here got into hospitality in the first place!
Its a joy that you were able to celebrate your anniversary with us and I certainly hope you are able to do so again and again.
So what DO you say when something is so perfect?...I think you just did.

Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed in an executive suite here for a few weeks on relocating to Houston. I was a great choice for a longer stay - a large spacious suite (with completely separate bedroom). We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, and dinner options within the hotel. It is very conveniently located, just off a major highway, and with many shops nearby. Would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Summery1

Dear Summery1,

Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed your stay here for a few weeks. With so many breakfast items its not difficult to find something new to eat there every day.
Definitely having a spacious suite like ours is much more comfortable. I hope your relocation to Houston is complete and went well.
Stop by and see us again sometime!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice place to stay.Easy access to the freeway.Great staff.Clean.A couple of minor repairs needed that didn't affect our stay.The restaurant was nice.We went for business and our Annivesary.I would stay here again .bwhete

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank christine w

Dear christine w,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had such a great time here at our hotel.
Glad you enjoyed the restaurant. I hope you had a chance to try the breakfast buffett. If not, next time you stay check it out. We have pancakes, waffles, sausage, eggs and many many more items.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and agreed that it was nice hotel. Like some reviews stated, this is a former Embassy Suites minus the breakfast buffet in the morning and the evening reception. The room we ordered was an executive suite that is about 150 to 200 sq ft bigger than their standard room, though both have the same set up that consist of a sofa bed, desk and chair and bar area with a mini fridge. The bedroom was of average size with a small balcony. The bathroom was very spacious with a separate tub and shower, his and her sinks and the toilet in its own room. The only minor cons we had about the room was the fact that the ice machine was on a different floor, there was no tray for the bar soap we brought; and even though the room was a nice size, there was a lot of un-utilized space in the living area. Overall we had a great time and the hotel staff was very nice and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Executive suites are bigger, but if you can do without the extra living room space and separate tub...
2  Thank cjohnson08

Dear cjohnson08,

Thank you for this great review! I loved that detailed description of the executive suite.
It looks like you travel alot so knowing that we made a good impression is a really great thing.
I also appreciate some of your suggestions to make our hotel better and will be working on trying to change some of this in the future to make others stays even better.
We hope you come back to see us again sometime!!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed four enjoyable nights at this hotel. Our rooms were large and clean. All of the employees we encountered were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is a great value at $11.00. The hotel has easy access to the freeway. Also, there are two chain restaurants in easy walking distance from the hotel. Our room faced the freeway and truck noise was noticeable; therefore, I suggest that you ask for a room at the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
2  Thank tishcitric

Dear tishcitric,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay here. I love the breakfast here as well. There are way too many items to choose from so its great.
Thank you for your suggestions as well. I will have someone look into that noise problem to see if there is a good way to fix this in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The front desk lady was very friendly. The management did excellent job to accommodate my request. The room was very spacious. The glass elevators were very nice. This is a really good place to stay for family vacation.

Room Tip: Don't book room on the 9th floor if you do not like to hear the wind blow
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family